Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview Wasteland 2 RPG Codex Interview with Brian Fargo - Part 1

Black

Arcane
I will mark the parts where you should begin using your brain for at least 5 seconds with an exclamation mark.

So most people really are about to...

..give a CEO (!) of a game development company (!) money to produce another game that he can sell to them (!) afterwards?

I hear Brian's laughter 24/7, screaming in pleasure when thinking about this whole bunch of retards that have a serious malfunction in their brains.

I thought retards such as you got obliterated during Double Fine's Kickstarter thing, where you faggots SAID THE SAME FUCKING THING AND PEOPLE WOULD POINT OUT YOUR MENTAL HANDICAP AGAIN AND AGAIN

Lexx

Cipher
So, when does part 2 show up? I am hyped up for more Wasteland 2 news.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let's not get too excited - this is probably definitely a troll who's now laughing at everybody's overreactions.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
$100k = you will get a handwritten letter by Fargo officially disowning and apologizing for Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

There's not much inXile can do when making games under a publisher model. It's not like they could have made that a turn-based complex stat/skill cRPG or anything like that.

It was a joke. That said, even for a hack-n-slash multiplatform ARPG Hunted was still a piece of shit.
Seriously, "publisher made them make a game in genre x" isn't an excuse for making bad games. Remember Hei$t? The sandbox run-around-a-somewhat-open-world-and-destroy-respawning-things action game so bad that renowned-shovelware publisher Codemasters canceled it?

curry

Arcane
I will mark the parts where you should begin using your brain for at least 5 seconds with an exclamation mark.

..give a CEO (!) of a game development company (!) money to produce another game that he can sell to them (!) afterwards?

I hear Brian's laughter 24/7, screaming in pleasure when thinking about this whole bunch of retards that have a serious malfunction in their brains.

You get the game for free if you donate, retard

Maybe someone should tell Fargo too :smug:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Use your head bro. If we give money to the devs, they won't sell the game to us. We will get it as a perk, for doneting. Only the people who haven't donated earlier will have to pay for the game.

GordonHalfman

Scholar
Getting people to pay for digital content before you make it seems reasonable, given the difficulties you can have in getting them to pay afterwards.

Achilles

Arcane
There's not much inXile can do when making games under a publisher model. It's not like they could have made that a turn-based complex stat/skill cRPG or anything like that.

They could have saved us the "all old RPGs really wanted to be action games" crap though. Sure, make a "modern game" to pay the bills but that line was pure sacrilege.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity

They could have saved us the "all old RPGs really wanted to be action games" crap though. Sure, make a "modern game" to pay the bills but that line was pure sacrilege.

Oh, right. That was someone at inXile. That's probably the most horrible qoute I know from any game designer. I'm willing to forgive it, though, if Wasteland 2 happens the way Fargo is talking about it. Actions speak louder than words, after all.

MMXI

Arcane
Brian Fargo on Twitter:

It's official! Mark Morgan who composed the music for Fallout 1 and 2 has signed on to help do the same and set the mood for Wasteland.

Interrresting.
I hope it's not in Fallout's style, though. Wasteland had primitive graphics, little sound and no music, which meant your imagination created a lot of the atmosphere. I, personally, never pictured it like Fallout at all, though perhaps Fargo did. It felt much more silly than even Fallout 2, and the world felt more vibrant and comic-like. It'll be hard for the music to match up with that.

Morkar Left

:eek:

:mob:
Consider yourself warned inXile...

C'mon where's part two? Damn teasers... (please...)

likaq

Arcane
Fargo should contact with ITS and use AoD engine ( modified torgue engine ). It's perfect for this project, it has already implemented isometric camera, turn-based combat, it looks great, it's very cheap and have low hardware requirements. It's WIN-WIN situation.

curry

Arcane
Fargo should contact with ITS and use AoD engine ( modified torgue engine ). It's perfect for this project, it has already implemented isometric camera, turn-based combat, it looks great, it's very cheap and have low hardware requirements. It's WIN-WIN situation.

2pzegyv.jpg

MMXI

Arcane
The funny thing would be if suddenly games like this became the norm again due to kickstarter letting companies fund nonshit games before AoD comes out. Then they'd have to compete with million dollar budget old school RPGs made by some of the most experienced game devs around. Man that would suck for them.

I think I even remember joking about that when I first heard of AoD but I didn't think it had even a tiny chance of happening.
This is a very good point. I think they should move the release date forward to Wednesday.

Morkar Left

Or it makes them believe they should reinforce their production values and delay it till Friday.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The funny thing would be if suddenly games like this became the norm again due to kickstarter letting companies fund nonshit games before AoD comes out. Then they'd have to compete with million dollar budget old school RPGs made by some of the most experienced game devs around. Man that would suck for them.

I think I even remember joking about that when I first heard of AoD but I didn't think it had even a tiny chance of happening.
One more reason to release AoD as soon as possible, so it doesn't have to compate with Obsidian's and Fargo's projects (if they are realized).

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer

They'll have a few months shy of two years, probably. They can release in that timeframe. I hope?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom