Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you be purchasing TES V: Skyrim?

Will you be purchasing Skyrim?

• Yes; in fact I have it pre-ordered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I will pick it up at release

• Yes, I'll eventually buy it, but no rush

• No, I have no interest in it at all

• No, but I will be sailing the Seven Seas to pillage its booty yargh!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
C'mon. You knew somebody had to make this poll. It seems I would be the natural choice. :smug:

Please answer honestly.

Mortmal

Arcane
you are missing the option : i will buy several copies of it ;)

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
No, probably not. I was willing to give Bethesda another chance after Oblivion, but at times it seems that every new announcement is more depressing than the last.

If it gets good reviews from sources I trust, then I will reconsider.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Depends on if I will be able to resist my "urge to play some hiking sim in frozen countrysides or not"-check - then it will be either option 4 or 5.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So it's the time when you wankers start to fill the rpg discussion with skyrim spam.

(like when da2 came out)

Fuck you in advance.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
SCO said:
Fuck you in advance.

I'll beg your pardon, sir, but I do not consider this poll to be spam. I am conducting scientific research.

I'll also remind you that I am not the type of person to litter GRPG with unnecessary filler. In fact, I've always been a staunch defender of the strictest division between this place and GD.

Harumph!

DraQ

Arcane
First three options are spurious.
I have very little interest in it, may eventually sail seven seas but even that is not very likely.

Of course I'd happily buy a TES game right away if it turned out good, but let's get real - Skyrim won't.

Vibalist

Arcane
No. And it's not even out of some sense of wanting to boycott Bethesda for fucking up the RPG genre. I just don't follow Skyrim or care much about it.

Besides, I predict I'll spend the next 8 years playing Arkham City anyway. It's probably a better RPG too.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game in my life and I'm not going to start with this. (I watched the first few minutes of Oblivion, but that doesn't count.)

Erzherzog

Magister
Probably pick it up eventually unless it somehow manages to be worse than Oblivion.

For all its flaws, I loved Morrowind. I'm basically seeing if a TES-style game somewhere between Oblivion and Morrowind in quality sucks or not.

Black

Arcane
Nope, not buying, not pirating.
Don't like crap on my HDD.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I won't even read the reviews, because I already know they'll all be 10/10 GOTY. The game will be equally predicable and bland.
Totally indifferent to its release.

Xi

Arcane
I will purchase it eventually, but definitely not day one. Gonna wait for a proper KKKODEX review.

I can't buy it unless the smart, unbiased reviews that are soon to come from reputable gaming sites like IGN and Gameshot will assure me that Skyrim is at a minimum 11.5/10 and Game of the Decade.

(Bethesda's marketing team: "Can we do 11.5/10? Yeah, $300 bigger bribe and upgrade the whore's tits a size, we can hit that.")

Bruticis

I preordered it (ducks)! I'm not expecting a miracle but I'm quite sure I can still get some enjoyment out of it. I didn't like Oblivion a whole lot but still managed to get a good 50+ hours out of it.

Stinger

Arcane
Have no interest in Skyrim. Stupid game that'll need 100+ mods just to be adequate.

I'll wait till the next non-Bethesda developed Fallout game.

Repressed Homosexual
I pre-ordered it as well (53.99$ on Direct2Drive). I'm a bit worried that they're dumbing down their game, or keeping it too dumbed down, but there are other things that make me more confident as well, such as their making a world that's less generic fantasy, and more of a strange world like in Morrowind.

It will be a beefy game with tons of content, and I'm sure lots of creativity, some nice landscapes and dungeons, and Jeremy Soule's music. There factors are enough for me to warrant a purchase.

Xi

Arcane
Twinkle said:
octavius said:
What DRM does the PC version use?

Fat Gabe's testicles.

Yeah, one has to suckle a Newell testicle and juggle the peter on the end of their puffer. It's foolproof DRM though. Every PC gamer is gay for that man anyway.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I refuse to play shit Bethesda Action Games.

Just like the last shit action game Oblivion, my Game Computer shall remain Taint-Free™, and I wont buy/pirate or ever play their shit fucking games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom