Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ishin also uses the Zero engine I think.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Judgment (formerly Project JUDGE) is headed to the West in summer 2019!

A star-studded English voice cast brings Judgment to life. Greg Chun takes on the role of Judgment’s protagonist, Takayuki Yagami, supported by Crispin Freeman, Matthew Mercer, Cherami Leigh, Yuri Lowenthal, James Hong, Ed O’Ross, Amy Walker, Matt Yang King, Fred Tatasciore, Brian McNamara, as well as guest appearances by SungWon Cho, Cristina Vee, Max Mittelman, and many more.

Terra

Cipher
It's gonna be Yakuza 1 all over again. I'm not usually that guy but I hope there's an option for the japanese audio in this case.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's gonna be Yakuza 1 all over again. I'm not usually that guy but I hope there's an option for the japanese audio in this case.

See the tweet above: it will have Japanese audio option and even a separated subtitle track (translated from Japanese dialogues, not rewritten for English VO) for that. Win-win for both Japanese and English VO lovers.

Terra

Cipher

See the tweet above: it will have Japanese audio option and even a separated subtitle track (translated from Japanese dialogues, not rewritten for English VO) for that. Win-win for both Japanese and English VO lovers.
Twitter's blocked at my work (blessing and a curse lol) so couldn't view the tweet. Good to know.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I read that there won't just be dual audio, but also dual sun. Very interesting. Probably going to play in Japanese with the script that suits it. I say this as someone who plays most dual audio games in English. Yakuza Studio games are to be experienced in Japanese, that is how I am used to play them. Also, I still have scars from the Yakuza PS2 dub.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
To progress the Yakuza series, Kiryu has to be killed off. Hes been there too long. They should kill him off and replace him with the little girl as the new protagonist, with batguy watching out for her.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If Kirbro is retired, I want Akiyama to take the lead if they don't go with a completely new character.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
It needs to be a fresh face imo, and tied to the yakuza or it starts with you earning your way into a low position in the yakuza. Similar to the bitch work you had to do in sleeping dogs for the triad.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They could literally ship Kiwami already, idk why they haven't finished the Steam port

Vaarna_Aarne

Kiryu IS retired now. The protagonist of Yakuza 7 is a new character named Kasuga Ichiban:

lcRbUzG.png

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I mean it probably had to happen, otherwise we'd be watching Kiryu in a walker frame in Yakuza 8

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Doubt they'll ever truly retire Kiryu. We'll likely see him in spinoffs, or at the very least they'll use Takaya Kuroda as VA like they did in the FotNS game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well they did toss around idea about maybe making Yakuza Zero 2.

Which is basically same as saying they'll totally make a Yakuza Zero 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom