Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King Arthur II Moving Pictures

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Trailer ]</strong>

You can enjoy a new in-game (though not with actual gameplay) trailer for <a href="http://www.kingarthurthewargame.com/2/index.html" target="_blank"><strong>King Arthur II</strong></a>.
<blockquote>Paradox Interactive announced today their first in-game trailer for King Arthur II: The Role-Playing Wargame, the highly anticipated sequel for the fantasy role-playing RTS series. The story begins long after young Arthur pulled the enchanted sword out of the stone and united the war-torn lands of Britannia. Where legends normally end, King Arthur II begins its own gruesome tale...

To watch the King Arthur II in-game trailer, please visit:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5ZhHxHjRM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5ZhHxHjRM</a>
</blockquote>

Topher

Cipher
I wonder if they'll release this one on disk for the US?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks like fantasy total war. I dont mind tho, never was a big fan of Arthurian myths.

Phelot

Arcane
They should have just taken a new mythology and gone with that. This looks to extreme, but whatever.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If it wasn't fantasy I'd buy it, since I love Total War, but I hate strategies with fantasy elements and this is full of it.

Disconnected

Scholar
Fens said:
not convinced... will have to wait for the LP

The first one was very, very good. Enough so that I can't imagine they can make a sequel I won't like. And while the trailer isn't much, it does look promising.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
In fact, the trailer looks like shit. But as said above, I so much liked the first one (and Kings' Crusade), that I honestly can't see how they can go wrong with the sequel. The only thing I am slightly worried is that adding 3rd dimension to the battles (flying creatures) can result in horrible clusterfuck on the battlefield. But who knows. It can be fun as well.

Seboss

Liturgist
True, the graphic design is completely out of place but if you can look past that it's actually pretty nice.
I picked up the King Arthur Collection recently so I'm replaying it. The main gripe I have with the game is the weird difficulty progression. No matter how fast I try to research stuff and how careful I am not to trigger the next quest chapter, enemy units inevitably become too advanced and my units cannot put up a decent fight anymore. And that no matter the difficulty level I pick.

I don't know, maybe I just suck at this game. In any case, I enjoy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom