Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Worldmap, Manual and Screenies. Oh, and PCG preview.

.Sigurd

Educated
Re: Skyrim Worldmap, Manual and Screenies. Oh, and PCG previ

Mastermind said:
oscar said:
Mastermind said:
Oblivion temples were too generic compared to daggerfall's

Yeah Daedric temples were awesome in Morrowind and Daggerfall. They really felt alien with the insane architecture and weird statues.
There were no Daedric temples in Morrowind
wat

oh nevermind, It's Mastermind.

Turjan

Arcane

Mastermind said:
There were no Daedric temples in Morrowind (or daggerfall IIRC, but I haven't played enough of it to know). Do you mean ruins? I think those were unique to morrowind too.
The ruins were still in use as temples (see the worshippers and the offerings). There were also a few Daedric shrines in Vivec City. Or do you make a distinction between shrines and temples?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Turjan said:
Or do you make a distinction between shrines and temples?

Yes. Temples usually refer to either Tribunal or Almsivi temples. I also mostly remember daedric temples being called ruins, but I haven't played Morrowind in a while so it could just be my memory.

Turjan

Arcane

Mastermind said:
Turjan said:
Or do you make a distinction between shrines and temples?

Yes. Temples usually refer to either Tribunal or Almsivi temples. I also mostly remember daedric temples being called ruins, but I haven't played Morrowind in a while so it could just be my memory.
Tribunal and Almsivi is the same. The Imperial Cult had only shrines within forts and in one Vivec canton. Daedric shrines could be in ruins or in Vivec cantons (Foreign quarter, St. Olms, St. Delyn all had active Daedric shrines).

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Turjan said:
Tribunal and Almsivi is the same.

Yeah, I got them mixed up. On Divine temples, I was thinking of the Oblivion and Daggerfall ones.

lowergame

Barely Literate
Looks pretty good to be honest. I just hope animations are good this time around?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I like how all the pictures used to illustrate the pcg guy's journey are stock material screenshots we've all seen before. Apart from that mudcrab, that is.

lowergame said:
Looks pretty good to be honest. I just hope animations are good this time around?

Did you watch the gameplay presentation? They look like crap.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Where were the Daedric temples in Daggerfall? You had to summon the Daedric princes in the mages guild on the correct day.

Trash said:
I like how all the pictures used to illustrate the pcg guy's journey are stock material screenshots we've all seen before. Apart from that mudcrab, that is.

lowergame said:

That was a beta build, so there's still hope?

Turjan

Arcane
abnaxus said:
Where were the Daedric temples in Daggerfall? You had to summon the Daedric princes in the mages guild on the correct day.

Trash said:

lowergame said:

I thought that modern games finish their beta test after release?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
So a mod doesn't like discussion so this will go in every thread:

I came to the forum because I like Fallout. I like New Vegas, too. I like the Mass Effect series.
So, is there anything to discuss here? I can't think of anything.
I do sometimes feel like I should post more in RPG Discussion. I read the threads, but honestly what is there to discuss? PS:T was great. Arcanum was flawed but great. New Vegas was good. Fallout was good. Two out of those three games are a decade old. Mass Effect 1&2 were fun unless you don't like video games then it was BSB.

What else is there?

I should feel bad for not posting here enough, except that's wrong and really I should not because there's nothing to talk about. The only thread I found interesting was a thread about powergaming Fallout, an ancient game, rofl.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Destroid said:
What is it with Bethesda and seeking the light?
resized_ScreenShot607.jpg

Want to go out but can't afford a baby sitter?

Need something to keep your kids occupied so you don't have to look at them?

Look no further, Bethesda's got you covered brah!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Jaesun said:
I think the state of Bethesda game mods, clearly reflects the type of gamer that likes and enjoys their games.

- The fact you posted in this topic and didn't move it to GG is evidence that you clearly think Skyrim: Hiking simulator is in fact an RPG. You just lost your bitching privileges about the decline of RPGs.

corvus

Arcane
Getting my GRPG post count up.

Also gonna torrent the shit outta this. But not gonna upgrade my hardware (lol crispy)

Bromancer

Educated
I'm not going to go into this game thinking it's going to present some kind epic story with great writing. Honestly, if it's a half-decent hiking simulator with enough shit to do and explore, it'll have served its purpose for me.

MCA
So uninteresting, can't even be bothered to read the scans.

Regdar said:
How many weeks before first prostitution mods hit the nexus? Gentlemen, place your bets.

I read that as "... before first prostitution mods hits the anus?"

MCA
abnaxus said:

Trash said:

lowergame said:

lol

clueless kids are always fun.

Black

Arcane
Trash said:
Really, you'd think by now Bethesda could afford some decent people for that.
I don't think it's a matter of being able to afford some decent people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom