Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Hellraiser

Arcane
Damn Hellrasier, seeing all those screenshots of Kerbal seriously makes me want to try it out, it looks so much fun.

There's a demo on the website, download that and try it. Gameplay for the moment is mostly what it is in the demo, screwing around with making (usually) spacecraft made out of whatever combination of parts you pick (and that isn't too complex to make your PC lag, much), occasionally you plant a flag somewhere. The difference with the full game is that there are a lot more parts (most importantly rover wheels, docking ports, probe cores, electrical generators and spaceplane parts) plus a bunch of planets and moons (rather than just the Mun and Kerbin), also you can use mods in it. An actual reason to build and fly rockets (read: career mode where you manage a space program) is supposed to come soon(tm) in the next few updates, they're working on adding astronaut training in the next update for now.

DarthBehemoth

Learned
After reading the above post. I am reminded of why I love indies so much. There's a certain passion and wonderfulness to them that is absent from most (if not all) AAA-games today.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ss2013%202013-06-22%2001-56-46-92.jpg

Hellraiser

Arcane
I don't understand this part.

It's a rough space sandbox at this point, you do stuff because you can. In short it lacks objectives, there's not even a "times landed on the Mun" tracker or anything. Just a box full of rocket-shaped legos filled with rocket fuel that roughly behave as rocket science says they should. At least there is challenge in designing craft to land and return from some planetary bodies. More than you can say about universe sandbox I guess.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bitches I think you've missed me spamming this shit!

3D scopes where you can barely read range marks which do matter in this game! GJ Bohemia

5337546D8D8F516C61A8F8A9533A6E8DC838E884

Can even go to those explosions and see armies fighting it out! Not as tactical as "0:05 GET BACK INTO THE FIGHT" I know

80C09E2F8A25673DF11FB71C247A09055A47BDE2

ArmA3 is so EXTREME you can set your Bloom from 0 to 200% using a goddamn SLIDER!
PC GAME MOTHERFUCKER

C0676531D236C56DF55D657423D3B4188F21882A

ZERO DERP THIRTY

ADD908BDF2333BC7EDE9D258B3BB23A261309FF1

LAZORS

4B0355A4EA39D0DC376895663F69C121354F7E60

EXPLOSIONZ

9DC4FB188894428C2E3F3BD42052BDD12235F2B9

FOG

A6C09DF200DB1C740EDEDDCC02AB0F99E141DB0E

This is just like that UNDYING shit!

EDCA35096ABDB5120D3EE94DEB82F05C0A20594E

TripJack

Hedonist
those indoor shots are very tronish
:bounce:

too bad it's just another lame puzzle game

DraQ

Arcane
It's a rough space sandbox at this point, you do stuff because you can. In short it lacks objectives, there's not even a "times landed on the Mun" tracker or anything. Just a box full of rocket-shaped legos filled with rocket fuel that roughly behave as rocket science says they should. At least there is challenge in designing craft to land and return from some planetary bodies. More than you can say about universe sandbox I guess.
I don't understand the part about needing reason to launch rockets into fucking space.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I don't understand the part about needing reason to launch rockets into fucking space.

Guess that's why Poland's aircrafts are still afraid of trees. It's fun. ;)

potatojohn

Arcane
3D scopes where you can barely read range marks which do matter in this game! GJ Bohemia

5337546D8D8F516C61A8F8A9533A6E8DC838E884
Wait, this screenshot doesn't make any sense... why is the outside of the scope the same magnification as the scope? Or is it just a 1x scope?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
What I like the most about ARMA3 is that it has XBOX 360 gamepad support built in natively, all along with the correct symbols for each button. What does that tell us, Skyway?

zwanzig_zwoelf

What I like the most about ARMA3 is that it has XBOX 360 gamepad support built in natively, all along with the correct symbols for each button. What does that tell us, Skyway?

I actually remember that even OPFL has built-in gamepad support. And considering that game was ported to cuntbox in 2005...:troll:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Say what you will about Risen 2's corridor-islands, turning a corner to see a ship out in the bay and a rowboat on the shore, then taking that rowboat out, slaughtering the crew, stealing the ship, then selling it to the stranded soldiers on the other side of the island... well it's kinda fun.

Also it's pretty:

32BADC7144C95F2618659E311780C9A71570A155

Hellraiser

Arcane
In spess no one can hear the spess hawk swooping down.
rksp106.png

The Spess Hawk is a SSTO spaceplane, a rather big one. Usually I avoid making these since placing engines, intakes and wings is a bitch, not to mention there being a lack of big wings and stitching several smaller ones together makes the game laggy and the craft more unstable (unless they're strutted together). Also the stock 3-man cockpit looks like ass. Luckily somebody made a procedurally generated wings mod which solves most of the problems, also there are proper radially-attached intakes and cockpits available thanks to a mod that got one guy hired.

rksp101.png

The first version got into orbit but was a bit aerodynamically unstable making sharp turns rather risky, also it had a habit of pitching oddly. So I added frontal canards, rudders at the end of the V-wings and extended the winglets above the engines. The Spess Hawk 2 flies like a dream, it just needs a lot of runway, in fact the one at the KSC is too short so it end up tumbling down off it towards the sea until it gains enough speed to take off.

rksp102.png

It reaches Low Kerbin Orbit, barely like all SSTO designs. Only needs 4 rocket engines and 4 jet engines to do that, while burning most of the fuel.

rksp103.png

Docks pretty well with the LKO spess station in a 85km circular orbit, although a bit slowly and it does need the 200 monopropellant. I estimate it can reach orbits up to 110km, although I wouldn't try docking with anything above 90.

rksp104.png

Glides Soars majestically when nearly empty. One small burn and it ends up on a re-entry trajectory close to the KSC.

rksp105.png

Perfect landing and return from LKO on the first attempt.

MetalCraze

Arcane

Why are you playing ArmA3 with xbox 360 gamepad? Masochist?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom