Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Rex Feral

Prophet
Fuck your fucking b2 option. We chose this instead of yunzi and band of brothers with the bandit and the monk. I want option D. Kill, fucking kill Zhang Manxing and every fucking minister in this fucking country. Only murder, glorious murder will satisfy me now.

Otherwise if this doesn't make it I go B>A with the mention that zhang dies. We escape, advise Wuni and kill the motherfucker.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave said:
This Zhang fellow, who has very good ties with the Tang dynasty and was invited by the deceased prince himself to the tournament.
I am so not sorry for the prince anymore.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, at least we've got a new girl out of it.
I just want to point out one thing.

If you ran away with Yunzi before, Pema Rinchen would have run away with Wuni, zhang would have married Princess Jinpa, and then tried to hunt you or the Fire Cult down.

If people choose A, they allow him to do just that. The only choices that let you gain something out of this turn of events are B and C.

Also, we are becoming Chuck Norris of this world:

"Man Tiger Pig went to the Tufan tournament once. Not a day later, the country was done for."

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I feel so terrible for voting B2 now, hopefully we get another chance to form band in the future:negative:.

B.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Be glad B1 didn't win. I would have been so pissed that I'd have asked for the dreaded roll back.

asxetos

Augur
Voting B2.
Can we drop by zhang's room on our way out and finish the job too? Please treave.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Instead of kidnapping the princess we should be killing zhang. Why complicate the whole deal. Now is the perfect opportunity.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
:rpgcodex:

You guys really should have followed my lead on the A1 vote..

Well. Nothing to it. We're done here. And the younger princess? Not terribly interested in her to be honest, but every option but c means I'm obligated to go conditional...

A>B

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You don't know where he is at the moment. He probably won't be staying in the palace. Also, why do you guys hate him so much?

Nevill

Arcane
Also, I've just realised that the Codex constantly tries to off those dirty females that corrupt Jing by swaying him from his homosexual ways.

We almost killed Qilin during the battle at the Black Tiger Valley. Then, minutes later, we almost killed Yunzi by trying orthodox diplomacy (and yes, shame on me, I was there). Now we almost ended up killing Cao'er.

I wonder what horrible fate awaits Princess Jinpa...

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, sure, I'll add a vote.

1. Go looking for Zhang.
2. Don't go looking for Zhang.

Nevill

Arcane
No. Just no. The Dex is vengeful enough to go looking for him when we need to GTFO.

We get to say our 'fuck you' to him by denying him the royal girls. That's enough for now. We'll meet again and humiliate him even more before he dies.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Look, if you want to kill him or threaten him or set him up or whatever it is, you need to get to him first.

Why bother asking otherwise?

Tribute

Arbiter
Also, why do you guys hate him so much?
Zhang? Not only is he an attempted rapist, he attempted to rape our girls. He's also a massive tool besides that.

People are correct that stealing all the women is probably a big enough "fuck you" to him for now, though.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, at any rate, I guarantee you'll find him if you go looking for him. He's not hard to find.

Kipeci

Arcane
I'll vote C>B. We went through all this bother to make sure we have a friendly couple ruling Tibet, C is the only option that sees it through. In return, we get married to a princess (one who seemed interested in Jing from the moment she saw him) and also some sort of government post that will be sure to open up the resources we can contact in Tibet... where we're planning on staying for a while, incidentally! There's still that Fire Cult to scope out, after all.

And if we do tire of going about Tibet, want to make a journey back to China and for some reason we're told we can't, what's really to stop Jing from leaving anyway? Most of you are making the run away decision while Jing is in chains at a prison, doing it as a general should be even easier if anything.

Fangshi

Arcane
Damn, adventuring with the Little Tiger, the monk and Yunzi would have been fun... how about a rollback... :troll:

If we just leave (A) then zhang becomes ruler of the Tufan, he does not like us but if he is Shun's man then this could be good for the Empire.

If we steal the princess (B) then we put her sister in a difficult spot. There are two ways I could see that going. She could decide to run away with Wuni like she is currently prepared to do or she may decide to stay. If all of her siblings are dead or missing she may not have it in her to just cut and run and leave her people in the lurch so to speak. If she stays then zhang becomes ruler and we have the same problems and benefits as in A only we now have another wife, a traveling companion or a hostage depending on how she reacts. It may not be wise to run to the Cult if we have her with us as we will likely be hunted and I do not know how well the Cult would respond to that sort of pressure.

If both princesses disappear I suspect the state will fall into turmoil in the short term. Their uncle, this Prince Lobsang, will probably press his claim if he is even remotely competent. The long term effect of this would be a larger and more powerful neighbour for Shun to have to deal with. Less than ideal to say the least.

A lot here hangs on whether or not zhang actually is in Shun's service. If he is then a puppet state on the border would be ideal while it would only be a danger if he is in league with anti-government forces. Sadly we do not really know enough to say one way or the other...

As a result C is the safest choice. If we accept the position we can get rid of zhang and ward off expansionist rulers like Lobsang. We would have to give up on a lot of what we want to achieve in the short to mid term...

On the issue of zhang, well he may still be Shun's man or he may be allied with the Eunuchs. Either way I don't see it as our problem anyway, leave him be I say.

Of course at the end of it all maybe it simply is not our problem to solve...

A2, this was a fun vacation but we really should get back to the task at had. Let the politicians worry about politics and the Tibetans worry about Tibet, it is none of our business really.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom