Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Because:
- We promised.
- The AXE TO THE MOTHERFUCKING CHEST placed Wuni directly on the throne.
- He is experienced enough to understand that it was Jing who gave the princess up to him and elevated him to a position where he can marry Rinchen.

Basically, this is the perfect way to resume the tournament plan that we kinda agreed on earlier. It also avoids the dreaded 'unified Tibet' that some of the voters cared so much about. That we also got rid of Yunzi's suitor and a potential enemy of Tang with an interest in Sun Tzu and replaced him with a less brilliant, but more BRO type ruler is a huge bonus.

This option has a good chance of working, because all the second faction needs is a strong warrior, and here is a chance for Wuni to prove that he is one if he prevails over Man Tiger Pig and succeeds where the whole army have failed. Logically, that also makes marrying zhang something they don't need to do. Therefore, your points about the poor princess no longer apply.

Theoretically, it can fail to produce the exact same goal we are aiming for, but that goes for any other option in the LP.

The nobles would still want ties with Tang and Lobsang, but they can't force their decision anymore, since Rinchen's marriage would fulfill their requirements. There would no longer be a pressure for an immediate decision, and it would ultimately be up to Jinpa.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Ok, we now have 20 votes. I ask fellow B voters not to prolong the suffering and flop for an early update.

The girl does not want to come with us. It's her loss.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Zhang is an option for the Crown Princess. Without us it would fit perfectly especially so since it strengthens ties with the Tang.

Also we have been seen talking to Bro and he even CAME to OUR AID. During the torny this means if Zhang wanted to he can say we worked together. Which we did our temp Bro doesn't strike me as a good liar.

Not to mention without us... Zhang will be chosen to marry the Little Princess if only to please the Tang.

I ask of you Bros to do the right thing. Only real choice for a happy ending is away from the courts.

A. Doesn't lead to a wonderland of happiness it hides the cruel thorns of Politics.

RealDDc

Learned
A
We require one more A vote to fullfill the imminent update requirement if im not mistaken.

Wrong that was vote 16. 4 more to go. :M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Zhang is an option for the Crown Princess. Without us it would fit perfectly especially so since it strengthens ties with the Tang.

Not to mention without us... Zhang will be chosen to marry the Little Princess if only to please the Tang.
Two questions.

1) Why did they want to marry the crown princess to us? To strengthen ties with Tang, too?

No, because they needed a strong warrior. If Wuni proves to be one, he will do just fine. Actually, he will be even better suited than us. We are a villain and a foreigner, and he would be a hero.

2) Why do they need to please Tang, again? As far as I know, nothing of a sort was planned when the prince was still alive, so why would it be now?

Last edited:

Bloodshifter

Educated

Two questions.

1) Why would the wanted to marry the crown princess to us? To strengthen ties with Tang, too?

No, because they need a strong warrior. If Wuni proves to be one, he will do just fine. Actually, he will be even better suited than us. We are a villain and a foreigner, and he would be a hero.

2) Why do they need to please Tang, again? As far as I know, nothing of a sort was planned when the prince was still alive, so why would it be now?
We weren't really on the table for that. We are stupidly TOUGH which by the looks is a real plus for the Royality for some reason. Zhang was their FIRST choice we were there if he declined. Wuni won't have the light of day once they begin a smear campaign not to mention Zhang is STILL THE FIRST CHOICE.

The Tang are not people you want to brush off, Zhang by extension will net this country better ties with them. Possibly for unknown favors in return. The Crown Princess was hoping to use us to let herself marry her love at the expense of her sister. Without us who can by all rights face down Fire Temple, what do you think the Court would choose? Assistant to ManTigerPig? Or the Favor of the Tang Empire?

I'll give you a hint the choice isn't an ruffian off the streets.

We weakened the influence the Crown Princess can exhert inside her Court. No one is going to believe the girl that thought marrying us to the Little Princess was a good idea. She is lucky if her lover is moved onto the list for possiblities.

Nevill

Arcane
Zhang was their FIRST choice we were there if he declined. Wuni won't have the light of day once they begin a smear campaign not to mention Zhang is STILL THE FIRST CHOICE.
Is there anything in the text that supports this? A quote would be nice.

The Tang are not people you want to brush off, Zhang by extension will net this country better ties with them. Possibly for unknown favors in return. The Crown Princess was hoping to use us to let herself marry her love at the expense of her sister. Without us who can by all rights face down Fire Temple, what do you think the Court would choose? Assistant to ManTigerPig? Or the Favor of the Tang Empire?
a) Why would anyone face down the Fire Temple who is still paying them tribute?
b) zhang has something to offer them, yes. But he wasn't considered any more valid marriage prospect than the other contestants. He was a tournament participant, and was viewed solely on his martial merits.
c) If the court was ready to choose Man Tiger Pig, the man who can beat Man Tiger Pig would be a no-brainer.

Whatever zhang has to offer, he was not invited here to marry Princess Jinpa. He was here to compete for Rinchen's hand. If he loses to Wuni, he has no more rights to Jinpa than Pang Xiaohu.

Sorry, I can't see the logic.

We weakened the influence the Crown Princess can exhert inside her Court. No one is going to believe the girl that thought marrying us to the Little Princess was a good idea. She is lucky if her lover is moved onto the list for possiblities.
Another quote would be nice.
Why marrying us to the little princess is a BAD, BAD IDEA, but marrying us to the crown princess is the BEST IDEA EVER?
Again, the council offered us as a marriage candidate. Not Rinchen. Why would her supporting their idea weaken her position?

The more I read, the more confused I become. :?:?:?

Last edited:

Bloodshifter

Educated
Is there anything in the text that supports this? A quote would be nice.

a) Why would anyone face down the Fire Temple who is still paying them tribute?
b) zhang has something to offer them, yes. But he wasn't considered any more valid marriage prospect than the other contestants. He was a tournament participant, and was viewed solely on his martial merits.
c) If the court was ready to choose Man Tiger Pig, the man who can beat Man Tiger Pig would be a no-brainer.

Whatever zhang has to offer, he was not invited here to marry Princess Jinpa. He was here to compete for Rinchen's hand. If he loses to Wuni, he has no more rights to Jinpa than Pang Xiaohu.

Sorry, I can't see the logic.

Another quote would be nice.
Why marrying us to the little princess is a BAD, BAD IDEA, but marrying us to the crown princess is the BEST IDEA EVER?
Again, the court offered us as a marriage candidate. Not Rinchen. Why would her supporting their idea weken her position?

The more I read, the more confused I become. :?:?:?

Princess Jinpa said:
“This is how things stand right now. Our council is split into two factions. One side supports our distant uncle, Prince Lobsang, who is now ruling in Lhasa. They propose that we reunite the two states in marriage to rid the bad blood between us and make for a stronger Tibetan kingdom. The other does not wish for such a reunification and supports Princess Rinchen, and to that end has proposed that my sister marry one of the brave fighters in the tournament to strengthen Tufan. There are only two choices that would work. This Zhang fellow, who has very good ties with the Tang dynasty and was invited by the deceased prince himself to the tournament. And Xu Jing, who has personal strength and would be a good general for our forces, and actually performed well in the tournament itself.”
To steal this from you. The Court is divided between Richen and Unifiers Richen loses face with her ploy blowing up, Zhang was only considered with us BECAUSE of his Tang ties and Prince Invite.

A) bad choice of words. I meant that we were really really strong and by the Tournament we would have taken her hand.
B) provided (by you) snippet has Zhang put forward because of Prince Influence, Tang Ties and Martial Prowess.
C) ManTigerPig has a proven track record ManTigerPig was expected to behave. ManTigerPig lived to his name. Richen has likely lost support against Unifiers.

Zhang still has Imperial ties politically its sound to marry her off in exchange for influence from them. Especially if one is to call into question her 'suitability' to be a wife. Afterall the tales of ManTigerPig is many.

Because she proposed it? In Court if your idea went up in flames people are less likely to continue backing you.

Remember she is also fighting against marrying the Crown Prince Lobsang. This display of her miscalculation can steal the leverage she had in stopping them. Her ploy ONLY WORKS if the Little Princess was married as that was completely unexpected and satisfied the Court. Now she can.
1. Marry off LP to Zhang
2. Marry Zhang
3. Try to push for Bro to be considered
4. Marry Lobsang

All while working with a small pull and more Nobles of the Court not listening to her because of us.

Kipeci

Arcane
Of all the days to be strapped for time and stuck on mobile... I'll flop to A IF that would make it reach twenty and thus grant that early update since I think there's no way to assemble a 19 strong countervote by now, but I want to have it on the record that I still think that A is both fucking retarded and reprehensible as a choice.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Of all the days to be strapped for time and stuck on mobile... I'll flop to A IF that would make it reach twenty and thus grant that early update since I think there's no way to assemble a 19 strong countervote by now, but I want to have it on the record that I still think that A is both fucking retarded and reprehensible as a choice.
20 vote only ENDS THE VOTE EARLY.

We don't need 20 to win.

Jester

Arbiter
Vote A
Enough with this kingdom, there is no one to play with here. The only thing of interest remaining here could be punishing certain person not living to name "Zhang", but we got summit etc to deal with instead.

Tribute

Arbiter
Can we at the very least murder Zhang on our way out, if we're going to do this? The whole point of going with B2 was to make sure nobody ended up with Zhang.

I really don't want this girl getting stuck with that pompous rapist asshole.

Nevill

Arcane
We still don't know where he is, so no, we can't. Since we decided not to look for him.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Forget about him. Remember he's here on behalf of Shun? You do remember it's Shun Jing serves, right? If Zhang is truly here on behalf of Shun, we should do what is in our power to cosolidate his position, not undermine it. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Azira said:
If Zhang is truly here on behalf of Shun, we should do what is in our power to cosolidate his position, not undermine it.
I can't care less about whose behalf he is here on.

Shun should know better than to send an asshole like him as his emissary next time.

He could have been the one killed by the bandit in the tournament. We also assumed that Shun send him here as a win/win option - either he gets killed, or he gets the princess. I don't see why we can't go for the first 'win' option.

Azira said:
You do remember it's Shun Jing serves, right?
No, I don't. I am working hard on getting Jing off Shun's cock since the beginning of the LP.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Baltika9 - A
Fangshi - A
Esquilax - A
Tigranes - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - A
Anabanana - A
Nevill - A
ERYFKRAD - A
Bloodshifter - B
Azira - A
Rex Feral - A
Zero Credibility - A
asxetos - A
Smashing Axe - B
archaen - A
Kz3r0 - A
ScubaV - A
Kipeci - A
profreshinal - A
Tribute - B
RealDDc - A
Jester - A
a bear named spigot - A
Elfberserker - B

Final tally:

A - 20
B - 4

Huh, I guess I'll get started on that update right now then. Should be ready in about 16 hours, or a bit more beyond that.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
B

Sorry A bros, but I have to listen my heart now. Last time I tried to use logic in choices, I missed chance to form BROTEAM. I like the girl and she is too good for someone like Zhang to even possible to marry.

Tribute

Arbiter
Because he's marrying Rinchen either way?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom