Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance: Drug Flashback

bonescraper

Hmm, i must admit that i'm really pleased by the progress so far. The game keeps getting better and better. It's still far from finished, but it's shaping up to be a game worthy of the JA title.

Branm

Learned
Hmmm trying early access for first time...Looks decent but is it just me or does the game run like total ass, only getting 8 fps havign everything maxed? On a I7, 12gb ram and a gtx 675.

Kind of odd after I just tried Watchdog and that ran perfectly almost maxed.

Edit: Figured it out....seems the game is using my onboard gfx card rather than the gtx675...Cant figure out a way to force it to use the 675 either

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm trying early access for first time...Looks decent but is it just me or does the game run like total ass, only getting 8 fps havign everything maxed? On a I7, 12gb ram and a gtx 675.
Yeah. My recent experiences with Early Access type things have taught me that you don't do engine optimization at least until all your game systems are complete. Get used to it. :) But this will definitely go away before release.

bonescraper

The framerate doesn't drop below 58 FPS on my machine. I5, 8 gigs of ram, GTX760.

Executr

Cipher
It's set to be released on the 21st of October, according to their website:
For those who don’t know, we told journalists at Gamescom that we would be launching the final version of JAF in Mid/End October and that the launch price would be €29.99.

We’ve now settled on a release date, which is the 21st of October for both the digital version and the retail version.

We originally said we would launch in November 2014, but as we would be competing with a lot of big titles at that time, we have decided for this slot instead.

Dear Backers,

Being at the point in the project where we are wrapping up to release JAF soon, I wanted to take the opportunity to send you a personal message from me to you.

While it has only been 18 months, looking back, it feels like years ago that we ran our Flashback Kickstarter. But the fruit of that campaign is ripening fast and is about to get into the hands of you and everyone else as the final product of that highly eventful month in April/May 2013.

Looking back at the Kickstarter campaign, my memories are quite blurry due to a lack of sleep and constant worry that we would not hit our target. For 30 days the team worked from 7 in the morning until way past midnight, only to repeat the same pattern again day after day. I’m sure that half of my grey hairs magically appeared from that period. As you may recall, we only reached the minimum goal with just hours to spare, and the joy was indescribable when we unlocked this project.

In some ways it was fantastic. We would now be able to work on Jagged Alliance, something very close to our hearts, and we were excited to be working with a very dedicated and vocal community. But in other ways it was quite stressful, as we knew we only had the absolute minimum to produce the game and our options for raising additional funds were limited.

In hindsight there were so many things we could and should have done differently, be more prepared, produce a playable version and not spend so much time on creating a website. Looking back we really should have spent more time producing solid high level designs to communicate our vision to you. In hindsight these are the things you only really learn during and after you run your first real Kickstarter...."

Taken from: http://steamcommunity.com/app/256010/discussions/0/613937942962025538/

People on the Steam forums aren't very happy with this news, some saying it's too early.
So what does our fellow Codexers that are on the EA feel about this?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's probably too early. You can't blame them for running out of money, though. I wonder how much they could make with a second Kickstarter, after releasing all those cool trailers and gaining more trust.

The_scorpion

Liturgist
running out of Money it is then. Hopefully they get some funding through the sales to also do some patching instead of spending the dough on hookers and booze.

under the assumption that the game does indeed have some redeeming Features. Which is still kind of open...

bonescraper

The game releases tomorrow, but today it recieved a 850 MB patch and it's already feature complete. And it's fucking bad. Modded BiA is way better than this PoS. Flashback is clunky, shallow, buggy and soulless. It has nice graphics for its budget though and the Miami Vice-like soundtrack is pretty cool.

Modders won't fix it i'm afraid.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still glad I backed it, sad it's apparently not going to be the gem I hoped for. I guess I'll let it hang out for another year or so and see what Bear's Pit comes up with by way of mods.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback/posts/1016041

Jagged Alliance: Flashback Released!

Dear Backers,

We’re happy to announce that Jagged Alliance: Flashback is now live on Steam, info on DRM-free below. The team has pushed forward these last weeks to polish, fix bugs and balance the game. This last week we've made major leaps and with the help of the very dedicated community testers, we have been able to crush some of the nastier bugs. BIG THANK YOU!!, we needed your support.

We thought the game deserved a proper trailer for the release, it turned out pretty damn awesome, so let’s kick off this update with a bang.

Words from our CEO, Thomas Lund
A lot of people have asked us what happens on the other side of the release. The answer is "it depends". It depends on sales really. We have to feed our families and pay the bills like everyone else, and only if the game sells will we be able to do bigger expansions.

BUT - we have a track record of post-launch support, and we are dedicated to that for JAF as well. So coming up in some weeks from now will be a free upgrade with some of the content that didn’t get into the 1.0 release.

Read on!

The first 2 things are features we really really would have loved to have in 1.0, but that didn't make the deadline.

- Weapon attachments
Scopes, silencers, ammo extenders and more!!

- Ammo types
Armor piercing, hollowpoint and other nasty pieces of lead

Additionally we want to add more content to the game. So

- Soviet weapon pack
As pointed out by the community, we added a lot of western weapons to the game. Its time to look at the old Soviet weapons and get a batch of them into the drop tables.

And lastly 2 features that didn’t turn out as great as they could have. So we will fix them up and polish:

- Shotguns:
Making shotguns look and feel more "blasty" - make them shoot multiple projectiles at once, so you get that great “buckshot” feel.

- Better shop interface:
A proper shop with images, stats and also ability to sell your items again

What is on the horizon past that is a big unknown. Bugfixes are a given, but content wise we don’t want to promise something we can’t deliver. So let’s see what happens over the next weeks.

Kickstarter related info
Skin packs + Special Merc

We’ve had to move some elements such as the skin packs and the special Merc from the Dog Tag to post release. We need to set up a proper system for them to unlock, so once that’s in place, we’ll be able make them available. We may have to make some changes to the various packs and possibly bundle them up, but more on that later.

Modding

Modding button has been grayed out because we need to hook in the new UI to support it, but don’t worry it will be added to the game, once we get past initial issues that spawn from release.

Simply letting you know now so you don’t think it won’t be part of JAF :)

Digital Rewards and Humble Bundle Info

For release day you’ll only have access to the digital version of the game. All other digital rewards will be uploaded to Humble Bundle once they’re ready and we’ll let you know through Kickstarter Updates. Most should be available at the same time we have produced the physical goods.

We’re still getting a few reports about people not being in the right tier. The spreadsheet Humble Bundle had set up needed to be completely redone, but it is a lot better now. There could be some issues when people change their email address and such, we don’t get any information about that unless you tell us or if we re-export the tiers.

On Humble Bundle we’ve used the email you pledged with, be it on PayPal or via Kickstarter. If you create an account on HB with that email and claim past purchases you should be able to see what you have access to.

Otherwise try to use the resender that we posted about in the last update.https://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender

If everything fails, contact us via kickstarter (please send us messages directly, it’s easy to miss comments.) or support@fullcontrol.dk and we will sort it out. Mostly been $25 backers having this issue.

DRM-Free Version

We are creating and uploading the DRM-free version to Humble Bundle now, but please keep in mind that Humble Bundle are based in the US, so the DRM-free version most likely won’t be available before sometime later today or tomorrow.

Linux Version issues

We’ll have wait to send out the Linux version as we’re working on clearing up some issues that are only specific to Linux. We will do our best to get the Linux version out either later today or sometime tomorrow.

6f6fb94a14c8321c3181edc741368f03_large.jpg

The team has been running on full steam the last month or so, with a programmer clocking in 80 hours last week. We are a passionate bunch and will continue to do our best to support you and Jagged Alliance: Flashback. What the future holds, is still not set in stone, but for now we’ll have a piece of cake and a glass of champagne and then get back to work :)

Until next time!

The Full Control JAF Team

bonescraper

Bear's Pit seems pretty enthusiastic about JAF. Lund publicly committed to content patches post release. Give it time.

Sorry, when i see a shotgun behaving like every other handgun it makes me wonder why did they add shotguns in the first place. There is no stealth mode, i guess stealth works automagically. There's no noise factor, even JA:BiA has that. Gun ballistics are a joke. There are no lootables, there is no reason to explore. Just enter combat, let all enemies come to you, kill them, leave sector. Rinse and repeat. Also, the AI is really, really bad. Everybody shoots from prone position, even if he's standing next to you. Why? Because it gives bonuses to hit chance and defence. You'll aslo keep doing that all the time. It's ridiculous. When you issue a move order when your group is moving, all mercs stop except your main character. And the game is full of really awful typos. If i'm saying that, you know it's terrible.

Lund can make all the promisses he wants, but if the game flops, and i'm sure it will, you won't see many content patches post-release.

Last edited by a moderator:

bonescraper

The first 2 things are features we really really would have loved to have in 1.0, but that didn't make the deadline.

- Weapon attachments
Scopes, silencers, ammo extenders and more!!

- Ammo types
Armor piercing, hollowpoint and other nasty pieces of lead

Additionally we want to add more content to the game. So

- Soviet weapon pack
As pointed out by the community, we added a lot of western weapons to the game. Its time to look at the old Soviet weapons and get a batch of them into the drop tables.

And lastly 2 features that didn’t turn out as great as they could have. So we will fix them up and polish:

- Shotguns:
Making shotguns look and feel more "blasty" - make them shoot multiple projectiles at once, so you get that great “buckshot” feel.

- Better shop interface:
A proper shop with images, stats and also ability to sell your items again

What is on the horizon past that is a big unknown. Bugfixes are a given, but content wise we don’t want to promise something we can’t deliver. So let’s see what happens over the next weeks.
Lol. The game is still in early access then. They just pulled a stunt to make some money. But they won't, people are really disappointed with this game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
They sure are good at making trailers, though. :troll:

If i'm saying that, you know it's terrible.

Well, you are the guy whose brain exploded when he saw the very first version of the Pillars of Eternity beta so I'm not sure about that

bonescraper

Well, you are the guy whose brain exploded when he saw the very first version of the Pillars of Eternity beta so I'm not sure about that
Did they un-derp the mechanics? No? Then fuck off.

And this is not a beta anymore. At least that's what the devs say.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So is this game shit? I can get it for $10, but won't bother if it's a piece of turd.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, people are disappointed? Who would have thought? :troll: JA2 was a nearly perfect game, how could they possibly fail?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom