Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What does Angelina Jolie and Bethseda have in common?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Schmucks who write brain dead praise of them.

While the link is fairly specific to a Esquire article, I couldn't help but think of our gaming journalists. Basically to interview Jolie about her new movie the press had to sign contracts saying they wouldn't use the interview to make Jolie look bad and ONLY promote the movie. But...

Slate said:
But the joke of it all—the Angelina Jolie contract and the revolt against the contract—was that anyone was foolish enough to think a written contract was really necessary. When was the last time you read a celebrity profile that was "disparaging, demeaning or derogatory"?

The rules of the game, as established by the glossy magazines and the stars' PR reps, ensure that "access" (well, a half-hour chat in a restaurant that enables the magazine to proclaim it has an "exclusive" interview) and the all-important exclusive cover shot are granted only to those magazines and journalists who will refrain from anything but fawning prose. It works out well for everybody. Celebrity journalists who play along get a good payday, magazines get newsstand sales bumps, and the rest of us are inculcated into the received myths of Celebland, the legends that sustain the illusion that it is somehow truly important

You know, there are two kinds of gaming journalism: previews and reviews. The only way to do a previes is to get on the publisher's good side so they are the only ones who can let you see the game before its released. For reviews on the otherhand, anyone can buy and play the game. I think this is why no matter how obvious game negatives should have been in previews, they'll never get mentioned until reviews.

EDIT: For some reason I put the wrong magazine name.

Zomg

Arbiter
I was thinking it was that they've both been buttfucked by Bono.

Edit - Aw shit that was Bioware.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
bryce77 said:
Why would anyone ever look down on Angelina Jolie? She's beautiful, so that alone makes her better than all of us.
Yes, she's sooo beautiful! Who wouldn't fix her water pump?!
angelinajoliewt2.jpg

psycojester

Arbiter
I'm not gay but fuck the pope, just so i could tell people that i had. And to put it on my resume'

psycojester

Arbiter
This one isn't dead yet, he only looks like it. Don't ya love legal loopholes

rei1974

Scholar
lol the return of the jedi pope...!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom