Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

roshan

Arcane
It seems to me that Roxor usually pussies out at any hint of challenge or difficulty and then blames the game's systems. He had a meltdown on the LOX thread when he got killed by the cursed hounds. I think SITS gave him a good ass kicking too.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well, I bought the game for my brother-in-law, and last night when he and my sister and niece stopped by Mom's to say goodbye (I'm headed back home this morning), he asked me how he was supposed to find his way around without a map. Mind you, he's fresh out of SGS where the paths to the generator and to the the lake are mostly straight shots north and south along the T-junction outside of the gate.

I told him to just go north and south at the T-junction, that he'd get used to it eventually, and mentioned that there should be a rudimentary map somewhere on the wiki (which he was already using). I then changed the subject, knowing that either he'll figure it out himself or he won't. Also, I hate discussing video games in real life, especially when other (normal) people are around.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw guys, sorry for off-top, but
Сan you give me some links on codex, where was discussed Sawyerism and his "design philosophy"? Don't know where to look for such fun garbage.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Perfect logic, because it's not the font problem, it is your problem because you don't have monitor that support low resolution.
Before you start talking about "standarts" - they don't exist.

So what you are saying, is font is so unreadable that I need to buy new monitor to make it readable, but this is not a problem with the font?

This is literally the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read on the Codex, and that says a lot. You go drink some milk so, then drink more milk, after a few years you should grow up and be able to hold a conversation with adults. No, I'm just messing with you, you've obviously been brain damaged since conception, so milk is not a solution, lobotomy is.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
So what you are saying, is font is so unreadable that I need to buy new monitor to make it readable, but this is not a problem with the font?
It's as much a problem of fonts, as yours and your monitor, let's put it like that.

This is literally the stupidest fucking thing I have ever read on the Codex, and that says a lot. You go drink some milk so, then drink more milk, after a few years you should grow up and be able to hold a conversation with adults. No, I'm just messing with you, you've obviously been brain damaged since conception, so milk is not a solution, lobotomy is.
No.

bati

Scholar
oneself . First of all, fuck you. Second, thoughts on this build?

STR 3
DEX 9 (max out)
AGI 7
CON 3
PER 9
WIL 3
INT 6

Skills:

Guns
Throwing
Stealth
Evasion
Hacking
Lockpicking
Mechanics
Chemistry
Tailoring

Because of high dex I'd eventually be able to take one or two more skills, especially since Chemistry doesn't need to be all that high. I'm thinking either Electronics or Dodge. How important are SMART modules and goggles for SMGs? I know they're the shit for ARs but I'm wondering if there are any differences for SMGs due to comparatively lower damage.

Feats:

Expertise, Nimble, Opportunist, Pack Rathound, Quick Pockets (optional), Hit and Run, Suppresive Fire, Interloper, Grenadier, Ballistics (optional but a huge help if taken early), Three-Pointer, Spec Ops, Escape Artist (optional), Commando.

As you can see there's lots of fluff perks here so I could theoretically even go full retard traps, drop two perks and get Trap Expert and Quick Tinkering instead. Since the stat is tied to DEX I should be able to level it easily. One thing that I'm a little worried about - is 16 dex really needed in the end? I've checked the stat point cutoffs on wiki and it seems I should be getting nearly identical performance (in terms of bursts per turn) with 15 dex. Assuming that wiki is up to date.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape

STR 3
DEX 9 (max out)
AGI 7
CON 3
PER 9
WIL 3
INT 6

Skills:

Guns
Throwing
Stealth
Evasion
Hacking
Lockpicking
Mechanics
Chemistry
Tailoring

Because of high dex I'd eventually be able to take one or two more skills, especially since Chemistry doesn't need to be all that high. I'm thinking either Electronics or Dodge. How important are SMART modules and goggles for SMGs? I know they're the shit for ARs but I'm wondering if there are any differences for SMGs due to comparatively lower damage.

Feats:

Expertise, Nimble, Opportunist, Pack Rathound, Quick Pockets (optional), Hit and Run, Suppresive Fire, Interloper, Grenadier, Ballistics (optional but a huge help if taken early), Three-Pointer, Spec Ops, Escape Artist (optional), Commando.

As you can see there's lots of fluff perks here so I could theoretically even go full retard traps, drop two perks and get Trap Expert and Quick Tinkering instead. Since the stat is tied to DEX I should be able to level it easily. One thing that I'm a little worried about - is 16 dex really needed in the end? I've checked the stat point cutoffs on wiki and it seems I should be getting nearly identical performance (in terms of bursts per turn) with 15 dex. Assuming that wiki is up to date.

I'd go with

STR 3
DEX 10
AGI 6
CON 3
PER 8
WIL 3
INT 7

I don't know why you want 7 AGI, 9 PER and 6 INT. You were just a bit over the feat those stat are aiming for. Namely 6 AGI for sprint and 7 INT for Gun Nut. Don't get 9 in DEX because you get a AP reduction every even level improvement on DEX, so by end game you will have 15 DEX, one short of having another AP reduction. You could settle for 14 DEX, but why not go all the way.

I personally got Guns, Throwing, Dodge, Evasion, Hacking, Lockpicking, Trapping, Mechanics. First. I stop Throwing very early because all I throw are Grenades. Hacking/Lock I stop at 130. From there I invest in more Electronics and Chemistry. I didn't get tailoring. Maybe that is good. But you will find that you rarely depend on armor.

Starting feats for me was Nimble and Expertise, but you can choose something else. Expertise didn't do much until later on in the game.

I recommend trapping like a lot. Is how you fend off hordes of Lunatics. Trap doorway, wait until someone get stuck. Use the turn to spray the people behind it. Get free burst because ty commando. Flashbang if shit goes awry. Rince repeat.

Anything less than 4 people just sprint rush them. You get to go first and they will never take a turn.

If you are keen on experimenting, you can technically lower PER to 6 because no feat require anything above 6 PER. Bump STR to 7 for full-auto and increase INT to 5 so you don't dump half your SP into crafting. This is not the path I choose, but it might work.

Last edited:

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

STR 3
DEX 9 (max out)
AGI 7
CON 3
PER 9
WIL 3
INT 6

If you're willing to forgo crafting a bit, 3-10-8-3-10-3-3, then put 2 more into agi to be ready for blitz at lvl 10. With an adrenal shot, you will have 90 AP worth of bursts with spec ops adjusted AP values..that's a lot of bullets.

Last edited:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
What's up with the extreme ease of the gang showdown?

If you're willing to forgo crafting a bit, 3-10-8-3-10-3-3, then put 2 more into agi to be ready for blitz at lvl 10. With an adrenal shot, you will have 90 AP worth of bursts with spec ops adjusted AP values..that's a lot of bullets.

That is incredibly balls-to-the-wall. :mrpresident:

Or fuck it. 3-10-10-3-8-3-3. You don't need that much perception. Firing point-blank bursts.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter

STR 3
DEX 9 (max out)
AGI 7
CON 3
PER 9
WIL 3
INT 6

Is sprint blitz a thing?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

That is incredibly balls-to-the-wall. :mrpresident:

Or fuck it. 3-10-10-3-8-3-3. You don't need that much perception. Firing point-blank bursts.

Woops, predeleted post shown up there..still the gang showdown sucked.

Not a bad idea actually, then you'll have 12 dex by the time you have blitz. With a 7.67 SMG, that's 5 bursts on the first round, or eat an eel sandwich and get 5 with the K&H SMG.

Is sprint blitz a thing?

It is.

bati

Scholar
oneself : 7 agi is prerequisite for Interloper (which I'm not willing to give up) and Escape Artist. 6 INT is for Ballistics, Gun Nut isn't worth it for SMGs. 9 PER to squeeze out as much damage as possible. Now I guess I just need to find one extra point to put into DEX :negative:. I could also go with 14 DEX and 7 INT, get Skinner/Clothier/Gun Nut and generally have more spare points for crafting shenanigans.

LF_Incline : really cool idea but I'm not willing to drop crafting.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
oneself : 7 agi is prerequisite for Interloper (which I'm not willing to give up) and Escape Artist. 6 INT is for Ballistics, Gun Nut isn't worth it for SMGs. 9 PER to squeeze out as much damage as possible. Now I guess I just need to find one extra point to put into DEX :negative:. I could also go with 14 DEX and 7 INT, get Skinner/Clothier/Gun Nut and generally have more spare points for crafting shenanigans.

LF_Incline : really cool idea but I'm not willing to drop crafting.

You don't need to go Stealth for that build really. I didn't. I made sure I wear the most reflective shit possible.

But up to you. You can find 1 DEX if you stock up on eel sandwiches.

bati

Scholar
If I don't take stealth then I might as well continue playing my AR commando :D. I can't help it, I fucking love stealth in games that allow it. I think I'll go with 14 DEX / 7 INT because I realised I suddenly really want Clothier :bounce:.

On a somewhat unrelated note, how much faster is Classic compared to Oddity up to Rail Crossing, assuming you head there straight after Drill quest and Camp Hathor? On Oddity I usually hit lvl 12 when I dealt with the Faceless at RC. I'm looking to expedite things a bit since this will be my 5th character and the early levels can be a bit of a slog.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
It seems to me that Roxor usually pussies out at any hint of challenge or difficulty and then blames the game's systems. He had a meltdown on the LOX thread when he got killed by the cursed hounds. I think SITS gave him a good ass kicking too.

HAH! Are you fucking serious?

We should make a collection for anyone who can make him try Deepest Dark on stream. If he shitted the bed from vanilla then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84a0M3VFKg0

Something that has made bigger men than him ragequit should be... interesting...

:neveraskedforthis:

Link me. :D

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
yup i run away from every game with a modicum of challenge

thats why i never finished the road to arnika in wizardry 8

and its also why i never got to the old camp in gothic 1

not to mention ragequitting aod after starter vignette

but i like how im being accused of hating this game's systems when its one of the few things i said were ok

your fanboy tears are delicioso

Lord Andre

Arcane
I think the myth of Dart Roxor the edge lord may have overshadowed the actual person. People expect you to shit on the thing they like and attack preemtively...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom