Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon with Add-Ons
Arma II with Add-Ons
Company of Heroes + Add-ons
Worms Armageddon

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
My Steam sale purchases ain't over, but it's getting harder to find anything even worth an in-depth look.
I'm looking to get out of Steam, but that Foil Card drop puts a delay on that...I might actually end my Steam career on a bang and buy a copy of Thiaf for the hell of it.
I'm not sure why you would buy a bunch of games on Steam when you look to get out of Steam.

I can't use the money elsewhere, can I? (Unless there's a unlisted Steam page for booze and hookers that I don't know of.)

Sort of an aside, but one of the card drops I got from one of my purchases was a Foil Card.
I hope you meant a card drop from playing the game. Those from the purchase itself will go poof on Monday.

Correct, it's a drop from a game, not the sale itself.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Final tally:

Dustbowl
StarCrawlers
Battle Brothers

Not dissatisfied with that.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
e0ee20309f.jpg

Some kinda random purchases because I was really not finding anything worthile, that I'm willing to broaden my horizons. And shit.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bought nothing. Mostly due to there being so much shit on Steam that I can't be bothered anymore to look through all of it. And owning most of the stuff I'm interested in after years of sales and rather meagre discounts compared to other vendors.

Crichton

Prophet
I considered many things on my wishlist but given my backlog, the discounts were mostly insufficient even when the prices were reasonable. I ended up with Mordheim and Chaos Reborn. I considered but ultimately passed on Satellite Reign (too much RTwP lately) and Thea (presumably the Christmas Sale discount will be higher).

Mozg

Arcane
Bought Dishonored, the STALKER series - neither of which I imagine myself playing through for the foreseeable future - and a couple other things I can't even remember which bodes real well for my ever actually playing them

Deleted member 7219

Picked up DOOM, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (£3.24 sounded like a bargain, and I do want to play it at some point), Rome 2 DLC (play a lot of co-op), and NEKOPARA Vol. 0, 1 and 2.

NEKOPARA is hilarious in how absolutely demented it is. I haven't laughed this much at a game since South Park.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Got nothing in the end. None of these discounts were better than what you see during midweek/weekend promos.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Bought Hotline Miami 2, Planet Alkatraz, Dark Eye HD, Venetica, Drakensang+River of Time DLC

Gotta catch them all i guess...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom