Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPGs To Look Forward To In 2008/2009

Texas Red

Whiner
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Canned by EA in favor of Sonic RPG 2,KOTOR 3, Jade Empire 2, or an MMO version of any of these most likely.

Now that you mentioned it, I just love Biowhore's(that's right, a whore) pathetic attempt at conquering the Japanese market by developing some Sonic shit. Can you go ANY fucking lower? I hope those barbarians and their little children fetish in form of anime will ignore this Sonic game, favoring instead the crap produced in their own country, and the Europeans and Americans would say "fuck you, what is this shit, I thought you made serious games". Then their MMO project gets hammered by some Blizzard game and EA would have to pull the plug, sending Bioware employees to whore themselves on the streets as nature intended.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Canned by EA in favor of Sonic RPG 2,KOTOR 3, Jade Empire 2, or an MMO version of any of these most likely.

Now that you mentioned it, I just love Biowhore's(that's right, a whore) pathetic attempt at conquering the Japanese market by developing some Sonic shit. Can you go ANY fucking lower?
Pokemon RPG.

Keldorn

Scholar
-Grimoire !

-Age Of Decadence

-Eschalon (expansion for E1 or Book 2)

-Drakensang

-DragonAge

-Jagged Alliance 3

-King's Bounty

-The Broken Hourglass

-Dungeon Cleaners (English translation)

-Dhargul

-Dwarf Fortress

-New Dawn

-Birth of Shadows

-Hard to be a God (English translation)

-Mass Effect (PC port)

-Mysteries Of Westgate adventure pack (for NWN2)

-Keep On The Borderlands mod (for TOEE)

-Purgatorio mod (for NWN2)

aboyd

Liturgist
Re: ...

ricolikesrice said:
maybe another NWN2 expansion ? kind of doubt it though, it woulda been announced by now i guess
Actually, I think that's such a sure thing that it is assumed. No need to announce. It'll arrive in time for Christmas 2008, probably long before. They will want to beat the release of D&D 4.0, even if they beat it just by a week. Once 4.0 is out, I think any commercial D&D 3.5 release will suffer diminished sales.

Anyway, just to match what NWN 1 did, they must come out with another expansion to get the engine to handle up to level 40. Without that, they've neutered some high-level modders that could extend the game's shelf life.

aboyd

Liturgist
The Walkin' Dude said:
I just love Biowhore's(that's right, a whore) pathetic attempt at conquering the Japanese market by developing some Sonic shit. Can you go ANY fucking lower? I hope those barbarians and their little children fetish in form of anime will ignore this Sonic game, favoring instead the crap produced in their own country, and the Europeans and Americans would say "fuck you, what is this shit, I thought you made serious games".
You know, here's the thing. I don't know why we are upset with this. Bioware has been faulted for some faux-RPG games recently -- the whole choice & consequence illusion thing -- and they seem to be going more & more toward the teenybopper mindset where everything is "epic" and dramatic and there are lots of elves or at least hot aliens with huge breasts and unrealistic armor. And since that's the kind of thing the Codex generally jeers at, shouldn't we be OK with them just admitting their true colors? Let them make Sonic games for 10 year-olds. My son will love it, and I'll have a clear impression of who Bioware is. That sounds much better than murky waters where I'm tricked into thinking their games are for grown-ups.

Besides, we have a whole range of new developers who are promising. Let's put our energy into them. They seem to be interested in our market demographic. Jowood, Basilisk Games, Iron Tower Studios, CD Projekt, maybe even Obsidian if MotB is any indication of the future.

Isn't it time to remove the burden of high expectations from Bioware and allow them to be as mediocre and rich as they wish? Let's put our expectations onto other companies who seem to actually want to earn our attention.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Purity.jpg

AdrianWerner

Novice
I'm happy about sim and adventure genres in 2008.
For RPGs Age of decadence, Brokenhourglass and Drakensang will be enough.
And I do hve good feelings about JA3, altough I never considered the series to be RPGs

And maybe Seeker will be released, I mean...if Duke can, so can Seeker :D

Keldorn

Scholar
If they build a CRPG realm which goes above and beyond dumbed-down mainstream garbage for the masses, I will be reasonably optimistic.

This thread, is dedicated to the makers of Planescape:Torment, Arcanum, Fallout 1 & 2 and Baldur's Gate 2... not to mention the 100's of great CRPGs from the DOS era. Oh yeah, modmakers too.... those tireless unsung heroes.

Keldorn

Scholar
Every game which appears to be a substitute for Baldur's Gate 3 is.....

...A MIRAGE !

Warden

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
Now that you mentioned it, I just love Biowhore's(that's right, a whore) pathetic attempt at conquering the Japanese market by developing some Sonic shit. Can you go ANY fucking lower? I hope those barbarians and their little children fetish in form of anime will ignore this Sonic game, favoring instead the crap produced in their own country, and the Europeans and Americans would say "fuck you, what is this shit, I thought you made serious games". Then their MMO project gets hammered by some Blizzard game and EA would have to pull the plug, sending Bioware employees to whore themselves on the streets as nature intended.

Yay!
:)
Lets hope EA will give a nice christmas present to the world and once and for all close the doors of that fascistic company.

Keldorn

Scholar
Why can't you simply be neutral about BiowEAre and DragonAge (IOW, the evidence isn't in yet) ?

Why the obsessive Bioware-Bashing ?

Are you a Gaider-Hater ?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Did VD state AoD was coming out this year?

I will be buying:

mASS Effect
Witcher Enhanced Edition
Maybe... Mysteries of Westgate

And REALLY looking forward to Purgatoro.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Jaesun said:
Did VD state AoD was coming out this year?
"It's hard to say when the game will be released. The important thing is it's playable and all the content is done. Right now we are going over everything and improving what needs to be improved. We'll take as long as we need and will release only a polished, well designed game." (Ref)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom