Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Astral Rag

Arcane
p6znkGX.png

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
"MOTHER FUCKER", overexcessive use of Properties, generally it looks like something that could have been done much better without XML.
You normally would see how this shrinks when you 7z it, it is about 95% redundancy, and if that is the point of XML, not any more readable.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
"MOTHER FUCKER", overexcessive use of Properties, generally it looks like something that could have been done much better without XML.
You normally would see how this shrinks when you 7z it, it is about 95% redundancy, and if that is the point of XML, not any more readable.

That's probably generated by some tool, I shudder at the thought of anyone writing XML like that by hand.

i played this some more (for scientific purposes) and came to the realization that it is gamified depression: it's repetitive to nausea, there's nothing to do and inspires you to do nothing, you are fully aware you shouldn't sit there anymore but it's familiar enough to keep you still.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
But I already wrote a long time ago, it could replace water boarding. The prisoner is forced to play NMS to get his daily reward (food), and will gradually go insane over the sheer pointlessness of it.

It could however be put to good use for humanity, for healing people from gaming addiction.

"milestone accomplished". because every player in the world loves to be taken control away for several seconds every few minutes without any reason.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Thane Solus

Arcane
"Hey, do you see us?"

"No, my render distance is really short"

"We're in row 128"

"What the fuck? 128? I'm already like 800 rows up, you mean I have to go back down and count each row?"

"Hold on. We'll go find you -- which side of the theater are you on?"

"How can I tell? There's no compass!"

"Jesus fucking christ."

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
2z3JtQ3.jpg

Not only has the game suffered from an abnormally high rate of GameStop trade-ins, but it has devastated the reputation of Lead Designer Sean Murray, previously known for his outstanding work on the Burnout series.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manif...sers-with-more-than-2-hours-of-playtime-37449
https://m.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4zslu6/psa_steam_is_refunding_no_mans_sky_even_if_you/
This is Arkham City levels of bad except that at least had shitty port job to blame.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Reading some more apparently it's kind of spotty. Steam's refund system is discretionary. The two hours/two weeks (or whatever it is) isn't a hard and fast rule and exceptions are often made. I'd be surprised if many people who had like 60+ hours are getting refunds.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

This is hardly uncommon for AAA games and the attention span of nu-gamers who move from 'big thing' to 'big thing.' Hell, the article even cites games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 dropping over 70% and those were huge commercial successes.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

This is hardly uncommon for AAA games and the attention span of nu-gamers who move from 'big thing' to 'big thing.' Hell, the article even cites games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 dropping over 70% and those were huge commercial successes.
I think it's a different case with a game like this THAT NEVER ENDS WOW and SP games that you just finish the campaign and move on.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
For the record I'll still buy it at $10. It's an neat concept for an indie game but not a $60 AAA disaster.

Renegen

Arcane
For the record I'll still buy it at $10. It's an neat concept for an indie game but not a $60 AAA disaster.
People have gotten bored within 10 hours.

Maybe if Sean works his ass off for 2 years it will be worth $10, but then he would need talent of which he has none.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom