Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Mortmal

Arcane
Did my survey. I better start planning my characters now.
Same thats a very large party, LOT of theory crafting possible. Probably will spend one hour in the character creator alone, long t time since that happened in a game.

Mortmal

Arcane
Surely you mean an hour per character, right?
I am a very experienced DM, one hour for a party is plenty enough.It's still D20 , heavily homebrewed of course, but it's known territory to me.
Now here i am refreshing the mail box hitting repeatidly F5...

AdolfSatan

Arcane
So, what parties are you planning? I think I might go with:

CLERIC guardian half giant

PALADIN whatever (someone's gotta tank and after seeing how useless the warrior became in late game for kotc1 I'd rather have someone who can cast stuff too)

PSION stygian human

WIZARD (+raven familiar/moon of meril for xxxtra SICK enchantment bonus) stygian human

BARB/MONK wind mantis but also tempted to do:
SORCERER stone mantis (extra armour bonus will make life easier) with moon of juron for extra arms at level 15. Early game will be extra hard probably tho

Not sure what to do with the sixth.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Fighter is awesome in KOTC2 IMHO.

My party:
Lightning drake fighter
Dwarf Cleric
Kobold Rogue
Mantis Druid
Elf Wizard
Human Death knight

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2882290

Update #32: KotC 2 Kickstarter Campaign Successfully Completed With 253% Funding!! Thank You!!

Hello everyone!! :)

What an incredible campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2!! ^^

368e2759690eea732daa1b54b5efb981_original.png

Following a strong finish, the campaign raised 253% of its base goal. Thank you so much everyone for taking part in the campaign and for all your valiant and steadfast efforts in spreading the word to the four corners of the earth until the very last minute!!

Including pledges through Paypal and the RPG Codex fundraiser, we've raised a total of GBP 40,290, equivalent to USD 50,222.

Naturally, this allows us to reach the campaign's Fifth Stretch Goal! This means that the game will have a new Icon-Based Combat Actions Menu. In addition, the Sentient Sword Companion Kutrang will be added to the upcoming KotC 2 Adventure Modules!!

Puzzle Challenge: We Have A Winner!!
Guy Iluz, aka rpgguy, is the Grand Winner of the Kickstarter Puzzle Challenge!! He solved the last puzzle in record time and all of his answers were correct. So far, he's the only one to have found the complete solution! Congratulations Guy!! Thank you so much for the awesome support!!

Feel free to try solving the puzzles and send me the solution at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

The first two persons who send me the correct solution will be added to the Credits Screen of KotC 2 as Puzzle Challenge Winners. In any case, I will publish all of the solutions on the Facebook page in a week or so.

Direct Downloads of Knights of the Chalice 2!!
Yes!! I know you're waiting patiently for this one thing!! The KotC 2 Direct Download!! :D

Never fear! I will send out emails containing download details very soon! I just have to collect the emails from the Kickstarter, check payments, and do a small coding tweak on my website so that both the Windows and Mac OS versions will be made available to you.

A bit earlier, I sent out the Backer Survey to all of the KotC 2 backers. Please complete the survey if you haven't already done so, so that I will be able to send the download details to your email address.

Once you've started playing, please feel free to post bug reports and suggestions in this forum. If you're interested in using the editor to create new adventures, you can talk about this in this forum. Of course, you're also welcome to join the Discord server using the Discord Invite Link and discuss there.

That's it for today's update! Please be patient a bit longer, while I take care of the remaining things that I need to do before I can send out your download details!

Thank You Again, Intrepid Knights of the Kingdom!! ^^

Mortmal

Arcane

My party:
Lightning drake fighter
Dwarf Cleric
Kobold Rogue
Mantis Druid
Elf Wizard
Human Death knight
Hmm i'd rather use the mantis as fighter, or even better rogue since it strike with 4 light weapons , 4X backstab maybe ? Does the mantis druid wildhsape and keep her 4 attacks however ?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

My party:
Lightning drake fighter
Dwarf Cleric
Kobold Rogue
Mantis Druid
Elf Wizard
Human Death knight
Hmm i'd rather use the mantis as fighter, or even better rogue since it strike with 4 light weapons , 4X backstab maybe ? Does the mantis druid wildhsape and keep her 4 attacks however ?

Druid can't wild shape and doesnt have animal companion in KOTC2

Mortmal

Arcane

My party:
Lightning drake fighter
Dwarf Cleric
Kobold Rogue
Mantis Druid
Elf Wizard
Human Death knight

Druid can't wild shape and doesnt have animal companion in KOTC2
yes i've just read it, so to use fully the mantis the best seems to be rogue and monk. I think i'll add to those two an elf female bishop(undeath and abberation domain), there's a lot of sexism in kotc 2 male and female have different stats, and i see only female elf can reach 20 charisma. Then a generalist wizard or spec in conjuration for utilities , cant go wrong with that, maybe a summoner or necromancer if they are available.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
4X backstab maybe ?
Seems a bit overkill for regular enemies and since there's this:
Sneak Attack: Extra damage dealt in melee to an enemy who has lost his dexterity bonus to AC, or is being flanked. This ability only works if the enemy is not immune to critical hits.
it won't work against the most OP.

Took a closer look at it and indeed it seems more viable than kotc1 warrior, perhaps I'll use it as an excuse to have an elf for its detect secret abilities.

Might switch the paladin for a champion and make it a halfling too.

Noddy

Augur
Literally had my party saved to a .txt for at least a year.

Drake Fighter
Fighters get the wade in feat turning a Full attack into a standard action.
There's a feat to turn Drake breath into a move action.
There's also a shit load more breath feats and figters get a shit load feats.
Seems pretty good.
Gonna dual wield skewering picks eventually.

Mul Samurai
Just want to play around with vorpal scythes and sams get +crit.
Don't think it should be hard to get to 6x crit with a scythe which means vorpal should be going off for 360 damage.
Complete overkill but should be fun.

Mantis Storm Warrior
Want some extra damage per hit to combo with mantis extra attacks so rouge/death knight/SW/MK seems like the obvious picks.
Went with the SW cos i'm a bit worried my divine caster is going to get gibbed every fight.
Gonna call her 'Da Carpenter' and give her 4 light hammers.

Sylvan F Bard
Free action buffs seem cool but mostly taking to see how the skills work.
Probably poking at people with a reach weapon.

Stygian Red Wizard
Fireball spammed my way through KOTC so gotta try again in the sequal.
Human to play around with all the extra wizard feats. The evoc ones look nutty too.
Honestly seems pretty retard good post transformation.

Halfling F Psychic Healer
Should probably be a sorc but i want all the spells in a first run.
Insanely multi attribute dependent so halfling seems good.
Also get's +ac which is nice cos she's gonna get bullied.
At least the wizard gets SR. She's just gonna get her tiny holes tentacled.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yes i've just read it, so to use fully the mantis the best seems to be rogue and monk.

Want some extra damage per hit to combo with mantis extra attacks so rouge/death knight/SW/MK seems like the obvious picks.

I think painted (+2 Str) or stone (+1 natural AC) mantis Gladiator could be interesting. Since the mantis can't wear armor, the AC bonus for no armor would be nice. Gladiator also gets a feat to let the mantis equip bigger weapons.

Armour Mastery: Gladiators benefit from special Armour Class bonuses. When wearing heavy armour, the AC bonus is equal to +1. When wearing medium armour, the AC bonus is equal to +2. When wearing light armour or no armour, the AC bonus is equal to +4 at level 1, +5 from level 4, +6 from level 8, +7 from level 12, +8 from level 16 and +9 from level 20.

Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting: You can dual wield two-handed weapons or use them with a shield. In this case, attacks made with a two-handed weapon suffer a -2 penalty to the attack roll. A Mantis can use the feat to wield two two-handed weapons at -2, or four one-handed weapons at -2, or four two-handed weapons at -4. Requires: Superior Two-Weapon Fighting, BAB 6.

Get some extra damage for those many weapons.

Combined Fighting Style I: When wielding weapons from different weapon groups, you gain a +1 bonus to melee attack rolls and melee damage rolls.

Combined Fighting Style II: When wielding weapons from different weapon groups, you gain another +1 bonus to melee attack rolls and melee damage rolls. Requires: Combined Fighting Style I, Level 9.

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Mantis Storm Warrior
Went with the SW cos i'm a bit worried my divine caster is going to get gibbed every fight.
Gonna call her 'Da Carpenter' and give her 4 light hammers.
I was looking at the Storm Warrior, but I wonder how easy it will be to get/craft shock weapons, since crafting is more limited in KotC2 compared to the first one, since it requires fancy diamonds.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm realising that just by adding class options to this game KOTC2 will take at least 4x as long to play through as KOTC

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Looks like it won't happen today.

HeroicFantasyGames.Com
The update is done now, so the way is clear for working on the emails!! But it's late here now and I feel really super tired, so I will start working on them tomorrow. Cheers! :)

Good night everyone!

Mortmal

Arcane
yes i've just read it, so to use fully the mantis the best seems to be rogue and monk.

I think painted (+2 Str) or stone (+1 natural AC) mantis Gladiator could be interesting. Since the mantis can't wear armor, the AC bonus for no armor would be nice. Gladiator also gets a feat to let the mantis equip bigger weapons.

Armour Mastery: Gladiators benefit from special Armour Class bonuses. When wearing heavy armour, the AC bonus is equal to +1. When wearing medium armour, the AC bonus is equal to +2. When wearing light armour or no armour, the AC bonus is equal to +4 at level 1, +5 from level 4, +6 from level 8, +7 from level 12, +8 from level 16 and +9 from level 20.

Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting: You can dual wield two-handed weapons or use them with a shield. In this case, attacks made with a two-handed weapon suffer a -2 penalty to the attack roll. A Mantis can use the feat to wield two two-handed weapons at -2, or four one-handed weapons at -2, or four two-handed weapons at -4. Requires: Superior Two-Weapon Fighting, BAB 6.

Get some extra damage for those many weapons.

Combined Fighting Style I: When wielding weapons from different weapon groups, you gain a +1 bonus to melee attack rolls and melee damage rolls.

Combined Fighting Style II: When wielding weapons from different weapon groups, you gain another +1 bonus to melee attack rolls and melee damage rolls. Requires: Combined Fighting Style I, Level 9.
Seems mantis is mandatory for melee, SW monk rogue, gladiator, i dont see any reason to pick any other races, stone seems best . So sneak attack wont work on immune to crit, still that will be an excellent minion cleaner. For mage type obviously stygian human.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Mantis can't wear armor, that's a big minus, also they have low int so that's a problem for rogues, I prefer kobold rogue for the ability to wear armor and the extra spell power, you only lose 1 extra attack.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Rogues cast spells now?

in 3.5 rogues are pretty useless against creatures immune to sneak attack/critical hits like all undead/elementals/plants/oozes etc. in pathfinder they fixed it by letting them sneak attack almost everything. Pierre's solution is to give rogues magic.
You will find many differences in KOTC2 classes compared to 3.5, they all got big buffs, some got some feature removed. ( This shouldn't come as a huge surprise if you played KOTC1, where for example your Clerics and Wizards casted spells without memorizing them )

Last edited:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Seems mantis is mandatory for melee, SW monk rogue, gladiator, i dont see any reason to pick any other races, stone seems best . So sneak attack wont work on immune to crit, still that will be an excellent minion cleaner. For mage type obviously stygian human.
I like the idea of having a mantis gladiator who's not focused on a single weapon group who uses ALL the random weapons I pick up.

The stygian human was my choice for Psionicist. There's so many good feats that getting four of them at level one is nice.

I've only narrowed down those two. Maybe a stillfinger (+1 ranged attack rolls) halfing ranger, but bows automatically add strength to your damage rolls, so maybe not. It's so many choices.

Mortmal

Arcane
Mantis can't wear armor, that's a big minus, also they have low int so that's a problem for rogues, I prefer kobold rogue for the ability to wear armor and the extra spell power, you only lose 1 extra attack.
yes i forgot the spellcasting part of the rogue in kotc 2 so kobold probably better for that however a mantis wield 4 weapons those are upgradable there's even a pic with +3 shortsword, the kobold bite will never upgrade. Mantis int is still 6-14 not a huge disadvantage, rogue doesnt get many spells anyway . Going for Mantis gladiator ,mantis rogue , mantis monk , Stygian wizard, elf bishop and elf psi healer. I need to max cha on bishop for the turns and domain summon. On psi healer i guess pretty any race with balanced stat works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom