Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs

https://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Features.htm

https://af.gog.com/game/knights_of_the_chalice_2?as=1649904300

This is the comments thread for Knights of the Chalice 2.

I totally inserted KotC 2 into the Game DB.
Pierre Begue said:
Here's an update:
- done designing the spell lists,
- done the character-class illustrations,
- done formatting the web pages for races, equipment, weapon groups, spell schools, Barbarian, Bard, Death Knight, Monk, Paladin.
- still have to do the formatting for Ranger, Cleric, Druid, Psionicist, Psychic Warrior, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard (a heck of a lot of work for someone who's not working on it full time)

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forum ... 2896#p2894

Last edited by a moderator:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Meh, he just had to include all of those psionic classes... For me they feel more like SCi-Fi setting than fantasy, yes I know there is dark Sun but still I hate mixing my mages with psionists, especially since both do the same.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Malakal said:
Meh, he just had to include all of those psionic classes...
You mean all 2 of them...?

Malakal said:
For me they feel more like SCi-Fi setting than fantasy, yes I know there is dark Sun but still I hate mixing my mages with psionists, especially since both do the same.
And who prevents you from not mixing mages with psionicists?

Also, Death Knights:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Death_Knig ... e_Class%29

Dyskolos

Cipher
I got excited but then realized I'd seen this all a few days ago on his forums. Still, the more coverage this gets here the better, especially as the dark days of DA2 approach.

catfood

AGAIN
Nice to see so many new classes available for play. KOTC was good but it was sorely missing in the diversity department. Does anyone know if a release is planned this year? I couldn't find anything on their forums.

Also:

The Codex said:
DA2>KOTC2 R00fles!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Still a damn shame he can only do this part time. It'd be nice to have it at the end of this year but I'm not expecting it.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
200px-Soth.gif

Dunno about Death Knights as PCs :M

Mortmal

Arcane
yeah and read up to see who asked him for an update...Sad he's working part time on it, guess hes not making a fortune with kotc.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mortmal said:
Sad he's working part time on it, guess hes not making a fortune with kotc.

I'm happy enough that he made enough that he felt making a sequel is worthwhile at all. It'd have been great if he'd have been able to focus on it full-time, but the market's not exactly flooded with upcoming titles that are recognizable as RPGs these days, nevermind decent/good turn based ones.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
commie said:
Will there actually be a game to go with the combat this time?

I know this is troll post, but I'm wondering, would you actually care about story written by a random guy with a computer science degree who has a passion for dungeons and dragons? Just let this be an autistic stat fest, please, or we'll get derpy shit like Eschalon 2 again

desocupado

Magister
That Death Knight thing seems overpowered as hell.

He probably will modify it though, since in the first game, it wasn't exactly d&d3.5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom