Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

These kids today and their top-ten lists...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This list is bizarro land, looks mishmashed by someone who doesn't know what he's talking about

Ah, now beating is the question. Most people aren't going to remember what they've beat and what they haven't. Unless you're someone like the CRPGAddict or Octavius you aren't going to remember how many you've beat. But...I'm pretty sure most people around here have touched way more than 30 RPGs. I'd be surprised if there were more than a few who didn't break triple digits.
Of course that said, someone making a top ten list should have beat more than 30, they're claiming these are the best. Something I'm not seeing some random person here doing. The Welshman's list is fine for someone who never played many cRPGs growing up. Its very light on actual content though, which is more of a problem than most of his choices.

My point is...when people vote in polls or make "top best" lists, they'll obviously choose what they've played. So when you see things like:

The Witcher 3 #15
Ultima 7 #30

doesn't necessarily means that: The Witcher 3 >>> Ultima 7. Only means that The Witcher 3 is more popular than UT7. How many people who have voted for The Witcher 3 actually played Ultima 7 ? you also have to take into consideration personal preference, which varies from person to person.

So in the end the only thing that matters is personal preference.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
My point is...when people vote in polls or make "top best" lists, they'll obviously choose what they've played. So when you see things like:

The Witcher 3 #15
Ultima 7 #30

doesn't necessarily means that: The Witcher 3 >>> Ultima 7. Only means that The Witcher 3 is more popular than UT7. How many people who have voted for The Witcher 3 actually played Ultima 7 ? you also have to take into consideration personal preference, which varies from person to person.

So in the end the only thing that matters is personal preference.
That's why it helps to foster a culture of ruthless exclusion.

Pentium

Learned
Who gives a piss about joke journalists' lists? These "lists articles/videos" in media are just clickbaits to feed you more commercials or some deseprate activity of pathetic scribblers to increase traffic or some that just needs to be shown anyway. You don't take today's (not only) gaming media seriously, do you? Now there ARE list that are somewhat relevant, but for the most part making a "best of all time" list is as if you wanted to tell the whole world the best kinds of food you discovered based on what you had in your frige at the moment.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Thanks for bumping! I missed this previously and I really enjoy top whatever lists. This one is a treat with how retarded it is, it was already at least 8/10 after firs nine places, but seeing KOTOR at the top bumped it to solid 9.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Wait a moment. No Pokemon? How is it poss...? Ah , ok, i missed the western part. So, there are 10 western RPGs that are turn based. Incredible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom