Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Barbarian

Arcane
Eager to make a northern raider playthrough and bring the fire of the old gods to the newly added sandnegroes. Complete with monk bannerman and all.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Actually it will be probably possible to reverse engineering south cities and made north snownegros cities. Maybe.

Harthwain

Magister
I am surprised that cities in the South don't look any bigger than any city in the North. I expected them to be twice or three times as big, with a huge wall encompassing it all, some military outposts here and there and some kind of by-the-river/oasis-like outlying farmlands.

Harthwain

Magister
The map itself is going to be bigger by the looks of it:

ss_d45d81e4d985362155c1d66609d6db5fc5948ad5.1920x1080.jpg
The issue isn't the map as such. The issue is that with just three cities the South won't have nearly enough stuff to do compared to the North, where you have the villages and the castles as separate locations, on top of the cities.

Unless you will get double the amount of contracts in each of the city-states as you get in the regular locations.

Personally I feel they should consider giving 5-6 cities to the South, not 3.

Barbarian

Arcane
They probably coded 3 houses for some of the "Holy War" mechanics. I'm personally fine with it, after all the western part of the map also has 3 noble houses.

Honestly I still think they shouldn't have deviated from the european aspect of the setting, but I'm glad they are still working on the game and the dlc looks like solid fun.

Won't mind if in the future they do another expansion, regardless if it is steppe cultures/chinese/kangz or whatever.

Fargus

Arcane
I especially loved the arena in their video and it seems like an easier way to grind some money, this game is a like wage slave simulator later on.

Would love to play as three gladiators. My cock rages on for this expansion.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The adventure continues:

http://battlebrothersgame.com/blazing-deserts-preview-part-ii/

BLAZING DESERTS PREVIEW, PART II

Welcome to the second part of our preview video series on the upcoming ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC. We continue with a look at the new retinue feature and the ‘Manhunters’ origin, and fight a few nomads at one of their desert camps. If you missed the first part of our preview series, you can find it here.

The ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC will release on August 13th for the price of $14,99 or your regional equivalent. You can already wishlist it on Steam right here land on GOG here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Meh overall.
New origins looks fun. Also look like you can extra origins without need of replacing new ones.
Retainers - fine idea - but looks like most bonuses would be pretty meh. Still nice to have and hopefully easy to mod it.
4KmNdBd.jpg
Hope we get some extra UI/QoL improvement from Boyski mods but well its not gonna happen.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
I wonder whether you can capture elite units when playing as manhunters? Imagine getting a barbarian king, robber baron and a hedge knight this way. And then they walk into a tavern... But that's another story.

Murk

Arcane
"Everyone can earn salvation by working off their debt"

:shredder:

I wish I could take undead and orc slaves =(

Barbarian

Arcane
Lol they cucked out and changed "slavers" to "manhunters".

Unnecessary and to be frank quite disappointing. I understand that they do live in Germoney though.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
These people are trying to make a living making cool fantasy RPGs not get involved in your autistic culture war. Get a grip, you politics obsessed incel

Reinhardt

Arcane
I wonder whether you can capture elite units when playing as manhunters? Imagine getting a barbarian king, robber baron and a hedge knight this way. And then they walk into a tavern... But that's another story.
1. Capture barbarian beast tamer.
2. Capture unhold with your barbarian beast tamer.
3. ?
4. Profit!

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Manhunter orgin
To be honest that make a lot more senses.
Having armed slaves around is not smart idea unless you make them content. Debt slavery and debt service is other thing.
Anyway the mechanics behind it look really nice.
>debt slaves limited to 7 levels
>16 units
>whipping increase stats
>taking recruits when defeat human enemies
Probably it would be possible to make similar Northern Barbarians origin with Thralls and Barbarians etc. Or Raider origin.
Limiting levels also is interesting.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
there already is slavery in the game

the wage slavery of your regular bros

do you really think its not peak cuckoldry to be one of your bros who gets like 20 coins a day or some shit risking your life fighting all the time while the company master is like sitting at 50K gold and is literally immortal and at no risk of being killed

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Mercenary face when:
>no bonus for battles
>no bonus for kills
>grain only
>try to quit the company but player save scum event

Fargus

Arcane
there already is slavery in the game

the wage slavery of your regular bros

do you really think its not peak cuckoldry to be one of your bros who gets like 20 coins a day or some shit risking your life fighting all the time while the company master is like sitting at 50K gold and is literally immortal and at no risk of being killed

You mean the 50k your captain would spend on salary, provisions, gear, drinks and whores for the company, training, covering loses and completing various retarded goals like new cart or flashy battle standart? And in the end he might just end his days as a crippled beggar on the streets.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
You mean the 50k your captain would spend on salary, provisions, gear, drinks and whores for the company, training, covering loses and completing various retarded goals like new cart or flashy battle standart? And in the end he might just end his days as a crippled beggar on the streets.
More like sit on all the gold on the chance that a good famed item appears.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
btw can anyone pls send me a gift code for the dlc once its out im pretty broke atm

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom