Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

just

Liturgist
what if theres some problem with dick physics and they decide last minute to cut the dicks out of the game
that would be a bummer

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's a shame that there won't be a ps5 version at the console launch, the PS4 game will play on the new version of course but it won't be enhanced in any way, that is for a future patch.

Latelistener

Arcane
Increasing resolution and other things for PS5 probably won't require much playtesting so it won't take a long time to release a patch if they'll decide to make one.

Silverfish

Arbiter
NSFW, depending on where you work:

7ih5pku6kkd51.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Don't do that, current PC component prices are terrible. Wait until next-gen consoles have nuked component prices to the ground first.

Not the best time to buy PC parts, that's for sure. I'd wait until I had them before playing a game like this though.

Duralux for Durabux

First person shooter + rpg = sales
CD projekt Red = sales because " Witcher 3 10/10 250+ rewards 94 metacritic you can fuck yennefer and shit ".
But the game will be complete dogshit and here it will praised at the renaissance of RPG just because instead of having 1 shitty lines of dialogue for every quest like in every other games, it will have 3 shitty lines of dialogue(don't you know Witcher 3 is sooooooooooooo well written).

Last edited by a moderator:

eilef

Educated
But the game will be complete dogshit and here it will praised at the renaissance of RPG just because instead of having 1 shitty line of dialogue for every quest like in every other games, it will have 3 shitty line of dialogue (don't you know Witcher 3 is sooooooooooooo well written).

I doubt this game will be praised here. I doubt any game will be praised as a "renaissance of RPG" here :hahano:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
But the game will be complete dogshit

Might well be.

Gameplay in Witcher 3 (character systems, progression, the general minute to minute experience) was mindnumbingly boring drudgery (I dare say even Skyrim had that part better inspite all of its jank) and I’m not quite convinced CDPR has the right set of mind to get it ”right” with Cyberpunk either.

Perkel

Arcane
Darkness 2 is borefest. Cartooney-balooney borefest. Switching to family-friendly cartoonish style was a mistake, fatalities are not as impressive. That tentacle is a promosing biomod, though.

Darkness 1 wasn't great either. Your minions and two additional hands were fun for maybe 3-4 hours and then it become repetitive as hell. Finished it though.

I feel like most of praise comes from Darkness comix fandom rather than players themselves. They just got first game based on it and they were happy.

I am surprised it was not ported to pc.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I doubt this game will be praised here. I doubt any game will be praised as a "renaissance of RPG" here :hahano:

Witcher 3 was an Assassin's Creed map marker hunt game with a better story and got praised out the ass on here, and is our 15th best RPG of all time apparently. Don't assume the try-hards who like to bitch and whine before release encapsulate the entire Codex reaction.

Zer0wing

Cipher
First person shooter + rpg = sales
How well VTM:B and System Shock 2 have sold? These are the last fps + actual rpgs, aside from FNV and Deus Ex that actually sold gorillion copies, even the weakest titles.
Darkness 1 wasn't great either. Your minions and two additional hands were fun for maybe 3-4 hours and then it become repetitive as hell. Finished it though.
At the very least The Darkness itself was portrayed how it should be - fucking scary and threatening. D2 dev team took the comics meme way to literally by making it a comic-book sidekick.
I feel like most of praise comes from Darkness comix fandom rather than players themselves. They just got first game based on it and they were happy.
Not true in my case though, the comics were utter edgy shit with horrible writing before The Darkness 1 came out. After that game, comics quality went up.
I am surprised it was not ported to pc.
It was a poor year for PC, piracy still was a boogeyman and Sony with Microsoft needed console-exclusive titles.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
But the game will be complete dogshit

Might well be.

Gameplay in Witcher 3 (character systems, progression, the general minute to minute experience) was mindnumbingly boring drudgery (I dare say even Skyrim had that part better inspite all of its jank) and I’m not quite convinced CDPR has the right set of mind to get it ”right” with Cyberpunk either.
But on the other hand, redhead with big tits

Zer0wing

Cipher
I’m not quite convinced CDPR has the right set of mind to get it ”right” with Cyberpunk either.
They try to roll into the "right" on artists/3d artists' backs. CDPR tries to match the pictures from CP2020 rulebook and supplements in 2077 so much so they splite and dedicate entire art teams to draw crap like ingame brands. This is obvious bait to cover up the complete antithesis of gameplay in their game versus the CP2020 ruleset.

Perkel

Arcane
and I’m not quite convinced CDPR has the right set of mind to get it ”right” with Cyberpunk either.

They are nerd enough about it to get CB right. If this will be mechanically fun to play is entirely other question. I expect it to be next TW3. Everything great but combat loot meh.

They should hire W3EE guys to work on whatever crap they will roll out to refine it. TW3 base mechanics were all there they just needed proper balance, tuning and slight rework to make out of it something good (but not amazing) like W3EE guys did.

Zer0wing

Cipher
They should hire W3EE guys to work on whatever crap they will roll out to refine it. TW3 base mechanics were all there they just needed proper balance, tuning and slight rework to make out of it something good (but not amazing) like W3EE guys did.
CDPR are big boys, they know what's wrong with their games. It's evident by mods made by (former) individuals that worked in CDPR before. They just don't want to fix shit because it's time and money consuming, and a corporation will fight for every saved penny. To redirect the another million of zloty from budget to respectable people of course. There are no respectable people among their game designers, apparently.

Nepotism it's called.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom