Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favorite fantasy RPG class?

My favorite class is...

• Barbarian

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Bard

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Cleric

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Druid

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • Fighter

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Monk

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Paladin

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • Ranger

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Rogue

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • Sorceror

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Warlock

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • My favorite class isn't listed (post)

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • I don't really have a favorite class

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I don't actually like fantasy RPGs very much

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Fighter because I want to wack shit and wear kewl armor

Not bard because they easily aquire GF?
Indeed:

naxho2.jpg

Illustration from The Complete Bard's Handbook, probably by Glen Orbik

I WANT TO FUCK HER.
"Anyway, here's Wonderwall."

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Fighter because I want to wack shit and wear kewl armor

Not bard because they easily aquire GF?
Indeed:

naxho2.jpg

Illustration from The Complete Bard's Handbook, probably by Glen Orbik

I WANT TO FUCK HER.
No chance, sorry. As soon as you approach any woman, she'll scream and try to crush you.

Your best bet is stalking her from the dark corner where you spun your web.

ArisatoSeldom

Novice
1. Cleric (Crusader).
2. Fighter.
Basically anything that can wield heavy armor, swords and shield because of muh LARP (duh).
Prefer bruiser and support roles, but not a fan of paladin. Lawful good is not something I can stomach. I prefer Deus Vult people for myself, not for "greater good".

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Poseidon00

Arcane
Imaging wanting to be a sex-having hell-going bard rather than a celibate monk. Couldn't be me.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
so here's a higher-quality scan of Orbik
Any others?
Other D&D/AD&D artwork by Glen Orbik? As far as I know, just the two I already posted in this thread, plus this one of a knight jousting (appeared in PHBR12 The Complete Paladin's Handbook):

607926613b6a873d3fe2c56fedafd1ce--fantasy-male-high-fantasy.jpg

Although that image from PHBR7 The Complete Bard's Handbook is actually just a portion of a much larger picture previously used as the cover for, of all things, a trivia game:

image.php

Fantasy postulates the existence of magic. If you love fantasy, then why would you not be a mage? That's the core of the whole thing. If you want to be a fighter, you can just join an MMA club and be a fighter here and now. What you can't do is cast spells.

wizards are gay and promote faggotry, kill them on sight.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
so here's a higher-quality scan of Orbik
Any others?
Other D&D/AD&D artwork by Glen Orbik? As far as I know, just the two I already posted in this thread, plus this one of a knight jousting (appeared in PHBR12 The Complete Paladin's Handbook):

607926613b6a873d3fe2c56fedafd1ce--fantasy-male-high-fantasy.jpg

Although that image from PHBR7 The Complete Bard's Handbook is actually just a portion of a much larger picture previously used as the cover for, of all things, a trivia game:

image.php

The man knows his way around a perfectly proportioned rack.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
PS: The one thing i never liked about Skyrim was that i couldn't play the druid archetype they way i wanted cause summons were elemental/arcane or necromantic/demonic instead of nature based. Well, i could use mods, but vanilla didn't accomondate me and that was a shame.

PS: The one thing i never liked about Skyrim was that i couldn't play the druid archetype they way i wanted

PS: The one thing i never liked about Skyrim

one thing

:whatho:

Why have a
bethestard.png
flag when you can just ban people?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PS: The one thing i never liked about Skyrim was that i couldn't play the druid archetype they way i wanted cause summons were elemental/arcane or necromantic/demonic instead of nature based. Well, i could use mods, but vanilla didn't accomondate me and that was a shame.

PS: The one thing i never liked about Skyrim was that i couldn't play the druid archetype they way i wanted

one thing

Why have a
bethestard.png
Nah. Everyone gets enough rope to hang themselves.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

one thing

Why have a
bethestard.png

Because this isn't ResetEra.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why have a
bethestard.png
Beyond all the moral reasons the above bros have pointed out, there is this: there's nothing better to feel :obviously: than to keep a bunch of retards around. The shit flinging also makes for a good show.

quixotic

Learned
I have a hard time picking favourites, but if I had a gun pointed at my head I’d say cleric.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have a hard time picking favourites, but if I had a gun pointed at my head I’d say cleric.
Sure, pick the healer when you're about to be fatally wounded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom