Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sponsored A new breed of VPN that’s breaking all the rules. Industry-first functionality and leading security

Oeck

Literate
:nocountryforshitposters:

I understand you are trying to sell your stuff but that does not bode well.

Unless you were referring to literally hot shit, naturally, In which case you should consider your options to lower diarrhea induced by your service.

Hi Lord of Riva,

We have a single tester in China using our latest app version to specifically test obfuscation which is what bypasses the firewall. According to him it works really well. This isn't available to the customer base yet, but should be in the coming weeks. Most likely next week.

Though if it is currently inducing diarrhea, we suggest some of the users who replied to this thread to keep on using it as is - though their head may cave in.

Hi Peter, what do you think of rpgcodex moderation policies? Were they in the right in what they did to Kalin?

Hi Ataraxia,

I think the moderation policies and methods are pretty good. I grew a garden like that once! I planted a bunch of random seeds in the ground to see which came out as flowers and which came out as vegetables.

I have no idea who Kalin is.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Last edited:

Dux

Arcane
Write a TL;DR essay on the political subtexts\RPGness of Disco Elysium OR why TB is the way to go and you might just snag some of these subterranean warlocks. Throw some MAGA in there for good measure.

You have to gain their trust and your fancy horticultural analogies won't be enough, I'm afraid.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been complaining about bad trolls/alts lately, but this one's actually amusing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is DU being bored.

A horse of course

I've been complaining about bad trolls/alts lately, but this one's actually amusing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is DU being bored.

It's not an alt. DU, smoothbrained schizoid Trumpanzee that he is, bet thousands of dollars on Orange Hitler winning a second cheeto reich. Now he's scrambling to cover the costs.

Oeck

Literate

Hi Abu Antar,

1*ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA.jpeg

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Oeck, there's a ton of VPN providers, what would you say makes your startup stand out? Why is it a better option than for example TunnelBear? And what kind of customers do you target? From your pitch it sounds like you want people who are stupid enough to pay for streaming but smart enough to want to get to region locked content, in which case logs doesn't bother them, they are after all signed up for some bullshit under their real name already. I'm just trying to figure out why you have decided to do this when the market seems so saturated already and if your service might be for me.

commie, as for user data security, on an individual level it is almost impossible to cover yourself completely but what people should be worried about is not the individual but mass data scraping. That is the real problem that neckbeards are too nearsighted to see. Internet data gathering has always been about the bigger picture and most users aren't spicy enough to have to worry about being spied on personally.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Impressive, an error message and no context given. I can't be bothered to check the logs if it doesn't work out of the box.

0BVfTpI.png

Sukhāvatī, TunnelBear is cool. Every time you connect to somewhere there is a little animation of the bear digging a tunnel there and there are custom bear icons for different countries when you connect to them. As you can tell I'm a serious VPN user and have the right priorities.

qVByzfp.png
SLUoTM5.png
4WR4DH6.png
Rit3GNp.png

YMW7thd.png
OoI82UD.png
Q9RvEyo.png
gbIysOm.png

v9WNicG.png
1QlceNp.png

Oeck

Literate
Hi Donut Touch,

Oeck, there's a ton of VPN providers, what would you say makes your startup stand out? Why is it a better option than for example TunnelBear? And what kind of customers do you target? From your pitch it sounds like you want people who are stupid enough to pay for streaming but smart enough to want to get to region locked content, in which case logs doesn't bother them, they are after all signed up for some bullshit under their real name already. I'm just trying to figure out why you have decided to do this when the market seems so saturated already and if your service might be for me.

I'll provide a list of our unique features below. As far as the main customers, there are a few types of users - but we mainly target users in Australia and the UK as USA has all the good stuff generally speaking. It is good for Torrenting, Privacy, Geounblocking ( we have over 30 Netflix regions available ), Families who want extensive features on their routers ( if their router supports OpenVPN ) and for users who tinker with tech. An example of the last one would be our port-forwarding feature.

Impressive, an error message and no context given. I can't be bothered to check the logs if it doesn't work out of the box.

Unfortunately that screenshot does not help. I would suggest opening a support ticket. It could be a setting ( such as having Obfuscation turned on ) or it could be having issues with another bit of software on your system. We can help identify the issue if you are able to submit a ticket. If not, I would suggest using the official OpenVPN app and loading our config file with it. You will still get all of the features as we do the work from the back-end rather than from the app. The app is mainly there for ease of use with Device Profiles, but again, any third-party OpenVPN app can make use of them.

As far as the features go that makes us different from other VPN services, here they are:

Streaming Automation - Connect to the VPN region nearest to your location and still access content from overseas streaming services. We take away the need for you to jump around VPN regions. You can also set regions for specific streaming services. For example you can set your Netflix region independently ( we have 30 Netflix regions at the moment ) - similar to how a smartDNS service works. This means no more searching for the "right" server to connect to. Just connect to the VPN and we take care of the rest.

Device Profiles - You can have up to 100. Each profile allows you to have unique settings for when you log in. For example, you can have one for your computer, another for your iPad, another for your partner, another for your child, etc.

Advanced Port Forwarding - You no longer need to keep track of IP addresses or configure your software to work with the VPN ports you are given. Just tell us which port to forward to and which device profile and it's done.

For example, if you set up a web server on your computer and enable port forwarding, regardless of which VPN server you ever connect to ( any server, any region ), to access your web server you would go to username-mydevice.oeck.me:portNumber - It stays the same :)

Also great for torrenting.

Ad, Malware, Social Network and Adult blocker - You can pick and choose which ( if any ) of the blockers you want enabled for each device profile. This allows you to turn on Adult blocking for children's devices but keep yours open. It is also very extensive and does a good job of blocking most ad, tracker and malware domains.

Custom filter - You can take the blockers even further by adding your own domain block-list on a per-device level. This gives you complete control over each and every device. This is very powerful and is easily built on.

Custom DNS - You can set your DNS on a per-device level. You can choose for the VPN to give you complete control to your DNS, or set your DNS and still allow the VPN to take control over certain domains in order for the channels and blocking to still work. This means you can even use your own DNS if you wanted to.

Automated server selection - When a user connects to a region they will always connect to a server with the most resources available. This completely removes the need to server-surf on the users end. They just connect to a region and they will be sure to jump on the server within that region that has the most resources available at that point in time.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Unfortunately that screenshot does not help. I would suggest opening a support ticket. It could be a setting ( such as having Obfuscation turned on ) or it could be having issues with another bit of software on your system.
It's probably the later, I tried many different settings to no avail, including turning obfuscation on and off. I wasn't running anything else at the time either though. I don't expect you to fix it, mate, just wanted to show that I gave it a go. If it had worked I would have posted my impressions in comparison to other VPNs that I have tried out, perhaps even bought a subscription if it was very good, but I can't be bothered with a customer support ticket. That's just not what I was there for.
Also great for torrenting.
I'll have you know that I'm on the right side of the law, mister. Thank you for the quick response anyway, perhaps there are others on this forum that would be interested in this VPN after reading what you have laid it out. As for myself I don't think I'm a target customer for your service, as I don't have much use for what make you stand out unfortunately. Good luck in your venture. For what it is worth I hope you become THE VPN provider in Australia (if you aren't already) since you could take the usual Codex shitposting with gusto and that's the kind of company I would like to see succeed. You go out there and grab those Aussie boomers by the horns, mate.

Best wishes,
Donut @ Gremlincorp.

Norfleet

Given that you take payment in real money, I can't see how this can be private once you have a user's financial data. This is obviously a trap.

Oeck

Literate
Hi Donut Touch

I don't expect you to fix it, mate, just wanted to show that I gave it a go. If it had worked I would have posted my impressions in comparison to other VPNs that I have tried out, perhaps even bought a subscription if it was very good, but I can't be bothered with a customer support ticket. That's just not what I was there for.

Thanks for testing it out anyway. There may be a bug in the app, but no other users have reported it. Would be cool to know what may be causing it though.

EDIT: Without you sending the error log on the app there is no way for me to know for sure, but I have a hunch you may not have IPv6 enabled on your adapter settings. You may wish to quickly enable it and see if it works.

I'll have you know that I'm on the right side of the law, mister.

Legal torrents :p

Thank you for the quick response anyway, perhaps there are others on this forum that would be interested in this VPN after reading what you have laid it out.

You're welcome mate :)

As for myself I don't think I'm a target customer for your service, as I don't have much use for what make you stand out unfortunately. Good luck in your venture.

No problem at all. Though if you do decide to give it another shot, try using the OpenVPN app and loading our config file into it. It should work without issues. You may even like some of the features. One user on Whirlpool even stated he has had it running for a month without a single drop out :)

for what it is worth I hope you become THE VPN provider in Australia (if you aren't already) since you could take the usual Codex shitposting with gusto and that's the kind of company I would like to see succeed. You go out there and grab those Aussie boomers by the horns, mate.

Mate, thank you very much for the well wishes! Really cool of you. As far as the shitposting from Codex... I thought they have been flirting with me all this time.

Best wishes,
Donut @ Gremlincorp.

:D

xoxoxo

Given that you take payment in real money, I can't see how this can be private once you have a user's financial data. This is obviously a trap.

Hi Norfleet,

We don't have your financial data. That would be Paypal and Stripe. It does not really matter though as we don't log any user activity, so all Paypal and Stripe will know is that you did purchase a VPN - not what you do with it, or even if you have ever used it. However, you can pay by Crypto if you like. You can even send cash in the mail if you wish - just remember to include your username in the letter.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
Hi everyone,

We’re two guys from Melbourne that recently launched our VPN startup - Oeck. Our story started like a lot of other Aussie businesses. We didn’t love the current services that were available. We seriously hated switching regions all the time to stream shows, so we started our own VPN…

Hey, could you explain this please:

Long a source of national pride, the moral integrity of Australia's military is now at stake

Canberra, Australia (CNN)All Australians are taught the ode of remembrance, recited for the nation's fallen soldiers known lovingly as "Diggers."

That nickname evokes the memory of Gallipoli, the Turkish peninsula where, in the trenches of World War I, the young nation's soldiers helped to forge a national identity. So Australian school students are taught.
"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn."

Now the Australian public knows that age shall not weary the 39 Afghan civilians and non-combatants reportedly condemned by its own Diggers in Afghanistan. The Afghans were allegedly murdered, the Australian army itself detailed in its official enquiry Thursday, by elite Special Operations Forces -- the Diggers that were supposed to be the liberators and protectors, the best to wear an Australian military uniform.
Those 39 lives now remind Australians that like their own country, the modern nation of Afghanistan has been constructed by the cruelties of war, four decades of it since the Soviet invasion in 1979.
"I am sincerely sorry for their loss," Australia's chief of the Defense Force, Gen. Angus Campbell, said Thursday of the Afghan nation. "I can't imagine the pain, the suffering and the uncertainty that that loss has caused both at the time, and the continuing uncertainty of how that happened."

The Australian army believes that the allegations gathered by a four-year investigation by the Inspector General of the Australian Defense Force (IGADF) is enough to prosecute 19 of its soldiers for the alleged war crimes of murder and cruel treatment.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced a special investigator to bring those men to trial. All names have been redacted from the lengthy report made public on Thursday. For now, the 19 accused of committing war crimes are unidentified to the public.

But just as the collective shares in valor and sacrifice, it is sharing in the shame.

Campbell announced Friday that a review would be commenced into all honors that Australian soldiers received for fighting in Afghanistan. As many as 3,000 special forces personnel who served in Australia's longest war could now be forced to hand back their medals, including the Meritorious Unit Citation. Senior commanders could lose their Distinguished Service Medals.

"What is now known must disentitle the unit as a whole to eligibility for recognition for sustained outstanding service," the report reads.
"What this report discloses is disgraceful and a profound betrayal of the Australian Defense Force's professional standards and expectations. It is not meritorious."

In a statement released Thursday, Chief of Army Lt. Gen. Rick Burr announced that Special Air Services Regiment 2 Squadron would be struck from the order of battle, or the listing of a country's military units, saying 2 Squadron was "a nexus of alleged serious criminal activities."

"Future generations will be reminded of this moment in our military history from the gap in our squadron numbering system," Burr said.
It's symbolism worthy of the vast edifice that has been constructed in Australia to honor veterans of past wars -- the Second Boer War, the Boxer Rebellion, World Wars I and II, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War, the Iraq War -- and current troops.

Speaking on April 25 this year, the annual day to honor the men and women of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps known as Anzacs, Prime Minister Morrison said, "The qualities for which we honor the Anzacs live on in each of us -- endurance, courage, ingenuity, good humor, mateship and devotion, to duty to each other, to Australia."

Duty, devotion and courage has now been shown by the whistleblowers who told the IGADF inquiry of a "gradual erosion of standards over time resulting in a culture within which, ultimately, war crimes were tolerated."
Former soldiers who witnessed alleged war crimes told the four-year inquiry of the difficulties in speaking out about patrol commanders treated as "demigods." The report acknowledges that "existing whistleblower protections and redress of grievance processes were not adequate for members who were fearful of professional, social and physical retaliation to raise their concerns or 'blow the whistle' on unlawful actions."

More than 39,000 Australians have served in Australia's longest war, which continues with the ongoing deployment of 80 personnel to the Afghan capital, Kabul.

After the exhaustive IGADF inquiry conducted more than 510 witness interviews and reviewed more than 45,000 documents and photographs, 25 Australians were alleged to have committed war crimes.
According to the inquiry, the allegations merit criminal charges against 19 of those people. It is a small fraction of Australia's overall commitment to Afghanistan.

However the report dismisses the idea that the 25 alleged to have committed crimes are just "a few bad apples." Instead, an ethics review attached to the report indicates that killings were fueled by factors including "the character and the tempo of deployments ... a lack of clarity about purpose and a gradual loss of confidence about the mission and the higher chain of command."

The bulk of Australia's war against the Afghan Taliban took place in central Uruzgan province, known to be one of the most difficult and dangerous theaters of the war. Australian troops pulled out of Uruzgan in 2014, after 41 were killed and 261 wounded. On announcing the decision to withdraw in 2013, then-Prime Minister Tony Abbott said that the mission had been a success.

"We have seen the replacement of the Taliban. We have seen the driving out from their safe havens and bases of al Qaeda and al Qaeda sympathizers," Abbott said at the time.

"If you look at the benefits for our country, for Afghanistan, and for the wider world, then my conclusion is yes, it has been worth it."

Seven years later most of the families of Australian civilian victims remain in Uruzgan, but now many live under Taliban control, according to Shaharzad Akbar, the chairwoman for the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission.

They remain are hungry for justice, the commission told CNN. But accessing that is not going to be easy. The Afghan Army began to withdraw from Uruzgan in 2016, ceding vast areas to the Taliban.

The IGADF report says: "Where there is credible information that an identified or identifiable Afghan national has been unlawfully killed ... Australia should now compensate the family of that person, without awaiting for establishment of criminal liability. This will be an important step in rehabilitating Australia's international reputation, in particular with Afghanistan, and it is simply the right thing to do."

Doing the right thing by paying compensation to grieving Afghans living under Taliban control will not be an easy thing for Australia to achieve.
"Not all victims will be easy to locate," Akbar told CNN, "Some families may have been victimized again after the incidents that happened then by the ongoing conflict so it's -- the situation for civilians is heartbreaking in Afghanistan."

But as Thursday's damning report states, Australia's "moral integrity and authority as a nation" is at stake.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/20/...ar-crimes-report-analysis-intl-hnk/index.html

Why should I support a company whose tax dollars support a murder machine like the Aussie Military?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First the codex evolved into a forum about all kinds of retarded tinfoil shit and the worst garbage of the political spectrum, and by the way also RPGs.

Then, unsurprisingly, no one of the "holocaust is a hoax" crowd is supporting it via donations.

Finally, this kind of shit promo posts start to show up in the news section. You made your own bed.

I promise to donate for my 6th anniversary, just don't post more shit like that in "News".

Last edited:

Oeck

Literate
Hi everyone,

We’re two guys from Melbourne that recently launched our VPN startup - Oeck. Our story started like a lot of other Aussie businesses. We didn’t love the current services that were available. We seriously hated switching regions all the time to stream shows, so we started our own VPN…

Long a source of national pride, the moral integrity of Australia's military is now at stake

Canberra, Australia (CNN)All Australians are taught the ode of remembrance, recited for the nation's fallen soldiers known lovingly as "Diggers."

That nickname evokes the memory of Gallipoli, the Turkish peninsula where, in the trenches of World War I, the young nation's soldiers helped to forge a national identity. So Australian school students are taught.
"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn."

Now the Australian public knows that age shall not weary the 39 Afghan civilians and non-combatants reportedly condemned by its own Diggers in Afghanistan. The Afghans were allegedly murdered, the Australian army itself detailed in its official enquiry Thursday, by elite Special Operations Forces -- the Diggers that were supposed to be the liberators and protectors, the best to wear an Australian military uniform.
Those 39 lives now remind Australians that like their own country, the modern nation of Afghanistan has been constructed by the cruelties of war, four decades of it since the Soviet invasion in 1979.
"I am sincerely sorry for their loss," Australia's chief of the Defense Force, Gen. Angus Campbell, said Thursday of the Afghan nation. "I can't imagine the pain, the suffering and the uncertainty that that loss has caused both at the time, and the continuing uncertainty of how that happened."

The Australian army believes that the allegations gathered by a four-year investigation by the Inspector General of the Australian Defense Force (IGADF) is enough to prosecute 19 of its soldiers for the alleged war crimes of murder and cruel treatment.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced a special investigator to bring those men to trial. All names have been redacted from the lengthy report made public on Thursday. For now, the 19 accused of committing war crimes are unidentified to the public.

But just as the collective shares in valor and sacrifice, it is sharing in the shame.

Campbell announced Friday that a review would be commenced into all honors that Australian soldiers received for fighting in Afghanistan. As many as 3,000 special forces personnel who served in Australia's longest war could now be forced to hand back their medals, including the Meritorious Unit Citation. Senior commanders could lose their Distinguished Service Medals.

"What is now known must disentitle the unit as a whole to eligibility for recognition for sustained outstanding service," the report reads.
"What this report discloses is disgraceful and a profound betrayal of the Australian Defense Force's professional standards and expectations. It is not meritorious."

In a statement released Thursday, Chief of Army Lt. Gen. Rick Burr announced that Special Air Services Regiment 2 Squadron would be struck from the order of battle, or the listing of a country's military units, saying 2 Squadron was "a nexus of alleged serious criminal activities."

"Future generations will be reminded of this moment in our military history from the gap in our squadron numbering system," Burr said.
It's symbolism worthy of the vast edifice that has been constructed in Australia to honor veterans of past wars -- the Second Boer War, the Boxer Rebellion, World Wars I and II, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War, the Iraq War -- and current troops.

Speaking on April 25 this year, the annual day to honor the men and women of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps known as Anzacs, Prime Minister Morrison said, "The qualities for which we honor the Anzacs live on in each of us -- endurance, courage, ingenuity, good humor, mateship and devotion, to duty to each other, to Australia."

Duty, devotion and courage has now been shown by the whistleblowers who told the IGADF inquiry of a "gradual erosion of standards over time resulting in a culture within which, ultimately, war crimes were tolerated."
Former soldiers who witnessed alleged war crimes told the four-year inquiry of the difficulties in speaking out about patrol commanders treated as "demigods." The report acknowledges that "existing whistleblower protections and redress of grievance processes were not adequate for members who were fearful of professional, social and physical retaliation to raise their concerns or 'blow the whistle' on unlawful actions."

More than 39,000 Australians have served in Australia's longest war, which continues with the ongoing deployment of 80 personnel to the Afghan capital, Kabul.

After the exhaustive IGADF inquiry conducted more than 510 witness interviews and reviewed more than 45,000 documents and photographs, 25 Australians were alleged to have committed war crimes.
According to the inquiry, the allegations merit criminal charges against 19 of those people. It is a small fraction of Australia's overall commitment to Afghanistan.

However the report dismisses the idea that the 25 alleged to have committed crimes are just "a few bad apples." Instead, an ethics review attached to the report indicates that killings were fueled by factors including "the character and the tempo of deployments ... a lack of clarity about purpose and a gradual loss of confidence about the mission and the higher chain of command."

The bulk of Australia's war against the Afghan Taliban took place in central Uruzgan province, known to be one of the most difficult and dangerous theaters of the war. Australian troops pulled out of Uruzgan in 2014, after 41 were killed and 261 wounded. On announcing the decision to withdraw in 2013, then-Prime Minister Tony Abbott said that the mission had been a success.

"We have seen the replacement of the Taliban. We have seen the driving out from their safe havens and bases of al Qaeda and al Qaeda sympathizers," Abbott said at the time.

"If you look at the benefits for our country, for Afghanistan, and for the wider world, then my conclusion is yes, it has been worth it."

Seven years later most of the families of Australian civilian victims remain in Uruzgan, but now many live under Taliban control, according to Shaharzad Akbar, the chairwoman for the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission.

They remain are hungry for justice, the commission told CNN. But accessing that is not going to be easy. The Afghan Army began to withdraw from Uruzgan in 2016, ceding vast areas to the Taliban.

The IGADF report says: "Where there is credible information that an identified or identifiable Afghan national has been unlawfully killed ... Australia should now compensate the family of that person, without awaiting for establishment of criminal liability. This will be an important step in rehabilitating Australia's international reputation, in particular with Afghanistan, and it is simply the right thing to do."

Doing the right thing by paying compensation to grieving Afghans living under Taliban control will not be an easy thing for Australia to achieve.
"Not all victims will be easy to locate," Akbar told CNN, "Some families may have been victimized again after the incidents that happened then by the ongoing conflict so it's -- the situation for civilians is heartbreaking in Afghanistan."

But as Thursday's damning report states, Australia's "moral integrity and authority as a nation" is at stake.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/20/...ar-crimes-report-analysis-intl-hnk/index.html

Why should I support a company whose tax dollars support a murder machine like the Aussie Military?

Hi Andhaira,

A murder machine is a little bit of a stretch no? Perhaps it is a little bit more accurate to say a few dickheads?

In fairness we also gave the world penicillin which has saved countless lives. We also created cricket yobbos, the ability to drink limitless amounts of alcohol and stay upright, AC/DC, Margot Robbie, Drop Bears, Steve Irwin and Wi-Fi.

However, I do indeed take your point and encourage you to act upon injustices. China has terrible working conditions for example. You probably should not be using a computer, tablet, etc to access the internet as you are indirectly supporting the continuation of these horrible work places - where many people die in. Whilst you're at it, it may be a good idea to piss the Wi-Fi off too.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

ArchAngel

Arcane
First the codex evolved into a forum about all kinds of retarded tinfoil shit and the worst gardbage of the political spectrum, and by the way also RPGs.

Then, unsurprisingly, no one of the "holocaust is a hoax" crowd is supporting it via donations.

Finally, this kind of shit promo posts start to show up in the news section. You made your own bed.

I promise to donate for my 6th anniversary, just don't post more shit like that in "News".
Our lord and saviour DU works in mysterious ways.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
We don't log our users data..
76e.gif

Hi Seigneur Locklear,

I would tend to agree with you if I also saw this. There are a lot of shady VPN companies out there. But I can assure you, since I helped build this VPN, we literally don't. We have laid out everything in our Privacy Policy and our FAQ which is written in a way everyone can understand. We tell you exactly what we monitor, don't log, etc. We went as far as running our VPN nodes without storage in order to ensure this is the case. We don't rent any hardware at all - not even the routers.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
76e.gif

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hi, Peter.

Have you ever heard of a man living in Australia named Cleveland Mark Blakemore, and, if so, do you have any opinion about his programming skills?

P.S. Trust me, he's good (Crackerjack++ Certified) and I think he needs a job right now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The streaming service rerouting thing sounds smart but I use my swedish ultra privacy VPN to pirate all my media content, thus saving me hundreds of of moneys!

Oeck

Literate
Hi Zed,

The streaming service rerouting thing sounds smart

Give it a go. The device profiles are also really cool. So is the port-forwarding feature. It works well with torrents.

but I use my swedish ultra privacy VPN to pirate all my media content, thus saving me hundreds of of moneys!

Save a bit more moneys by using us for free for 3 days. We don't even want payment details let alone payment. See what you think :)

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

Oeck

Literate
Hi everyone,

As a Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal we are giving a further 15% discount on our yearly plan. Simply use the code bfcm when purchasing a subscription.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hi everyone,

Hi Andhaira,

A murder machine is a little bit of a stretch no? Perhaps it is a little bit more accurate to say a few dickheads?

In fairness we also gave the world penicillin which has saved countless lives. We also created cricket yobbos, the ability to drink limitless amounts of alcohol and stay upright, AC/DC, Margot Robbie, Drop Bears, Steve Irwin and Wi-Fi.

However, I do indeed take your point and encourage you to act upon injustices. China has terrible working conditions for example. You probably should not be using a computer, tablet, etc to access the internet as you are indirectly supporting the continuation of these horrible work places - where many people die in. Whilst you're at it, it may be a good idea to piss the Wi-Fi off too.

Regards,
Peter @ Oeck.
You're absolutely alright Pete.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom