Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So.

Netflix TV series when ?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Hideo Kojima is in Cyberpunk 2077, and he’s insufferable
cyberpunk-2077-kojima-580x334.jpg

AD

Hideo Kojima, the creator of the Metal Gear Solid series and Death Stranding, has spent a lot of time thinking about the future and our relationship to technology. So it’s perhaps fitting that he appears in CD Projekt’s highly anticipated RPG game Cyberpunk 2077. He’s also kind of a dick.

During one of heists in Cyberpunk 2077, which you can pre-order from the Humble Store, you’re checking out a corpo bar – it’s a swanky place, and it’s got the expected clientele of well-dressed, affluent drinkers sitting in its plush booths. Several patrons are clearly into Night City’s upscale art scene, while another brags about a party he’s throwing on his yacht.

In one corner, you can come across a character named Oshima holding court in a booth. He’s speaking in Japanese, and your cybernetic implants provide an on-the-fly translation. He’s discussing the idea of genre tropes – apparently this is still an issue in Cyberpunk 2077’s world of ‘braindances.’

Oshima says he has a research team in Tokyo that’s currently looking into capturing the full range of human feeling. “I want my production to convey real, raw emotion,” he explains. “Take, for example, the feeling when you combine happiness with melancholy, or being calm with an underlying sense of anxiety.”

Oshima is clearly modeled on Kojima – he’s got the distinctive tousled hairstyle, the bookish round glasses, and even the hip motorcycle-style leather jacket that the Metal Gear creator tends to favour. And it turns out that the name Oshima means ‘large island’ – it’s an alternative pronunciation to ‘Kojima.’

If you hang around a bit, he’ll ask you things like “Do you know my work?” and “Did you bring a pitch for me?” Then he studiously ignores you. How pretentious!

You can check out our Cyberpunk 2077 review if you’d like to know more about the hotly anticipated open-world game. The Cyberpunk 2077 release date is set for later this week.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/kojima

https://media.tenor.com/videos/d524d77826395ac0c7472aeea359d82d/mp4

When they will cancel good old kojimbo? He already got shit talked for this tasteful scene:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well if I have to decide between believing 40 reviewers who played the game or believeing some shitposters on the Codex, who did not, I inclined to believe the former ones.

or you could have watched the leaked footage and see for yourself that the game is a godawful piece of shit, and that is not including the bugs, the game design is just straight fucking trash.

"don't believe your eyes though!!!! p-professional reviewers would never sugarcoat a hyped up game!!!"

you people are cdpr's target market: fucking retards

LOL the COPE in this thread "paid journos' milquetoast reviews totally just validated my purchase BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:npc:
Well if I have to decide between believing 40 reviewers who played the game or believeing some shitposters on the Codex, who did not, I inclined to believe the former ones.

Go ahead and believe the professionals saying it's just as amazing as their hype promised over the shitposters who merely watched hours of unedited patched gameplay the week of release and have nothing to fear from giving a mere 8.5/10 to the blockbuster of the decade.

EgyXZMPUYAEMvZY.jpg

^me waiting for the Early Access period to be over.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Did we go through 550 pages just so you could see I was right from the start - Witcher with guns?

Wow nobody could have predicted that, only you, the only guy above single digit IQ of the Codex. Please self-congratulate harder, it's an achievement really.
At least I didn't have to watch 3 hours of shitty console footage for my prediction.

the scavenger mission, standard crouching stealth, no fancy shit: https://streamable.com/cnyfzg

Seems easy and dull, unsuspecting stationary enemies, no patrols, I guess it makes sense within this mission context, but I hope not everything in the game is like that when it comes to stealth.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Who cares about the bugs? it's still a more stable release than all the shit-tier AAA games released in the past five years. Most importantly, the devs don't pander to shitty fandoms and the game pissed off sjws and trannies, so it's a must-buy.

So make sure you contribute to making Poland a world superpower by buying a copy of Cyberpunk 2077!

- This message is not sponsored by CDPR or the government of Poland
Can someone recap the whole story with sjw and trannies. I thought cdpr was a woke company and was going to boycott the game. What changed?

Why are you people paying attention to journohomo opinions to begin with? The only thing that matters is the Kodex Kritical Konsensus.
Because if this thread is anything to go by, the Kodex Kritical Konsesus is a rotting shitbag, which worth just as much as the journohomo's opinion, just on the other end of the spectrum.
You seem upset.
Not really upset, it's just I'm tired that the Codex proved again that you can't have a level headed discussion about the game here. The Codex is the same as IGN, just the other side of the coin. At a site like IGN, you have to puke because all the cucksucking and SJW shit, and there your head explodes when people are just shitposting about unfounded, unconfirmed things about the game. And then they portrait themselves as some kind of prestigous magazine.
What you want them to do? Take a level headed position about an upcoming game? That is not fun, dumbass. Creating 2 camps of fanboys and haters for every game that throw shit at each other, with neutral memes sprinkled by 3rd party is where joy of it all at.
Legit reviews come after the first week of release, such is Codex's way.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not really upset, it's just I'm tired that the Codex proved again that you can't have a level headed discussion about the game here. The Codex is the same as IGN, just the other side of the coin. At a site like IGN, you have to puke because all the cucksucking and SJW shit, and there your head explodes when people are just shitposting about unfounded, unconfirmed things about the game. And then they portrait themselves as some kind of prestigous magazine.
This is the way.

Mazisky

Magister
Who cares about the bugs? it's still a more stable release than all the shit-tier AAA games released in the past five years. Most importantly, the devs don't pander to shitty fandoms and the game pissed off sjws and trannies, so it's a must-buy.

So make sure you contribute to making Poland a world superpower by buying a copy of Cyberpunk 2077!

- This message is not sponsored by CDPR or the government of Poland
Can someone recap the whole story with sjw and trannies. I thought cdpr was a woke company and was going to boycott the game. What changed?

Polygon, Gamespot an another useless site gave the game a lower score because:

-Not enough pronoums
-There is one character that has a trans flag on the car but it doesn't mean that he\she is trans.

Not joke, those are real quotes from the reviews.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!

Review list:

Game Informer 9/10
GamesBeat 3/5
GameSpew 10/10
Who?
GameSpot 7/10
GamesRadar+ 5/5
GameWatcher 9/10
God is a Geek 10/10
Who?
IGN 9/10
PC Gamer 78/100
PCGamesN 9/10
RPG Site 9/10
Screen Rant 4/5
Stevivor 9.5/10
The Digital Fix 10/10
Who?
TheGamer 5/5
Trusted Reviews 4/5
VG247 5/5
VGC 5/5
Windows Central 5/5
Who?

Why the FUCK is Codex not included in metacritic when such literally whos are?

Who? Who? Who? What are you, a fucking owl?

Derringer

Prophet
Reading that passage from a tabletop game called Cyberpunk makes me think the concept of a game like that is more of a critique of progressive communist bullshit promoting corporatism and globalism than the marketing for it, for a game from 1988.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Does Cyberpunk 2077 mention it supports BLM ? Why are the reviewers not mentioning this ?

Also isn't the whole concept of augmentations a glorification of ableism ?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

or you could have watched the leaked footage and see for yourself that the game is a godawful piece of shit, and that is not including the bugs, the game design is just straight fucking trash.

"don't believe your eyes though!!!! p-professional reviewers would never sugarcoat a hyped up game!!!"

you people are cdpr's target market: fucking retards
Sorry, I don't base my opinion on unpatched last gen console footage. But you just go and do that, I'm sure it plays to your bias perfectly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom