Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

deama

Prophet
I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out if I wanna play a male or a female. The male looks like a retard, but I can't identify myself with a female!
Maybe if I slap a dick on her it'll help.
Just create your dream cyberwaifu, nothing wrong with that. Btw the model on the cyberware screen changes depending on male/female choice, a nice touch.

rzZC4b6.png
I actually don't mind playing a female too much, but the game has to accommodate what my vision of a female is, and that would be a princess, in a way. It's just hard for me to play a hot chick and end up killing dozens of guys, some of which have high bounties on them.

I haven't watched much gameplay, so I don't know much of anything in the game, other than keanu. Anyway, are there like social skills or ways you can use your "charms" to do quests and get rid of enemies? Or e.g. spend skill points on skills/attributes that increase follower's stats? Kinda like arcanum.

Ekpurosis

Literate
Just a reminder that AssAssin's Creed: Copy pasted filler missions and locations in glitchy greece got an 8/10 from this same site
Bro Watch dogshit legion with copy pasted quests and ai generated voice acting and story without any sense got 8/10 from them disregard their opinion.
The two most important French video game sites gave it a 7/10. No SJW complaining

https://www.gamekult.com/jeux/cyberpunk-2077-3050473526/test.html
https://www.jeuxvideo.com/test/1336...ierre-angulaire-du-rpg-que-l-on-attendait.htm

Bugs, everywhere, all the time
Artificial intelligence needs a complete overhaul
Car driving sucks
Poorly designed interface
Confused melee combat
Too many filler activities and fetch quest
Story too short (20 / 25h in a straight line for the main quest, a little more than double to do everything normally)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"it's the console version guys, wait until you hear pc impressions"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
Your point? Reports says that it looks great on Ultra. Just because someone posted a picture without knowing the resolution and the detail settings doesn't prove it otherwise.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I remember absolutely falling in love with Vampire : Bloodlines when it was only possible to even get to the end without using some console cheats/commands.
Pretty sure I can withstand Cyberpunk 2077.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Your point? Reports says that it looks great on Ultra. Just because someone posted a picture without knowing the resolution and the detail settings doesn't prove it otherwise.

Jeff Gertsmann talked about it on the giant bomb twitch stream and says the game is tremendously buggy, framerate tanks to single digits at times and the game is a mess. PC version.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Jeff Gertsmann talked about it on the giant bomb twitch stream and says the game is tremendously buggy, framerate tanks to single digits at times and the game is a mess. PC version.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the graphics. But it is buggy indeed, it is confirmed.

Ekpurosis

Literate
Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Doomsayers are clutching at straws already. Wait a while, you will have enough nitpicking material as soon as the game unlocks :lol:

Narax

Educated
Who cares about the bugs? it's still a more stable release than all the shit-tier AAA games released in the past five years. Most importantly, the devs don't pander to shitty fandoms and the game pissed off sjws and trannies, so it's a must-buy.

So make sure you contribute to making Poland a world superpower by buying a copy of Cyberpunk 2077!

- This message is not sponsored by CDPR or the government of Poland

Beowulf

Arcane

What a prestigious magazine (this numerama thingy). I just wanted to see how they play with mainstream media and big money companies, and who knew - they gave RDR2 3/5.

pomenitul

Arbiter
French review in Le Monde: https://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/artic...ns-une-ville-a-la-derive_6062528_4408996.html

The tl;dr being: Night City is amazing, NPCs are memorable, visuals are mind-blowing, gore and nudity galore, but… it's buggy as all fuck, trash combat is the norm, role-playing aspects are shallow (no C&C to speak of and most skills are useless), a full playthrough takes about 50h, CD Projekt Red are slavers.

tl;dr of tl;dr: good game, bad rpg.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
French review in Le Monde: https://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/artic...ns-une-ville-a-la-derive_6062528_4408996.html

The tl;dr being: Night City is amazing, NPCs are memorable, visuals are mind-blowing, gore and nudity galore, but… it's buggy as all fuck, trash combat is the norm, role-playing aspects are shallow (no C&C to speak of and most skills are useless), a full playthrough takes about 50h, CD Projekt Red are slavers.

tl;dr of tl;dr: good game, bad rpg.
Did we go through 550 pages just so you could see I was right from the start - Witcher with guns?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
God fucking damn it, bring a SDK and make it moddable, CD Projekt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom