Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Lmao, in VTMB1 she looked hot. Now she looks like a twitter sjw creatura.

That isn't even her final form.

Isn't Rudi meant to be a critique on SJW culture? His original characterization was meant to show how much of a hypocrite he was and how he used SJW talking points to sucker fledglings into being his minions.

I doubt it, given how White Wolf (oops, gone) had to make Brujah stop dressing up as Neo-Nazis to trigger people because it triggered people.

WTF?!? Why would a (????wtf???) want to look like a fat bald male kender trying for a part in the Christmas Carol [weak arsed sideburns]???

yeeeeech
:what:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Hopefully you're right and this is not as bad as it sounds.
Do you have mud in your eyes or something? The gameplay video is out there for everyone to see.
I was referring to writing and story, not gameplay. We all saw the demo showcasing the game but things may have changed since then when it comes to narrative direction.
And you should go talk to a doctor for specialized help. Retardation, especially the bad form that you suffer from, is no laughing matter.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
AC has fairly consistent quality and is very polished, regardless of what you think of the gameplay. That frankly would be an improvement at this point.

AC Unity, Syndicate and Brotherhood are notorious for being insanely buggy and unpolished. The rest were all standard AAA-releases which means fairly buggy on release, AFAIK. Even I know that and I’ve never played an AC.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
AC Unity, Syndicate and Brotherhood are notorious for being insanely buggy and unpolished.

IME Brotherhood was the most polished Creed of the first four, think you might mean one of the others. :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
AC Unity, Syndicate and Brotherhood are notorious for being insanely buggy and unpolished.

IME Brotherhood was the most polished Creed of the first four, think you might mean one of the others. :M

You're right, I meant the Egypt one.

Unity was the only buggy one.

Watching Whitelight's video it sure as shit seems like Black Flag and Syndicate have got issues

Gargaune

Magister
So when's this coming out? I can't crack too many giggles over Cyberpunk because I bought it, so I need another Andromeda-style shitshow to get my jollies.

Vatnik Wumao

You're right, I meant the Egypt one.

Unity was the only buggy one.

Watching Whitelight's video it sure as shit seems like Black Flag and Syndicate have got issues

I never had problems with black flag, syndicate and brotherhood.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So when's this coming out? I can't crack too many giggles over Cyberpunk because I bought it, so I need another Andromeda-style shitshow to get my jollies.
Second half of 2021 is the most optimistic official take.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i dropped this game when they dropped brian same as a I dropped no truce with the furies when they cucked out on the name

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Honestly, looking at all the recent revelations about this game, a vampire themed AC would properly be a pretty steep incline :(

I really hope I'm wrong.
I don't think so. Mainly because Vampire the Masquerade isn't the kind of game (system-wise) that Assassin's Creed tries to be. Assassin's Creed is more akin to parkour Hitman (although I could be wrong, since I didn't play anything past Venice).

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
y i know

that's why I dropped it

you shouldn't negotiate with terrorists(this includes amerimuts, government and population)

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Honestly, looking at all the recent revelations about this game, a vampire themed AC would properly be a pretty steep incline :(

I really hope I'm wrong.
I don't think so. Mainly because Vampire the Masquerade isn't the kind of game (system-wise) that Assassin's Creed tries to be. Assassin's Creed is more akin to parkour Hitman (although I could be wrong, since I didn't play anything past Venice).

Nothing says a "cult RPG sequel" than having the entire game being shit Ass Crud combat instead of just the back half. Problems with a mechanic? Fuck it, rip it out. Put some collectable shit in it until it makes Lonesome Road look great. Put in a camera mode because we need more going back to mid-2000s console shit.

VTM: Bloodlines 2 is going to best serve as the marketing push for "i HoPe ThEy MaKe A mMo ThAt WoUlD bE sO kEwL!" to settle upon Vampnite Battle Royale.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
instead of just the back half

What do you mean by this?

You'd know this if you played VTM: Bloodlines to the end.

Regardless, the really important part will be the writing and C&C.

That made me laugh. Brian Mitsoda was supposedly the quality signal here (despite the whole team of RPG veterans from the first helping him along, just like they were propping up his work on TORN), along with MCanceledAvellone (yet Paradox said that his contributions weren't being used), and between the glassdoor reviews and what has been put out already shows that nobody there at Hardsuit knows what they're doing with RPGs (or even FPS given their previous titles), or even doing productive work (leaders who can't lead anything), or even the source material (raising Damsel's generation until she's been turned into srs Tumblrina/Twitterazi thin-blood). They've been looking for someone to fill the Lead RPG Designer position for quite some time, at this late in the game; they're supposed to lead design while even the CEO and COO can no longer even lead anything.

Here's the C&C:
Choice: Get hired at HSL for virtue despite career incompetence.
Consequence: Get fired from HSL because virtuous incompetent people can't turn in their homework on time, so then the competent butcher hired on can wrap up the development and shovel something out. Or you quit because now you can add "____ on Bloodlines 2" as you continue to fail your way to the top through participation trophies.

But at least they have sunshine and blowjob parties with extra sparkles and glitter every day at the office because nobody is going to gatekeep by leading anything and telling the juniors that their "work" needs work!

Are you excited about Bloodlines 2 current state?

Excited for the future. :bounce:

Anyone who doesn't see the writing on the wall by now deserves to be hit by the shit. The buyer's regret by those who haven't canceled their pre-orders by now will be glorious salt farming, maybe even greater than the pre-packaged proprietary potato Cyberpunk'd, because there are actually voluntary untermensch who consider this franchise to be transformative and central to their worldview in the same way the retards still in the Ultima cult still throw money despite Lord Brexit no longer doing anything for them. Not even Paradox's CMs can bother to stick around to tell people they can't tell them anything but bad news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom