Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2021 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Takamori

Learned
Encased most likely will be released too.
Hope so, they are still in phase of implementing VA and Weapon Mods.

Murk

Arcane
ATOM and BG3 are at top of list; followed by Colony Ship, Monomyth, and Underrail.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Looking forward to the following games:

ATOM RPG: Trudograd
Baldur's Gate III
Encased
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Was also looking forward to Realms Beyond and VtM, but who knows if those games will even come out this year (or ever)...

otteaux

Novice
Hopefully the fella doing Monomyth will be able to see it through 'til the end, it looks very promising.

Gargaune

Magister
Wrath of the Righteous, maybe Monomyth and Solasta. Funny thing is I already bought BG3 but I'm ambivalent towards facing the finished product. It's 2021, for fuck's sake, toilets have buttons now!

Maybe I should've voted for Bloodlines 2 as well, I am looking forward to its release... Well, technically, I'm looking forward to its release thread.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen = vaporware!?

lol, I don't think you're understanding the point of this thread... It's reserved for those games that mainly pass the Codex darling woke test and thus earn a place in history to forever vote for them. So it really doesn't matter if they are tagged vapourware, the devs have long since abandoned them, or even if they decide to pivot away from making an RPG to some type of platformer with turtles. You will always be able to vote for them until the day you die. Probably even after that too.
:negative:

Still, I think Realms Beyond belongs on the list and I sure voted for them... in fact, the only RPG's that I even pay attention to anymore on the Codex are the ones that make the vapourware list.
There are many RPGs around here that have long since been abandoned (even by the devs own words) or are obviously not coming out anytime soon (regardless of what the devs try to tell you) and they still never make the vapourware list. That's because nobody really cared much about playing them in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, the faster an RPG gets tagged vapourware around here the better! Then I at least know people are excited about playing it and equally angered when they find out they may have to wait longer.

Really if it wasn't for the Vapourware or Decline threads around here, I wouldn't have anything to get out of bed for in the morning. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
:bounce:

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is it really vaporware. Last comment by creator was what Oct or Nov 2020?

Yes the RB thread is marked Vapourware on the codex.... but a game getting marked Vapourware in thread means something entirely different on the Codex. Especially when the devs are communicating that they are still working on the game. It's not a statement from the devs, it's a statement from the Codex mods. So it's a mark of prestige really and is basically a sign that the Codex is outraged they won't be able to play the game sooner than they would like. Sort of like the outrage you will see when you tell a kid that he needs to wait until after dinner to eat that delicious candy in front of him. Waiting is hard.
:outrage:

A Vapourware thread does NOT mean a game is cancelled (unless the devs have actually announced that). It just means that the Codex doesn't think or doesn't want it to happen for some reason. Who knows, maybe the mods are getting paid off by some competitor? (That does happen in the game industry) Maybe the devs are not woke enough for them? (I see that a lot around here) Or maybe the mods don't like the hair color or sex of one of the devs. You never know... but remember Grimoire was marked vapourware for years and years, so we know that the Codex is pretty bad at predicting the future success and release of games. Very bad in fact. Instead I just listen to what the devs actually say, not what the peanut gallery says. Devs will tell you if their game is cancelled, there is no reason for them not to. Like I said, I always take notice when a game is marked Vapourware around here because real RPG gems are hard to find on the Codex, and I would guess that 95% of them are probably already sitting in some Vapourware thread. And... if a game can stay vapourware until the day it ships like Grimoire did, well that's even better! (comes with a lot more egg on the face too)
:ibelieveincleve:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
My vote goes to Colony Ship and Underrail: Infusion without question.

Vince is an example of a truly dedicated indie developer. He is upfront, forthright and most of all transparent to most or all decisions during development, he takes honest feedback to heart, he's curious and not arrogant in terms of maybe making wrong decisions and being open as much as possible.
The game itself oozes atmosphere and effort, let alone care in terms of constructing an enganging story, world and characters.

It is your duty to support Colony Ship when it launches EA in march. Even if you don't even want to play the game, he deserves the money just by keeping the genre alive, and development games of high quality. He deserves the possibility to expand and develop the game he truly wants to, for you.

Much of the same things can be said about Styg and Underrail: Infusion.

Kliwer

Savant
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - why is it not on the list? Laugh, laugh. For me, this is the favorite of this year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom