Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Selaco - A Doom engine FPS inspired by FEAR and the classics - coming to Early Access in May

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Who cares if the game is good?

It matters because it is cultural subversion.

Pointing out that soy faggotry was a thing as far back as the 90s is not saying much. One of the biggest action movies of the time (T2) had a wombyn commando. Nerds accepted that shit then but are now wondering why things got so out of hand today.

Why indeed. In fact, you can trace the stronk wombyn trope as far back as the 50s. Back then it was stronk woman though not quite a man (even Robert E. Howard used that trope). In the 80s it became women can do everything men can do. In the 90s it became men dumb, women always smart and good. Today a character like Duke Nukem would get your game shut down for misogyny.

This is the consequence of running a lie to the ground for over a century.

No, men and women aren't interchancgable. And that's the end of the argument. You tried and tried to pretend otherwise for decades and decades and now people are just starting to get fed up with this shit. It's simply not true. Traditional societies always had it right. You can scream mysoginy all you want people aren't going to listen anymore.

There's a lot of feminist nonsense in old school games that would be controversial today just because of the storm that's raging over this shit. But whose fault is that? We didn't start this war the SJWs did.

I like tits and ass. I don't see the problem.

I'd understand your concerns if they made her look like a man like in TLOU.

The people who want women to put on uniforms are the same people who want to take your tits and ass away.

Doesn't look like that in this case. Just look at the THICCness.

This on the other hand. Kill it with fire.

1280x720.jpg

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Who cares if the game is good?

It matters because it is cultural subversion.

Pointing out that soy faggotry was a thing as far back as the 90s is not saying much. One of the biggest action movies of the time (T2) had a wombyn commando. Nerds accepted that shit then but are now wondering why things got so out of hand today.

Why indeed. In fact, you can trace the stronk wombyn trope as far back as the 50s. Back then it was stronk woman though not quite a man (even Robert E. Howard used that trope). In the 80s it became women can do everything men can do. In the 90s it became men dumb, women always smart and good. Today a character like Duke Nukem would get your game shut down for misogyny.

This is the consequence of running a lie to the ground for over a century.

No, men and women aren't interchancgable. And that's the end of the argument. You tried and tried to pretend otherwise for decades and decades and now people are just starting to get fed up with this shit. It's simply not true. Traditional societies always had it right. You can scream mysoginy all you want people aren't going to listen anymore.

There's a lot of feminist nonsense in old school games that would be controversial today just because of the storm that's raging over this shit. But whose fault is that? We didn't start this war the SJWs did.

I like tits and ass. I don't see the problem.

I'd understand your concerns if they made her look like a man like in TLOU.

The people who want women to put on uniforms are the same people who want to take your tits and ass away.

Tanya Adams isn't a woman?

tanya_command-and-conquer_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

700427-ra3_tanya2.jpg

Also, pretty sure cop and soldier fetishes are a thing too.

I mean, yeah there's your super realistic women in armor crowd who don't want to recognize that there's a woman underneath all that gear, but there's also those who like seeing hot women in uniform.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The attack on femininity and the masculization of women go hand in hand. You are not allowed to have cute women for the same reason you are not allowed to have male heroes.

Exactly. It's really funny how people are so conditioned that they don't notice the subversion.

"Right, we're gonna emancipate women!"

"Cool, how are you going to do that?"

"Well, we're gonna have women do all the roles that men have done - be corporate wage slaves, die in wars, etc., etc. Conversely, they'll be looked down upon if they do the things that women have traditionally been admired for, like being good at being a mother."

Apparently this makes perfect sense to some people.

Well, we were conditioned by the Sarah Connors and the other "cool female characters" from the 90s and Noughties. In context then, it was a cute novelty to have a gung-ho female lead, kinda sexy. Funnily enough, I never thought of Sarah Connor herself as taking on a man's role, on the contrary it seemed more like a "fierce mother's" role. Even Sigourney Weaver's character had that sort of rationale. The first tirst time I noticed a woman really taking on a man's role properly was the machine gunner in Aliens - and she was pretty damn cool, and she looked kinda chunky so you thought maybe she was just unusually strong for a girl. (Prior to all that it was just some superheroes - but superpowers change the game somewhat, so it makes sense that you can have some female superheroes.)

But this is how subversion works. You get used to the thin end of the wedge, then eventually you realize you're being fisted.

I do feel a bit sorry for people who just want to make something with a cool female lead - the shitstorm the descends on them. But one has to understand the context, and the meaning of the term, "the straw that broke the camel's back."

orcinator

Liturgist
Remember when you said GZDoom doesn't do physics in page 1?
After trying that horror mod that got mentioned earlier in the thread it looks like gzdoom can do a lot of things.
(I did get weird stuttering because I forgot what setting I was supposed to turn on to avoid that problem)

Riskbreaker

I'm sure that the option to go light on the effects will be appreciated, as much for the performance as for the visibility during intense action. Some gameplay mods already did this.
get your art guy to look at some F.A.Girls if you want that mecha musume vibe.
s-l640.jpg
The acronym is, of course, purely coincidental.

Alex

Arcane
You a homo or something?

No, you don't understand. Women. The snakes in our midst! The horror of having a woman as a protagonist, that gives unbearable pain!

(snip...)

Putting women as action heroes in games or movies can't help but make for a worse product. At the very least it adds a jarring aspect to the game that would be better off removed. At worse it tries to change the culture so people lose their ability to understand what is masculine and what is feminine. Women protagonists can work in non action games, like adventure games, though.

And that is not even getting on the issue of anime.

Empary

Scholar
Most of this thread consits of the fags looking for/arguing about a hidden/nonexistent dick or sissyhypno propaganda. lol

Dayyālu

Arcane
what is masculine and what is feminine.

I fully understand that you, as a gay man, have a better understanding of the subject of skirting the feminine than most. Sadly, not being a faggot like you, I enjoy my gals with gats every day. It's a fantasy, bro.

Also, where the FUCK is my GAMEPLAY VIDEO

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/top...and-new-standalone-shooter-running-on-gzdoom/

author said:
I saw that! Really great video and I contacted him to say thanks and he seems like an awesome guy. I do want to point out, though, that Selaco is definitely not pushing GZDoom to its limits, especially not in the same vein as games like Solace Dreams or Total Chaos. People not entirely familiar with the engine may not realize just how much you can do with it, a lot of which we don't even use. We were never looking to be a graphical showcase, but more focused on art direction and overall atmosphere. Either way, seeing someone cover Selaco was amazing and the highlight of my week.

Machocruz

Arcane
All a modern action hero has to do is shoot guns and fall off of some shit, no need to get into hand-to-hand combat situations. Not a high bar. Since stuntwomen exist, I'd say not that big of a leap, within certain boundaries. Policewomen occasionally shoot people, but they don't chase down and tackle 190lb. inner city black kids who play basketball every single day, which is what you see on those stupid TV cop and FBI shows. I don't recall Sarah Connor doing anything that was incredible. "B-b-but she hit a guy and he fall down go boom. Impossible!" Say the career video gamers, armchair philosophers, and software nerds who've never made physical contact with anything besides a plate of pizza rolls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom