Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

flushfire

Augur
Imagine being excited and buying a "remaster" of a 20 year old game you already own, made by a company who hasn't released a great product since 2007.
Can't speak for others but from what I've seen it has potential to be good, I don't like some of the changes being made (after the tracer butt scandal can't really expect everything to stay the same) but they aren't exactly a big deal to me and retaining the gameplay, slowdowns and all, is a good decision to me. I mean I'm not gonna preorder it, but I will buy it if it turns out good for what it is™.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Apparently they kept photoshop-style "drop shadows" , but gave it an angle, and you (still) get sun shadows in dungeons , but at least there will be more meaningful day & night cycle (wonder if this stuff is pre-loaded during load screen).

Mods can fix this and more.

My biggest complaint here is the grating looking slowdowns, I understand that it's a symptom of the underlying engine being nearly untouched, but holy shit does it look horrendous when it happens.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The assassin actually makes me think of a Kim Jong Un if he lost some weight and had a sex change.

Diablo 2: Trannies of Destruction

Reinhardt

Arcane
you-keep-using-that-word-meme.jpg

just

Liturgist
i've finished d2 on default difficulty with a barbarian 20 years ago and i'll never play it again aaahaha hope everyone has a strong jawline fuck you

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
They added turning animations, check how weird it looks at 5:05. Also, it seems there are quite a few FPS drops. And the new UI is terrible.

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO BONE SPEAR?! Why is it a wet fart now, all without the OOOMPH of the original?! Also, lightning (as shown by Mephisto) has the same issue. Why is it so dark in Lut Gholein? I get that it might be evening or dawn, but the place should be much, much brighter.

Cross

Arcane
Blizzard has never been succesful at transitioning their 2D aesthetics to 3D. I never liked the look of Warcraft 3's derpy character models. Now they just seem to be going for the same 'generically photorealistic with woke sensibilities' style all triple-A developers have adopted.

Perkel

Arcane
D4 looks nothing as D1 as far as artstyle and atmosphere go.

sure, if you are blind and retarded. So far from what they have shown D4 looks closer art wise to D1 than to D2.

Blizzard has never been succesful at transitioning their 2D aesthetics to 3D. I never liked the look of Warcraft 3's derpy character models. Now they just seem to be going for the same 'generically photorealistic with woke sensibilities' style all triple-A developers have adopted.

It is not like 2D warcraft games looked great even back then. There were plenty of games looking better. Starting with Command and conquer ending on russian rtses.

Perkel

Arcane
My biggest complaint here is the grating looking slowdowns, I understand that it's a symptom of the underlying engine being nearly untouched, but holy shit does it look horrendous when it happens.

Well damned if you do damned if you don't. Just look at this thread where bunch of retards argue about amazon jawline for past 10 pages. Add to that any change to gameplay and they would be masturbating to no end like bunch of joggers over new rapper album.

Imho they are doing the right thing. If they would patch stuff now people would get outraged but if they will patch it after release when people see this shit and it gets annoying they will probably patch it. D4 is still years away so D2 for now will be their game to play.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You don't understand! Epic store don't need shoping cart! It's gothic horror game store!

tritosine2k

Erudite

Bara

Arcane
Well they announced mod support if some one didn't mention it already.

Maybe modders will make the player characters better.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw paladin was not black. He was just dirty. You know - like that gothic horror thing. Wypipo were dirty until blacks teached them about bathing.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
there is bug(feature?) with stamina where if you run your armor doesn't count

It's a feature. When running defense is set to zero and blocking reduced to 1/3.

That's why HC runs are so fun, simply walking instead of running makes it a lot more atmospheric, more like Diablo I.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom