Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Offline Mobile Games

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Screenshot_20210427-040522_One UI Home.jpg

This is the DELIGHTFUL NINE.
Tens of thousands of hours of gaming in all different genres and settings. Very high quality. Anyway, they don't need a connection and only cost me $30 combined. Took me five years to make this list, and here it is!

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There's like two other threads about this.
Also Dead Cells and Minecraft do not play great on touchscreen, no.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Heroes of Steel is a real good one, too. Thanks for the list. gotta search dungeons of chaos now. :)

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They both play great. Terraria plays like ass.
Anythin real time with virtual buttons plays like wet garbage.
MC's is better but its not ideal. Don't even know how the fuck people play Dead Cells.

EDIT: That's not to say it's not playable, but it's not good (or even nearly as comfortable as a controller).

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
N-Gage Worms World Party
N-Gage 2 Reset Generation

ADL

Prophet
I tend to install my games off fDroid and there's this roguelike dungeon crawler game that's open source and been forked a hundred times that's pretty good. Check it out. If you're willing to pay for a closed source game on the app store or whatever check out Threes. It's been ripped off and you can get a free alternative but I don't know how they're monetized and the original creator deserves your three bucks. Can be played entirely offline.
https://shatteredpixel.com/

Also the classic BrickBreaker

Just Locus

Educated
The Entire Cut the Rope Franchise(aside from the subway surfers and Talking Tom clone) Is really enjoyable and even the other games from Zaptos(the game company) offer great mobile games as well.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shattered Pixel Dungeon is a great mini rouge-like and I'd definitely recommend for a phone/tablet.

manifest

Educated
I haven't played anything but Chess on my phone since Plants vs Zombies was new.

EyesOnYou

Literate
1-bit Ninja was good if you like arcades with score-chasing.
Also they solved controls by making you going only forward (however you can use special walls on stages to make you change direction, pretty smart).
Yes, you had to jump off the arrows mid-air. Kewl! Also, chain jumps on heads for lulz and scoring
To be honest, it was so much better than whatever shit Nintendo released as "official mario mobile game", but just like most iOS games from 2008-2014 era (BEST era, before it shifted to f2p gacha apocalypsis, and before Aplle MASSACRED so many apps with 32-bit tragedy), it never gained that much attention.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom