Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Most fighter types want some CHR for the Intimidation but for superface there are several CHR-based classes like Archaeologist or Espionage Expert that work well.

Or just play Master of All and get all the skills:

Master.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
I don't know how anyone is playing anything but Arcane Rider. How cool is this shit:

Arcane Rider.jpg

Notice the sweet new feature where it tells you exactly what you gain (green plus) with each archetype and what you lose (red x). This one's for you, Hap.
Barding.jpg

Mounted Combat is getting there. Now with Barding.

Desiderius

Patron
Tons of great new stuff in pics coming tomorrow.

And, no, of course they didn't fix Second Mystery. Infinitron get them on this shit, it's important. Daeran needs his mount.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Quick, suggest me a decent melee class that also doubles down as a competent "face" for the party.
Nature Oracle - use the Assimar subrace that gives +Str and +Cha. Pump those two stats at chargen, dumping Dex.

At level 1, take the Mystery that gives you a pet - give your Oracle a polearm and let the pet do most of the work in the early game. The next important point is level 3 with the other Nature mystery that allows you to use Cha in place of your Dex for AC bonus.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
September 2? Hope the game is on a playable state compared to Kingmaker.

Already way more playable, at least for me. I just wish they hadn't announced a date yet, or at least are comfortable pushing it back if need be.

This new beta patch is really buggy for me. Characters becoming invisible after crossing certain doors, pause not working after playing turn based mode, T posing charaters and y dwarf becoming human in inventory screen for a split second everytime...
At least I got the time and I'm writing lots of feedbacks.

razvedchiki

Erudite
1 lvl of aldori swordlord gives you 1.5 dex to dmg if you are already dex defender( only other way to get 1.5 dex is 3 lvls of rogue).
Rest is good if you also are intimidating else take 1 lvl if you are dex defender.
Also its the only class where combat expertise is worth taking if you go deep enough and manage to squize the feat somewhere.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If the patch makes the game worse then uninstall everything and reinstall the whole game. During several weeks of inactivity who remembers what he did or did not with the previous version.

On the other hand, my game seems to be working OK after the patch.

Efe

Erudite
I think they have some debug system running. UI and decapitation effects cause massive slowdown at times.

Desiderius

Patron
What's the general consensus about Aldori Swordlords? A complete dud or a prestige class with some merits?

Best class for P:K MC. Silky smooth, low maintenance, and thematic.

Other things going on in Wrath, but perfectly serviceable and could turn out to be sneaky good if they use a lot of Morale, Competence, and Insight Bonuses on late game tough mobs.

AD10/AS10 can use Fighting Defensively and Combat Expertise constantly since both classes have abilities that cancel the penalties. You own anything you can Disarm and do solid damage against things you can’t while also covering Trickery and Intimidation duties.

Last edited:
What's the general consensus about Aldori Swordlords? A complete dud or a prestige class with some merits?

Best class for P:K MC. Silky Smooth and low maintenance.

Other things going on here, but perfectly serviceable and could turn out to be sneaky good if they use a lot of Morale, Competence, and Insight Bonuses on late game tough mobs.

Yeah? Give me some hint on how to build one properly. I've seen people suggesting both defender or Magus as a starting point.

Desiderius

Patron
I like AD5/AS4 then build to taste. Have to have Human since you’re somewhat Feat starved. Need decent stat spread so only 18 DEX and spread the love. Main skills are Perception (for Adaptive Tactics), Persuasion (for Intimidation), and Stealth (for Scouting/Positioning).

Works great with new Weapon Companion, and Wrath lets you make Mirror Image scrolls (there’s also a 25 charge wand) so get UMD if you’re hardcore. I prefer to freeball it.

Desiderius

Patron
By midgame you want to be using Disarming Strike to set up mobs to trigger AoOs with their untrained, unarmed attax. It’s a lot of fun.

Still stuff like Arcane Rider or Master of All seem like more fun just because they’re new.

Desiderius

Patron
I haven’t seen that. Why would they? I did notice that I think they changed it to free Disarm on crit which will eventually be way better than it was in P:K (you got damage but not full damage on Disarm?) tho if you’re critting you don’t really need anything else.

Darth Gnome

Literate
Has Owlcat added any more content, or just cleaned up what we had the last round of beta? Is this the last major beta release?

Last edited:

Darth Gnome

Literate
Has Owlcat added any more content, or just cleaned up what we had the last round of beta? Is this the last major beta release?
If I'm not wrong, the last beta ended at Chapter 3 while this one ends at Chapter 4 (out of 6)

Thanks, not sure where I stopped last time, but it was very incomplete. For anyone playing the latest beta, have they improved world reactivity much?

Desiderius

Patron

They added a shit ton of (great) content and convenience, cleaned up some minor issues that I hadn’t even encountered in 500 hours of testing, ignored all the major issues we reported, and added a bunch of new broken shit that’s mostly just ugly.

Desiderius

Patron

Judging by P:K they do eventually clean things up but they have to wait for it to show up on Discord or YouTube comments or somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom