Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Pets now just level at same rate as master.

Desiderius

Patron
Man Wintersun has enough content for a small cRPG in itself, especially that itemization.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I said - REGEND! Fuck mythics.
Legend does sound like the most OP one. 40 damn levels? Wonder if it has access to mythic feats. Does anyone have some builds in mind?

I'm thinking alchemist 20/dark elementalist 20. With all INT buffs that is something close to 17 uses of soul power, giving you +17 attack and +34 damage from ability alone.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In regards to the tutorial, it sounds like it's Owcat trying to address criticism from the first game that mechanics weren't properly explained.

In fairness that wasn't entirely an unfair assessment. You had a mixture of 3.5 players complaining about changes (not realising that Pathfinder may have changed some of the rules they were used to) and people completely new to both rulesets who were entirely out of their depth.

It does sound like they've made an effort in Wrath to explain more stuff, whether that be via tutorials or more extensive tooltip and information on the UI.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was a teacher. I saw it every day. It was my job.
My experience has been different. Some retards are indeed willing to improve themselves and are capable of making slow progress. But some (most?) are perfectly happy to stay a retard forever and will stubbornly refuse to make the effort or accept help.

It's a matter of motivation more so than capability.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reminds me of one campaign I played where we played Gestalt characters (two different classes on every level up, you take the best feature from either, so highest hitdie and saves etc as well as all class features).

I played a Barbarian/Rogue who got the best of both worlds. Tons of skill ranks and class skills, massive sneak attack dice, barb hit die and attack progression, and of course rage + rage powers.

Gestalt characters are hilariously broken for regular campaigns, but a fun thing on occasion.

Barbarian/Bard is apparently meant to be one of the most broken Gestalt combos, though I've never actually tried it.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
OK.

1. The cloak is not shown on the ragdoll in the inventory screen. I have no headgear yet, so don't know how it works. Is it for everybody?
2. The idea of showing the ability or spell description from the active panel by Shift-RMB is brilliant. Now I want this backported to Kingmaker.

Efe

Erudite
if you had a lot of people behind you or a big name streamer to repeatedly ask for them..
you alone not much chance.

Desiderius

Patron
My experience has been different. Some retards are indeed willing to improve themselves and are capable of making slow progress. But some (most?) are perfectly happy to stay a retard forever and will stubbornly refuse to make the effort or accept help.

Humans are learning machines. If they’re not learning what you’re teaching the problem’s on your end. Usually vanity (see Soyer) sometimes more nefarious (Gamergate suits/wokels).

Make your game for people like yourselves. You’ll make a better game because you care more about it and people will enjoy being among friends.

Desiderius

Patron
Wrath tutorials are groundbreaking and the in-game encyclopedia is approaching Civ IV Civilopedia already. Need to get d20 people to help polish it.

Parabalus

Arcane
The amount of information the PF games bombard you with is pretty epic. If you never saw 3.0 before you'd have a hard time.

Desiderius

Patron
Alright now that we can go to the gym without masks give me a couple months and I’ll learn how to stream.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

Humans are learning machines. If they’re not learning what you’re teaching the problem’s on your end. Usually vanity (see Soyer) sometimes more nefarious (Gamergate suits/wokels).

Make your game for people like yourselves. You’ll make a better game because you care more about it and people will enjoy being among friends.
You said you were a teacher. How do you motivate someone who is unwilling to help himself? I am genuinely curious. Maybe over pms, if you want to share and not derail the thread?

Desiderius

Patron
You really believe there are mammals, let alone humans, uninterested in helping themselves? That survived a billion years of evolution?

I’ve got a Bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. DM if interested.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
How do you motivate someone who is unwilling to help himself?
GULAG is a good motivator. Some popes even became writers there.

I am not a teacher, though.

That survived a billion years of evolution?
You're forgetting one simple and dirty fact: if a species survived some evolution it does not mean that every being of this species survived. Or even left fertile children.

To be precise, this is exactly the nature of natural selection and, thus, the evolution: survival of the fittest. Those who cannot learn are not fitting, and, in an ideal society, should have been kiled or at least castrated.

Desiderius

Patron
Cynics are the most naive people around. Guess that’s why cynic is from the Greek for dog.

At least you’re loyal, so you’ve got that going for you.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
You really believe there are mammals, let alone humans, uninterested in helping themselves? That survived a billion years of evolution?

I’ve got a Bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. DM if interested.
I have met them. More than one, more than a few. People who didn't recognize there was a problem, who thought the problem was with everyone but themselves, who just didn't care because daddy would take care of everything.

So yes, I believe that. As I believe you cannot help someone who doesn't want to help himself.

GULAG is a good motivator. Some popes even became writers there.
Even corporal punishment is frowned upon nowadays. Gulag is right out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom