Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to Kalin

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Read the whole pinned retardo thread if you have time Fanta. It's a legendary Codex drama.

PJ threatened to self-eject over his review being leaked as well after his demands for various people to get banned/punished got ignored by DU.

Edit: PJ threatening to self-eject might actually have been the Tyranny review drama. I lose track. That was another Codex drama.

Wunderbar

Arcane
People still probably think this is Infinitron's endgame.

unknown.png

SGgsKiF.jpg

vE3pAlP.jpg

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
The slippery slope scenario that Cassidy and others imagine for the Codex is incredibly silly. What incentive does a hobby site that earns maybe a few thousand dollars a year, run by a clique of mostly politically right-of-center software/IT professionals in their spare time, have to "go woke" or "sell out"? There is no sinister agenda, we just think some people are tiresome jerks who need to be smacked down occasionally.
I don't know, what incentive do you have to keep posting/quoting EuroGamer/RPS/Polygon/Kotaku etc. pieces, even in cases where it's not even an Excl00sive Preview or similar, but something like a Free Demo you could play yourself and share your opinions about (or delegate)? https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ess-on-august-5th.103982/page-15#post-7365325

What incentive do you have to shill for shitty Tumblr Indie games like "Mechajammer" and similar, to fanboy over every Obsidian game and post 10000 KickStarter Updates?

What incentive do you have to autismally replace every OP/starter post for any game, which might be interesting, credulous, contain old information or Screenshots, valuable opinion or even outright shit on a game and act like a time-machine sometimes 5-10 years into the past to the initial Announcement, with a template consisting of a link to the Official™ website/an Official™ Trailer (even if it doesn't load due to YouTube filters) and links to where you can buy the game on Steam/GOG/Epic Games?

What incentive do you have to move unflattering posts about/against specific developers/games or about certain design decisions they made away from the public and prying eyes of their Sacred™ main threads?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
As I've said before, I'm more than aware of the various inadequacies of staff. Unfortunately I can't clone myself yet(1) so we'll have to do with what we've got.

Unless there are any other volunteers?

(1) One of the clones would have to be forced to write content against its will. I have various options here. Possibly even a rotating roster where we all chip in. The chance of the content hostage clone going rogue is pretty high.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
black cube
You mean this?
main-qimg-e3c6f19a6fabc1a31fc89a40bd3715bc.webp

The black cube is as much a symbol of Saturn as the hexagram/hexagon. In fact, a cube is generally by occultists as the three-dimensional analogia of the two-dimensional hexagon. A cube consists of six equally-sized faces, whereas a hexagon consists of six equally-sized lines.

A cube is therefore interpreted as the symbol of a box: imprisonment within the current aeon (to use a gnostic term). Often, the six faces of the cube are symbolic of the six directions of space: up, down, left, right, in, out. Or a fatality combo.

Another interesting association between the modern clownworld and Saturn is the ancient Roman pagan festival of Saturnalia, which was believed to be a time when everything was upside-down and opposite of normal. There was a lot of debauchery and permitted violence, servants would be served at the table by their masters, everyone wore weird rainbow-colored clothes, etc. etc. etc. In many ways the 21st century so far is one overly-long Saturnalia.
world-trade-center-1.jpg

huh

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
As I've said before, I'm more than aware of the various inadequacies of staff. Unfortunately I can't clone myself yet(1) so we'll have to do with what we've got.

(1) One of the clones would have to be forced to write content against its will. I have various options here. Possibly even a rotating roster where we all chip in. The chance of the content hostage clone going rogue is pretty high.
You must have a contingency ready for when you clone(s) will inevitably believe they are the original you. Happens all the time.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yes, a clone will always be your rival and might want to kill you to usurp your place. Many such cases.

Better just take a page from Brian Reynold's Alpha Centauri and create a servile race of artificial humanoids a'la Genejacks, beings genetically engineered to be fully obedient and incapable of flaws present in the human race such as greed, shilling, butthurt and love of RtwP combat.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

Another kid's game: to actually give the one who is screaming the most some mod rights (not admin, ofc) and demonstrate why you are adult and him is not where he is inevitably fucks up and hated by the crowd of his former pals.
Will the KKKodex survive without the relentless copypasta of articles that anyone can find in the internet by himself?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

You must have a contingency ready for when you clone(s) will inevitably believe they are the original you. Happens all the time.
Amateurs.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
What was that drama about,old man ? It was before me time and i haven't heard about it.

I think these two posts give the crux of Roxorgate:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...illars-of-eternity.98676/page-41#post-3877744

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...illars-of-eternity.98676/page-41#post-3877770
I went and read those, since I've missed it as well. I've also read reviews of POE from Grunker (review), Darth Roxor (review) and Prime Junta (review). Didn't play the game.
Gotta say, Roxor is more articulate and persuading than the others.

Also,
When I first finished Pillars of Eternity, it was with an odd sensation of disappointed near-fulfillment. Like I just eaten a fine meal seasoned with ash. Everything from the gameplay to the story showed infinite promise, but nothing quite delivered on the theoretical potential.
before that, I never saw people saying "it's shit" in so many words before. That is, unless they were politicians.

And, since we're discussing drama, I must say that I find all that hate of Infinitron really distasteful and excessive. You all should be more civil and restrained. After all, poor chap would probably be dealt with soon. His behaviour gives jews a bad name.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The incentive to post news about crappy games is to appear "indispensable" which in turn resulted in mod and even admin powers.

Infi is LARPing the Zionist takeover of society on an Internet forum.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
What incentive do you have to
He. Posts. News.

Really every single time I think I am the most mentally ill person on here I read outright garbage about news on a fucking video game web site. Please get laid people. Games are important but you have a life outside this screen too you fucking retards. Infinitron is not getting paid to post news for you morons. Your inclined taste is only informed by information on this web site otherwise you would still be retarded like everyone else so fuck off.

There are too many schizos here. If it was up to the crazy people here the only reviews up would be for UnderRail, Pathfinder, and Serpent in the Staglands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom