Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Move jRPG above ALL ELSE on the main board

Maxie

How many JRPGs are on the Codex top 100 compared to WRPGs.
The Codex's top CRPGs list may not contain many JRPGs, but it does have a JRPG as the #1 spot:

150087-planescape-torment-windows-front-cover.png
jrpgs have good combat. this pile of shit has nothing

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Aren't you banned? You pixelated cunt. Jrpgs will have turn based with 0 character creation and 0 positioning and 30 spells that all do the same thing with slightly higher numbers and people will call it interesting because they pulled off a nuzlocke challenge and it was totally challenging and required you to think...

I've never met a group of people who are so apathetic to mediocrity in my life.

Maxie

Aren't you banned? You pixelated cunt. Jrpgs will have turn based with 0 character creation and 0 positioning and 30 spells that all do the same thing with slightly higher numbers and people will call it interesting because they pulled off a nuzlocke challenge and it was totally challenging and required you to think...

meanwhile pst has nothing of the sort
it has nothing of any sort

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

It has character creation, and later the ability to choose your characters progression. It has positioning. It has varied spells. Even the most simple wcrpg combat wise is more interesting than the most complex jrpg.

Maxie

It has character creation, and later the ability to choose your characters progression. It has positioning. It has varied spells. Even the most simple wcrpg combat wise is more interesting than the most complex jrpg.
not picking wizard invalidates the whole game both exp gains wise and storyfag plot dump wise
positioning means bodyblocking ppl
varied spells you run out of two monsters down the hatch then you just run through everything in kurst because it's a waste of time
please replay pst in current year before claiming it's something it is not

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

not picking wizard invalidates the whole game both exp gains wise and storyfag plot dump wise
varied spells you run out of two monsters down the hatch then you just run through everything in kurst because it's a waste of time
And yet even with all of that, it's more interesting and more rpg than any other jrpg.

Maxie

And yet even with all of that, it's more interesting and more rpg than any other jrpg.
it's simply not

Reinhardt

Arcane

Planet Escape story is typical jrpg with all its cliches. And story is all it have. Basically it's just VN.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I thought high school students aren't allowed to show shoulders in school? At least the fatty is realistic enough. Plenty of fat ugly people around, and I believe ugly people deserver to exist.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Codex's latest WRPG obsession has you serving a dyke and her lesbian orc partner.
Fucking disgusting.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
W'RPG': make sure you succeed in random computer-generated d20 rolls or miss half your attacks, quest items or loot. Get drenched in the ugliest of the uglies' uterine juices.
JRPG: use your brain for proper tactics and revel in your success. Enjoy well-drawn, aesthetically-pleasing art, made for that specific purpose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom