Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Gear Strive - ArcSys fighting game

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Up to floor 9 :positive:

People know how to counter I-No here :negative:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I would like to play Strive but I'm having too much fun learning Johnny in +R.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/post-1374/
New Developer's Backyard, we are getting a patch next friday.

To begin with a partial discussion of the changes to game mechanics, we have revised the qualities of Faultless Defense, extended overall input buffer time, and increased the time window for throw clashes.
For changes across characters, we have revised the start-up time for their fastest normals, the way counters work for aerial normals, and increased the number of moves that can be canceled into jump or air dash.
Although this update will only adjust the game balance, the team is working hard on the next character at the moment, so please wait for the next announcement.
Aside from changes to the battles, this update also reduces the time required to authenticate the online server when launching the game.<br>
Our tests in North America have confirmed that the update reduces connection time significantly.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
i hope they fixed connection
Initial login to the game (infamous "communicating with server" stage) is said to be much quicker.

This is a huge patch, a ton of system changes open up a lot of possibilities plus a bunch of character-specific changes. That's almost a new game (like GGXX to GGXX #re). I'm hype!

Sunri

Liturgist
https://youtu.be/ekm5yHkZWK4

615c772685f22.jpg

615c771ecc84c.jpg

PEACH

Arbiter
i hope they fixed connection

Seems improved but you'll still benefit from running Totsugeki from what I can tell.

https://github.com/optix2000/totsugeki

Patch itself looks good. I like that they're open to adding more combo routes, jump/air dash cancels, and entirely new properties to characters instead of just tweaking numbers. The game has a solid core but can only benefit from further opening up its systems and options to be at least a little more in line with the rest of the series.

Glad Faust got some much needed buffs. Haven't been able to feel out how significant they are yet, but on paper they look pretty nice and should inch him closer to being where he needs to be.

Overall I'm really pleased with the direction arcsys is taking the game, I just hope they fix some of the technical issues sooner than later because, despite improvements, the online infrastructure outside of matches themselves still isn't where it should be. A mandatory benchmark before playing online and proper ping and wifi indicators would be nice too but I'm extremely doubtful we'll ever see those so I'll settle for improving what's already there for the time being.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Yeah it's still slow as shit. Connects pretty fast with Totsugeki tho so whatever. Just funny ArcSys cannot just copy what this one modder did.

I-No got a few nice buffs. Her fireball is much better now, faster, easier to guide and seems to charge up to multiple hits faster. Far slash is more useful. Haven't really tested the jump cancels but it should help her mixups. Seems nearly every character got some buffs.

Sunri

Liturgist
Yeah it's still slow as shit. Connects pretty fast with Totsugeki tho so whatever. Just funny ArcSys cannot just copy what this one modder did.

I-No got a few nice buffs. Her fireball is much better now, faster, easier to guide and seems to charge up to multiple hits faster. Far slash is more useful. Haven't really tested the jump cancels but it should help her mixups. Seems nearly every character got some buffs.
I'm happy with ram changes so i'm just doing the same thing as always spam them in the corner and if they click a button i use super
861693157002444830.png

Generic-Giant-Spider

Faust and Ky buffs huh.

cracks knuckles

May have to make a special delivery on Floor 10.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron

New character will be revealed this Saturday during Red Bull Kumite. For now we get this teaser.

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I'm pumped for that Red Bull tournament. It's gonna be an in-person event in Vegas. I *think* it'll be the first major in-person tournament for Strive.

Rooting for my I-No brother Diaphone, the only competitor who actually won his way into the tourney. Everyone else was invited.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bad music, bad aesthetics, bad animations.

It's a shame because a gunslinger character is interesting concept.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Okay I apologize to the fat guy from a few months back.

THAT is the shittiest DLC character by far.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Got my first challenge for celestial today and got smacked down by a Sol.

Getting 5 Ws without losing more than once is going to be brutal :stunned:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom