Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Spy DNA - realistic tactical combat with genetically enhanced agents

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Was just thinking about this game for some reason. Any updates on the progress? Zombra?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Angelo85 I just double checked my email archive and the 01-08-2020 update is the most recent communication from shysnake. I hope Alex and Jason are doing okay!

1499299431548-9SXGBG6E5F7AWQ4PCAH6

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just double checked my email archive and the 01-08-2020 update is the most recent communication from shysnake.
CORRECTION there was a blog update in May 2020:

MAY 16, 2020
Shy Snake’s got their hands full
DEVELOPERS
snake+with+tools

We’re working on a few things here, one is almost done, and the others will follow soon after.

Thing One is one of those quick changes that turn out really big and involved. The idea was to switch out the scripting language we used in missions and dialog flows to help Alex write and debug missions quicker.

If you ever did a DIY project of your own, you know that sometimes, you open things up and go, “Well, while we’re in here, might as well do that other thing I was meaning to do.” And soon you have a disassembled motor on your dining room table and tools on every available surface, and there’s no turning back, just through. So, good news, we’re almost at the point where the motor goes back in. Jason will write up a blog post about that soon. Once the motor is in, that is.

As soon as the motor is back in and running, we’ll push an update to the Beta channel on Steam. You should see some stability and performance improvements from that. The maps should load quicker, for example.

Now Thing Two is directly tied to that first bit. While Jason’s been working on pulling things apart and putting them back together again, Alex was using the new scripting language to create new missions, which are now just waiting for a bit of testing and polish before they can be added to the game for you to play. That bit will come a little while after Thing One is up on Steam.

So stay tuned, and we’ll have a new shiny version for you to play with soon.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I hope they're alright.

I was actually looking forward to this game. Sadly, I doubt it'll ever see the light of the day.

shysnake

Shy Snake
Developer
We’re not dead, more like undead. The events of 2020 caused some, er, challenges.

The good news is we took the feedback we got from playtesting seriously and then went on to make some (probably too ambitious) changes. What changed?

The biggest change is how we create missions. I don’t want to go into too much detail as a few bits are still in flux. But the most visible change is the dramatically larger maps at 8x8km. Multiple missions will generally be played on one map, the territory of an enemy faction. Each mission carves out a subsection of the map, size depending on the mission type, but like before. We wanted to provide more mission-to-mission continuity by making the backdrop of any given mission places where future mission may happen.

What has not changed at all is the combat system and party. We are still focused on as realistic of combat experience as we can provide. We also want the interaction with your team to be the focus of the dialog.

Thanks for continuing to follow the development of SpyDNA. Fell free to ask questions, I’ll now go try to figure out why I stopped getting notification of new posts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom