Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was mondblut banned?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do you understand the concept of shitskinned retards ?

I think so, they're easy to recognize:

Wumao2-Winnie.png
Said the wench that burned her old account because it lost a bet and was butthurt about the name lol.

DraQ

Arcane
yea but it shouldn't be. I got my own personal hangups but just because there's some people here who, when they post, leave a bad taste in my mouth from reading their drivel doesn't mean I advocate kicking them off the site. Sure my kneejerk reaction might be something like that, I'm only a flawed human being but the forum is better for having some diversity in perspective, don't you think? otherwise it'd just be yet another echo chamber.
How about this then:
It's a discussion forum called "RPGCodex" - how about we require people here to be able and willing to:
a) discuss!!
b) discuss RPGs specifically?

Would those expectations turn it into an echo chamber?
More than it already is with the reverberating simian screams drowning out everything else?

If you don't like the Codex, you can always leave to more "sane" places like Resetera or RPG Watch. For some mysterious reason you don't like those places, yet want to turn the Codex into one of them. You're just another lefty dumbfuck who wants to get rid of the very thing which makes the Codex a popular place which he enjoys visiting.

I think he is just forgetting how forgiving the Codex has been.
You need more past tense here. And that's the fucking problem.

Also, "REEEEera" "sane" :hahano:
That's the problem here, no one wants that particular brand of "sanity".

I, at least, don't want "more restrictions", I only want to get rid of psychologically degenerate people, a whole bunch of them.

And the only way to do that is taking away what they come for in the first place.
...so you do want more restrictions, because that's how you will get rid of the people you don't like.
Actually I want less restrictions. Given that something seems to be forcing DU's hand and that the forums are hardly usable with all the clowns running rampant this particular omelette might require breaking some eggs.
Still, I'd rather keep freedom of speech, insensitive jokes included, and only have the users who sometimes say something worth saying that to suffer the shit swirly of everyone who comes here for the freedom to speak their mind without bringing that mind along and who won't be getting that freedom anyway because censorship kicks in - the latter looks like "everyone loses" kind of scenario.

And no, that most of those I would get rid of are some variety of alt-right nutjobs doesn't paint me as SJW lefty (if only because SJWs being thin-skinned don't last long here). Those I would leave are pretty evenly distributed across political spectrum, including some of its more disagreeable corners, and sometimes come with rather unexpected levels and kinds of degeneracy as well, amusingly enough. The important difference being that they do write shit worth reading at least once in a while, which should be the litmus test for the membership or at least freedom to stir shit up.

Why so egalitarian? We should weigh people based on contributions, current and past. Shitposting is not a right. It's a privilege of not being a shitposter.

I'm leaving because it's becomming ResetEra#1,000.

You've been here long enough not to take DU's regular trolling seriously. If he was in real danger, he would not be solving it by creating a word filter for one word.

But since you've already made up your mind, hope you find a better place.
I'm going by his explanation about the recent rulings - he's not currently in danger but it's obvious where things are going because the high court wants to draft everyone into the fight against hate speech.
Why so egalitarian? We should weigh people based on contributions, current and past. Shitposting is not a right. It's a privilege of not being a shitposter.
Hard no. I come here to escape cancerous favoritism based on how much of a cool oldfag a poster is.

Respect is fine, no one has to like everyone. "Freedom to stir shit up" that others don't have because you earned some "merit" is cancerous favoritism that reminds me of those resetera thread where an oldfag says something amazingly retarded and a newer user that dares to tell him so gets slapped with a timeout for "antagonizing community member".

This is why I was disagreeing with the "wtf, it's mondblut!!!" people earlier in the thread by the way. Being old and well liked doesn't make you immune to the rules, even if the rules are ghey.

mogwaimon

Magister
yea but it shouldn't be. I got my own personal hangups but just because there's some people here who, when they post, leave a bad taste in my mouth from reading their drivel doesn't mean I advocate kicking them off the site. Sure my kneejerk reaction might be something like that, I'm only a flawed human being but the forum is better for having some diversity in perspective, don't you think? otherwise it'd just be yet another echo chamber.
How about this then:
It's a discussion forum called "RPGCodex" - how about we require people here to be able and willing to:
a) discuss!!
b) discuss RPGs specifically?

Would those expectations turn it into an echo chamber?
More than it already is with the reverberating simian screams drowning out everything else?

the general RPG discussion subforum already has the most discussion on the site, and you can't even access the off-topic/general discussion section until you've either joined up for a year or given patreon bux. your requirements already exist, what more do you want? Furthermore, as a community people do enjoy the opportunity to discuss things not related to RPGs, frankly I enjoy browsing many of the topics in General Gaming regarding Doom wads and some of the write-ups for Thief and Blood fan missions and sometimes I drop by the Public Library to see what people are watching/reading just to broaden my horizons a bit. Hell I don't even go to General RPG as often as I should, I typically hang out in JRPG because I'm a weeb, is that so wrong? if all else fails, the moderation team has been kind enough to implement an ignore function so that you don't even have to see the posts of the 'human trash' that you seem to hate.

DraQ

Arcane
Respect is fine, no one has to like everyone. "Freedom to stir shit up" that others don't have because you earned some "merit" is cancerous favoritism that reminds me of those resetera thread where an oldfag says something amazingly retarded and a newer user that dares to tell him so gets slapped with a timeout for "antagonizing community member".
Yeah, have it occurred to you that it might be because timeout for "antagonizing community member" is pants-on-head retarded idea to begin with?

But you do need to weigh how much crap can you afford to put up with from someone and this will be a different amount depending on whether this someone is contributing anything or just running around spamming "lol, nigtards".

I typically hang out in JRPG because I'm a weeb, is that so wrong?
Being a weeb? Absolutely.

Ladonna

Arcane
if all else fails, the moderation team has been kind enough to implement an ignore function so that you don't even have to see the posts of the 'human trash' that you seem to hate.

This should be enough to shut the whiners up. It isn't though, which suggests they want something else from the deal. Possibly to enforce their views on everyone else? hmmm

Ladonna

Arcane
But you do need to weigh how much crap can you afford to put up with from someone and this will be a different amount depending on whether this someone is contributing anything or just running around spamming "lol, nigtards".

Why don't you just put people you don't like on ignore?

DraQ

Arcane

Why don't you just put people you don't like on ignore?
Because it doesn't solve the problem?

My problem is fucktards dragging this site down - now in one additional way, not me being butthurt at them.
I'm currently only ignoring Atlantico due to him being massive obnoxious moron who could easily be replaced with a script spamming :retarded:rating and two users who were more bother than it was worth at the time I shitlisted them.
I don't believe in peace via self imposed information bubbles. :obviously:

Lambach

Arcane
Funnily enough, I don't remember a single quality recent post from our would-be arbiter of "quality" posts/posters, DraQ .Maybe he had some in the past, but currently he's a boring, bland faggot with absolutely nothing interesting to say and spends most of his time being a whiny Karen about this website rather than, you know, actually participating in it.

tl;dr - Eat shit, you inbred fucking nigtard.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
We all encounter people we think are dragging the site down. It's called diversity. You wouldn't want to make the Codex less diverse, would you? Sounds awfully bigotted.

Semiurge

Cipher
We all encounter people we think are dragging the site down. It's called diversity. You wouldn't want to make the Codex less diverse, would you? Sounds awfully bigotted.

The issue is beyond political opinions. This is the true meaning of "toxic forums" - What it really stands for is antisocial members fouling their nests, which leads to infighting and self-ejections. Opinions become irrelevant when the paranoid and vicious make sure that they alienate everyone around them except for the equally crazy, who like them, have nothing to lose. They, despite their zeal, are the snakes that bite the breast that nursed them to health. Or the forum that invited them in with open arms.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
You're not giving DarkUnderlord nor RPG Codex a lot of credit here, Lambach.

He's laid out clearly, concisely, verbosely even, why he's forced to make some changes here.
Where is this?

EDIT: Crispy, it's a legitimate question. If there's been a big thread on this topic I missed it.

Last edited:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Retardomat has a point there, Lady Retard is a complete and total weasel. Juggling accounts like that. What a whore. *sips*

As far as regularly burning accounts due to butthurt, nobody comes even close to your track record, Liberal.

Now the question is: Will you break down again and pay for GD access or wait a year and spam Site Feedback instead?

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Retardomat has a point there, Lady Retard is a complete and total weasel. Juggling accounts like that. What a whore. *sips*

As far as regularly burning accounts due to butthurt, nobody comes even close to your track record, Maxie.

Now the question is: Will you break down again and pay for GD access or wait a year and spam Site Feedback instead?
I have no idea what you're talking about, Lady Retard. :smug: Why aren't you abiding by the rules of your bet, btw?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom