Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
krangled_volls.png

I actually got it, but I'm missing a 15% lochtanials and mine are all corrupted reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Absinthe

Arcane
i recall once i tried elemental hit but it just sucked too much half way through the campaign. One day I will do it! Dont want to now as I have too many uniques to make leveling easy.
I must say I keep eyeing some wand stuff for extra pain
Elemental Hit used to be really fucking good in Closed Beta, but then they nerfed the shit out of it and it never recovered. The only trick to Ehit these days is to use 2x Combat Focus and convert everything into probably fire damage with Avatar of Fire and throw in Pyre with the catalyst so it converts 48%, but they nerfed Combat Focus to halve the damage you get from the other elements. Other than that you just go Pathfinder and use the Barrage support gem with some extra projectiles and try to make it chain while collecting huge crit.

Once you have that worked out you can actually stack flat phys (if you're got another 50% phys to fire conversion anyway) and fire damage with ele hit, but honestly Ele Hit suffered massively from the nerfs to support gems, since its damage wasn't raised to compensate for it.

Elemental Equilibrium never not did anywhere near enough for non-Avatar of Fire ehit with its retarded new design (and the newly nerfed EE has wrecked that interaction some more). I liked old ehit much better, which was just a massive wad of random elemental damage and didn't fucking disable all other damage from your attack. If they want new ehit's design to work they should just make the flat damage explode and fucking kill Combat Focus.

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
aaaand it's gone. Was a fun 6 hours trying to get the build together, spamming maps, scouring helmets, trying to scrounge up Divines to make the Lochtonials. RIP aura-stacker.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I bought a bunch of voll's early on for stonks figured they'd either become really cheap or be quickly deleted, build didn't even look that impressive.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i want to do ssf attack build and im eyeing wands for some time. Couldnt decide until now between occultist and deadeye, but then I do like curses.

So... how viable would occultist with 3 curses be? Probably 2 on blasphemy with some mark. Normally I would just go for it but I did notice that occultist no longer gets extra chaos per curse that I would utilize hard with this.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
God I fucking hate this game sometimes.

Was trying to get the expedition challenge as my 24th, as I was only missing the underground area from that. Farmed a fuckton of maps in Lira Arthain, no logbooks. Dannig had one for sale but I didn't have the cash and he was not appearing either. Finally one dropped and I finished the challenge. Then, what happens in the first random map I do in Valdo after finishing the challenge? I get an expedition encounter that drops a logbook. Fuck you GGG.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah that kind of looting is shitty. Goy my only logbook and blueprint in acts and after that zero drops on both end. I'm nearly 90 level and farming red maps....

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
you also missed the part where I play ssf :happytrollboy:

its more like finding your own fun really
Thankfully elemental hit barely scales off of your weapon DPS, totally mitigating the problem
I ran ele hit once. Its fun, but the dps tanked super hard past white maps and become nigh unplayable. I basically skipped every map boss in yellow maps unless I had to kill it for map completion, and it usually took a few portals of potion restores.

Absinthe

Arcane
i want to do ssf attack build and im eyeing wands for some time. Couldnt decide until now between occultist and deadeye, but then I do like curses.

So... how viable would occultist with 3 curses be? Probably 2 on blasphemy with some mark. Normally I would just go for it but I did notice that occultist no longer gets extra chaos per curse that I would utilize hard with this.
I'd say do Assassin or perhaps even Berserker with Power Siphon. Maybe do a ridiculous life-stacking build so you can Bloodthirst for the scaling Wands provide.

Frenzy Wand builds are also entertaining, but you don't want to be SSF for that.

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

Don't do it, man. You have friend and family who care about you, c'mon!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
you also missed the part where I play ssf :happytrollboy:

its more like finding your own fun really
Thankfully elemental hit barely scales off of your weapon DPS, totally mitigating the problem
I ran ele hit once. Its fun, but the dps tanked super hard past white maps and become nigh unplayable. I basically skipped every map boss in yellow maps unless I had to kill it for map completion, and it usually took a few portals of potion restores.
problem with ele hit on ssf is how you dont deal dmg with other elements. Without those extra increments on rings and other pieces of eq your dmg goes down.
Not having amazing weapon at lvl sucks but at the same time with curent state of crafting it aint that hard to craft something reasonable every 10 lvls

I'd say do Assassin or perhaps even Berserker with Power Siphon. Maybe do a ridiculous life-stacking build you can Bloodthirst for the scaling perks.

Frenzy Wand builds are also entertaining, but you don't want to be SSF for that.
too many options. At this point i might do ice shot deadeye instead

Sharpedge

Prophet
aaaand it's gone. Was a fun 6 hours trying to get the build together, spamming maps, scouring helmets, trying to scrounge up Divines to make the Lochtonials. RIP aura-stacker.
I made 750c out of that bug due to the overinflated price of the chest piece. I drop like 5-10 of them a map :D I can't believe people thought it wasn't going to get fixed. Its still possible to reserve every aura, it just takes a significant investment into attribute stacking now to make it work and I don't really think you could build that kind of character offensively.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah there are still aurabots/stackers this league (without using the fixed 0 mana exploit), it just takes way more investment.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
im glad ive returned to my wanderer. Tried gems I never did or wasnt even aware.
power siphon + barrage turns into neat machine gun. I assume split arrow would do same? Surprising part is how those missiles appear to auto target, like regular power siphon did.
Then there is spellslinger support that is completely new to me. Sniper mark on it with barrage is quite cool.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Arcanist brand works with snipers mark against packs.

But where is hard mode? Scarcity is hard(er than it looks) huh? :lol:
Wouldn't be in their shoes now, called out by that CCP regulations guideline, then obvious souls pandering in PoE2 vids...

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
im glad ive returned to my wanderer. Tried gems I never did or wasnt even aware.
power siphon + barrage turns into neat machine gun. I assume split arrow would do same? Surprising part is how those missiles appear to auto target, like regular power siphon did.
Then there is spellslinger support that is completely new to me. Sniper mark on it with barrage is quite cool.
I didn't wanna say anything about your attempt at an actual attack wander, because I thought you knew about Spell Slinger and were rejecting it out of sheer masochism, but yes - most builds that attack with wands use it to trigger Spell Slinger for something like Desecrate into Volatile Dead/Detonate Dead.

If you're only interested in clearing campaign, Essence Drain + Contagion slinging is a very comfy build.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Kjaska I assume the citation needed is for reserving all auras? Here is an aurabot build which has pretty much everything.
it was needed for your claim that you were finding 5-10 voll's per map
I am running 100% delirious t14 towers with a culler who has ~130 quant and ~800 rarity. The maps are beastcrafted up to 6 mods, have nemesis+30-42% beyond, are ran with winged scarabs+elevated sextants as well as prophecies. Each map usually has 150%+ quant and 70%+ packsize That PoB I linked above is my group play character.

*Edit, here is what map preparation looks like.
yfzvkfb.png

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
and you're wasting 6x1 on just 1 egg?
Our loot filter is fairly optimized at this point. 3x2 for 1ex is better than picking up a tabula, which was more or less the alternative. Rare items (unless they are influenced and very specific bases) do not get shown at all - it isn't worth the time to identify them. Most unique items do not get shown, unless its worth more than 10c per inventory slot. Currencies obviously also get shown. Whilst you could in theory make more money per map if you spent more time looking at items, you would make less currency per hour due to being time inefficient and so we are more or less ok with "leaving some money on the ground" so to speak and moving through them relatively quickly.

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite
This just nails it down for me, how we can all play the same game but also play a completely different game.

not to mention you'll get drops down to 20fps in coop with avg pc and MTX and overall it's not such deep content you'd decide to keep a high end PC for . Then without coop you have to be the tank, the caster only to stumble upon shortcomings ad nauseam . No wonder they are exploring scarcity instead :lol: still have high hopes for Wolcen personally.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Our loot filter is fairly optimized at this point. 3x2 for 1ex is better than picking up a tabula, which was more or less the alternative. Rare items (unless they are influenced and very specific bases) do not get shown at all - it isn't worth the time to identify them. Most unique items do not get shown, unless its worth more than 10c per inventory slot. Currencies obviously also get shown. Whilst you could in theory make more money per map if you spent more time looking at items, you would make less currency per hour due to being time inefficient and so we are more or less ok with "leaving some money on the ground" so to speak and moving through them relatively quickly.

Cool story, but I still remain skeptical of you finding even 5 volls in a single map, much less 10. Unless you were running a scourged map with unique rewards.

Sharpedge

Prophet

Cool story, but I still remain skeptical of you finding even 5 volls in a single map, much less 10. Unless you were running a scourged map with unique rewards.

zceQQnA.png

Obviously we don't get this many big drops all the time, but you can see what the screen spam is like.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom