Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So I tested this, Greater Animal Aspect does NOT trigger effects which activate under polymorph effects. So I don't know where you got your information from, but you are wrong.
That's on Owlcat. Don't blame the player, blame the game.
This should be confirmed by the relevant quote from the rules. Preferably with a link.

However, you have already shown your propensity to, erm, "testing".

Edit: I see that the testing table topper has already added at least some confirmation.

Technomancer

Liturgist
some buggy interaction with DKIII, in that you can activate DKIII for +14 STR then switch into Kitsune Human form and keep the bonuses.
Owlcat fucked up similar interactions since kingmaker where you could stack size increase spells which clearly state that they should work on humanoids only with polymorph spells that change you into another creature. Don't think that one is fixed in WotR still.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For the main hero Deliverer is better. The vast majority of the enemies are Chaotic Evil, so Lawful Good Deliverer covers them all.
Lann makes pretty amazing Deliverer. He is LN so he gets extra 2d6 vs anything Chaotic. I have went through many builds for him, but 10 Deliverer/4Thug was the best for generic archery.

Technomancer

Liturgist
This should be confirmed by the relevant quote from the rules. Preferably with a link.
What rules, pretty much all mythic stuff comes from Owlcat so all links lead to in-game abilities.

Master shapeshifter:
Whenever you are become the target of a polymorph effect, all the physical ability scores adjustments are modified by +4.
You learned to use any shapes to the utmost.

So rules as written really don't leave much room for interpretation, should work on any polymorph marked spell whatever the form. Someone forgot to do it properly, the usual.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
For the main hero Deliverer is better. The vast majority of the enemies are Chaotic Evil, so Lawful Good Deliverer covers them all.
Lann makes pretty amazing Deliverer. He is LN so he gets extra 2d6 vs anything Chaotic. I have went through many builds for him, but 10 Deliverer/4Thug was the best for generic archery.
I haven't tried Lann yet, but after reading the class progression of the Zen Archer I think I will try his pure build first. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Yosharian

Arcane
So rules as written really don't leave much room for interpretation, should work on any polymorph marked spell whatever the form. Someone forgot to do it properly, the usual.
It's more likely that Owlcat wanted to differentiate between actual Polymorph effects that give you a form, and those spells merely tagged with Polymorph.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kitsune is unique because you are polymorphed and thus triggering the effects, but you still get to fight in human form and wield weapons etc.

You lose your bite attack though, and kitsune human form also removes all size change bonuses to things like weapon dice. For instance, if you enlarge person and human form, you'll get the changes to strength and dex, but lose weapon size scaling. It's not exactly a scenario with no downsides like you present it.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I would say that polymorph as natural shapeshifting ability and polymorph as the effect of a spell should, in fact, be differentiated. So if Owlcat Games decided to use this house rule I think that it is good and they are right.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Ambush on your camp while you're at the keep, OUCH! I was at disadvantage there since I killed Wenduag and Camelia.
K. reborn would have been completely unwinnable for my B-team, thankfully a funny bug spawned my lightning-immune MC on the far side of the map under AI control so all they had to do was run around like headless chickens getting stomped on until MC arrived on the scene to dab on everyone with red circle with auto-attacks to call it a technical victory - we sure showed him, only 4 of us died running around in panic.

Agreed, pretty nasty. Also you have the Storyteller greater shouting the shit out of you. Mine also was bugged as already wrote, I basically could control only 4 benched companions instead of 5 (it's 5 the normal amount?). The good thing is it doesn't matter if someone dies at least.

Thonius

Arcane
Do you mean storyteller was hostile or just "friendly fire"ed you?
Also same bug, I had 4 companions under my control (including lich specific) Woljif just stood there.
I had nenio, sosile, Trevor, dellamere, kostyger, Woljif, vhane at camp.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Friendly fires at you. Best is to wait till he dies before trying to do anything.
I wish i could control trevor zzz, I had Lann, sosiel, daeran and greybor. A disaster.

Yosharian

Arcane
It should be obvious that on many builds a single bite attack is a blip on the radar in terms of one's overall damage output, and pounce can be given to an entire team by a Skald. Weapon damage dice mostly don't matter, tending to amount to 3-7 bonus damage in the best cases. Only certain builds really make the most of a large weapon damage die.

So bros near finishing act 2, getting up the banner and shit.

lv 8 brawler (snakebite striker) - from Brawler class mod. very basic 20+levelup points str/13dex/14 con half orc (human raised) with Templar background (heavy and med armor prof) - better backgrounds mod.

feats: weapon focus unarmed strike / power attack / dragon style / weapon spec unarmed strike / cleave / cleaving finish / grt weapon foc (unarmed strike)

Mythic levels: danse macabre (neg lev immunity) / rupture restrains/ mythic vital strike

Very basic bitch items and buffs at this point of the game. Can one shot most mooks (and cleaving finish another in range) in the game @ core with a improved vital strike.

Tacking trickster for hilarious critical stuffies. then go bloodrager (primallist - celestial bloodline and get rage powers) or mutation warrior into legend. at that time maybe respec into dex based / pummeling style fisting machine.

if you get beast totem; the unarmed attacks are unfortunately replaced with claws; so for charge/pounce you need pummeling style with unarmed.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm never certain if you can't see the forest for the trees or if you're just so butthurt and single mindedly pursuing an agenda that it makes you mildly retarded at times. Anyway...

It should be obvious that on many builds a single bite attack is a blip on the radar in terms of one's overall damage output, and pounce can be given to an entire team by a Skald. Weapon damage dice mostly don't matter, tending to amount to 3-7 bonus damage in the best cases. Only certain builds really make the most of a large weapon damage die.

But not on all, and similarly, some people may prefer additional damage and additional attacks to an increase in AB, especially if they don't need it. Opportunity costs should be identified and considered, even if they contradict your narrative.

I don't get why you take Danse Macabre when Death Ward exists

Can't be dispelled, doesn't expire, available at a lower level, frees up a spell slot... :|
I don't personally take it, but you might as well just say, "I don't get why you use Death Ward when restoration exists." or "I don't get why you use any of this stuff when dropping the difficulty down to easy and then sleeping exists."

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Honestly, I tend to agree that AB is the most important thing, I even found most of the time I had to disable power attack. But I was playing on hard and with companions. Playing with some decently min maxxed merc could shift this.

Yosharian

Arcane
In such high demand that you'll burn a mythic ability just to get it? Ok, I guess. I always build my parties so that I have multiple options for Death Ward, if you think it's worthwhile that's your choice. Personally, I'd rather invest in something else.

You could even use a scroll to get it, and it would be 24H as long as someone with Greater Enduring casts it

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Shoes are bugged. Need to unequip and requip to make them work lot of times. I just cast the spell to avoid the hassle of going in the inventory and find the shoes in all the crap.

purupuru

Learned
In such high demand that you'll burn a mythic ability just to get it? Ok, I guess. I always build my parties so that I have multiple options for Death Ward, if you think it's worthwhile that's your choice. Personally, I'd rather invest in something else.

You could even use a scroll to get it, and it would be 24H as long as someone with Greater Enduring casts it
I don't personally choose Danse Macabre for non-lich characters since I hate redundant features (the negative channeling) , just saying I can see why it's a popular choice among first ascensions. It's something that's always active and almost always useful (also demon's gore in this respect).
What do you prefer for first ascension?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom