Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Werdnicus

Learned
This game is the best Gothic 2 since Gothic 2.

But, anyone else here who has already tried both Araxos and the Guard? I feel like the Guards are really weak compared to the mercs when it comes to their quests and just overall atmosphere.

Araxos has that cool introduction where you immediately bro out with the other mercs, they toss you into the fountain and watch you vomit
VS.
You go the pub with the other guards, you drink beer and walk home alone to get some shuteye before the work starts, like a the good wagie you are.

Regardless, back to my original point: This game is so fucking good, I can't believe it. It almost feels like how it felt to play Gothic 2 as a child.

Parabalus

Arcane
Looks like translations will take a few months, but they have a pipeline in place. Estimate they'll come with the 1.2 patch.

Fargus

Arcane

But, anyone else here who has already tried both Araxos and the Guard? I feel like the Guards are really weak compared to the mercs when it comes to their quests and just overall atmosphere.

Araxos has that cool introduction where you immediately bro out with the other mercs, they toss you into the fountain and watch you vomit
VS.
You go the pub with the other guards, you drink beer and walk home alone to get some shuteye before the work starts, like a the good wagie you are.

You base it on introduction quests alone? But what about the rest of the quests for mercs? If they are generally better then i feel like i should give this game another playthrough in the future. Maybe as dexterous mercenary scumbag.

So far i enjoyed quests that guards gave me, and there are a lot of them. Even met a crazy rat scientist that sells two king sorrels in the sewers during one of the guard's quests about erradicating the rat plague.

The amount of good 1h weapons for dextro fags in this game is insane.
I managed to get inside that ancient temple in the swamps, had to fight some royal crawlers and stone guardians. 2 of the guardians were especially nasty and spammed fist of wind spell at me. Fuck those cunts. On the altar was a weapon with 165 damage. Mad amount of riches in the temple itself, perma potion for health, dragon root, tons of jew gold items, some runes, 2 magic ore weins, amulet and a belt that give 8 and 10 to all DR.
tZr50a2.jpg

GAzdHZQ.jpg

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
Sjukob just got to Chapter 4, alchemist master just offered me a new quest. Maybe I'll finally get level 3 alchemy after I complete it.

Plants growing option just gave me a whole bunch of free herbs.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, but every master will teach you level 3 trade after you do a small quest for them, and it appears to be triggered by the amount of shit you sell them. I got offered level 3 alchemy at the start of chapter 3 because I sold a shitload of potions.

Purely out of interest (on another save slot), I tried to force it during Chapter 2 by marvin moding and forcing the alchemist to drop his inventory then reselling the potions to him. I did this with hundreds of potions to no effect.

It's far more likely it's just triggered by Chapter 3. I forgot to test in the end as I was busy doing all the chapter 3 content.
Well, you're replying to a post quoting someone who didn't get it until chapter 4, so I suspect it might be both.

That's my post. I didn't get offered the quest till Chapter 4, but then I forgot to go back to the alchemist to check in Chapter 3.
I can confirm that selling crafted potions to the alchemist is not required to get his quest about mudturtles and then receive master training from him. I haven't sold a single potion to him and returned to the city as soon as the third chapter started, he offered the quest to me and now I am a master alchemist.

Also, I've found myself a pet lizard. It's fairly strong.
Gothic2-2021-12-19-22-16-09-53.png

It seems like summoning is a way to go for a mage here, just like it was vanilla Gothic, it's generally just too expensive to spam offensive spells until you get water mage jewelry set and it's locked behind chapter 4. Meanwhile summons can do a lot of damage and facetanking for a humble mana cost, additionally summoned creatures do not flinch when they are hit, so they just keep attacking even if something hits them.

The magic staves are faily good even without strength scaling, I wouldn't be surprised if they become top tier two handed weapons after they are fixed, they are so long that you don't even have to defend against most creatures, you can just keep smacking them repeatedly. Fighting humans and groups still sucks though.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The majority of dialogues linger of the opening "Hey, you" for 3 seconds which are non-skippable. Have anyone found a way to deal with that?

I don't know, but this annoys me as well.
Ninja edit: I don't have the voice pack installed either.
Edit 2: Because the GOG version doesn't offer them.

How badly do you screw the village if you do Petra's quests (weed/hammers/iron/spice) as opposed to fix the 'flood damage' for a way into town? I did both. I could see getting all the farmers hooked on dope causing mass starvation.

I did both, and sold the weed to the guy who offers to buy your weed in bulk. So they already got a dealer there.

I got myself the maximum XP by selling the goods, fixing the other merchant's wheel, fixing the flood damage, getting the city pass and then using the barrel to get into town :cool:

Danikas

Arcane
The majority of dialogues linger of the opening "Hey, you" for 3 seconds which are non-skippable. Have anyone found a way to deal with that?

How badly do you screw the village if you do Petra's quests (weed/hammers/iron/spice) as opposed to fix the 'flood damage' for a way into town? I did both. I could see getting all the farmers hooked on dope causing mass starvation.

I did both, and sold the weed to the guy who offers to buy your weed in bulk. So they already got a dealer there.

I got myself the maximum XP by selling the goods, fixing the other merchant's wheel, fixing the flood damage, getting the city pass and then using the barrel to get into town :cool:
Nope if you get through the sewers you get +1000 exp after entering the city (+ all the exp you get from monsters in the sewers) from what I remember riding in the barrel only gives +600 exp.

Monolith

Prophet
I guess I belong to the lucky ones that can play this in Polish. But a) the voices in the trailer kinda suck and b) it's weird for me to play a Gothic game in Polish - German is the way to go. Anybody know if a German voice-over is in the works, ideally with the original cast...?

I know it isn't anywhere close to likely, but one can dream..

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

Nope if you get through the sewers you get +1000 exp after entering the city (+ all the exp you get from monsters in the sewers) from what I remember riding in the barrel only gives +600 exp.

The barrel gave me 1000 XP, and getting the pass from Silbach's mayor also gave me 1000 XP.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The barrel gave me 1000 XP, and getting the pass from Silbach's mayor also gave me 1000 XP.
What is the point of the sewers,is there any quest or something nice in them? I finished them and the best i got was the ring for mages,the rest was pointless.

Also lol at killing the sewer monsters in chapter one lol. Outside of wasting 5 hours with the cheap dodge cheese,there is no way,and that one is a waste of time that only retards will do lol.

PS; LoL it seems i missed that petra chick. Is she the one that wants to sell me chainmail ?

Fargus

Arcane
There are at least 2 side quests in the sewers. A guy in there sells two king sorrels. I met him during the guard's quest about the rat plague.

Both of the quests are given by guard faction though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I met him during the guard's quest about the rat plague.
Which chapter is that in? I did the side quests for arbalests and the recruitment ones,but can't find any others. I assume that i have to enter chapter 4 for that shit.

Fargus

Arcane
Chapter 3.

Guard's apothecary Corum or whatever the name gives this quest. It could be a guard exclusive quest.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Where is this merchant? I've been lugging the wheel around without knowing its purpose.

Near the west gate of the city, you have to follow a road that leads a bit into the wilderness and he's sitting near an Innos statue. The road goes past the fields with farmers to the right, and a field with field raiders to the left, and then it forks to the left below an overpass where you'll find molerats, but don't go left but follow the road straight ahead until you reach the Innos statue.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo i have seen those two books from the chap that sells bestiary books in the merchant guild,about bloodfly and mincraft secretions. Do they have any use or are they just a waste of shekels ?

PS; Did anyone else notice that the modders are mega white knights lol? Every prostitute i find i have to ask her about her life story and try to save her,can't even fuck them.....sad.

notpl

Arbiter

VS.

Regardless, back to my original point: This game is so fucking good, I can't believe it. It almost feels like how it felt to play Gothic 2 as a child.
Having played some of both, the guard quests are much more elaborate and have more C&C.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Chapter 3.

Guard's apothecary Corum or whatever the name gives this quest. It could be a guard exclusive quest.
This games does have a problem with finding quests. Also some quests are progression locked and you could miss a lot of content if you don't spam talk with every named npc to see if they have a quest for you. It feels realistic in a way,but not very good game choice,especially for a gothic game. Gothic quests are all about being able to get the xp and the gibs even if you did them out of order. It lest you explore and kill shit without worry if you did accidentally fucked up some quest or did something out of order.

Also if he have some modder in here,lol fags you should have made everyone beatable but not killable. Having half the people being immortal is retarded.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

VS.

Having played some of both, the guard quests are much more elaborate and have more C&C.
Yeah,that night watch quest was really good in me book. Jewtards seem pretty boring in comparison,some jew wants to backstab the other jews and take power,but surprise lol.

Also can you join the wolf chaps in later chapters? They seem like the best faction in me opinion lol. Kick out that incompetent rodbar out of the city and glory to the purple.

Fargus

Arcane
PS; Did anyone else notice that the modders are mega white knights lol? Every prostitute i find i have to ask her about her life story and try to save her,can't even fuck them.....sad.

Now that you mentioned it. Its one of the things that annoy me in this mod. There was an event with whore repeatedly offering her services. But instead you can give her 500 gp so she could start a new life lmao. The fuck? Each time a whore offers her services Marvin says no. What's even the point of having a brothel in the mod? Marvin seems like a type who would hire a hooker for a pleasant chat, not to mention he is a doormat and been repeatedly called a "boy" by women his age or not that older than him. He also sounds stoned or retarded half the time. I guess he and his brother both have extra chromosomes or something given the way they act sometimes. Also they really overdone it with saving the opressed poor women in the mod.

And Ivy npc is pure cringe. Some faggot must have thought his "cool edgy waifu" fap material is a good idea for a character.

OG Gothic never had this type of dumb shit. Nameless chad rolls and facepalms in his grave.

Last edited:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Do you really want to watch sex cutscenes on gothic engine :lol: its prosper material.

You dont need to save any hoe you can just tell them to fuck off like I did with the one asking for 500 gold.

:mixedemotions:

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm about 10 hours in and it looks like the Poles managed to make another fully-fledged Gothic game, color me impressed.

:outrage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom