Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game reviewer Mack aka WorthABuy may lose right arm function

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
How old is this guy? WTF was he doing running after hooligans?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd say between 40 and 50 years old.

That's what I used to think, but on one of his shows. I think the Video Game Awards one, he was talking about why he fears being ruined and said something about being past retirement age which would put him up into his 60s unless I misunderstood what he was saying.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
He said the goons bothering his mom were 'chavs'. Had to go search up that Brit lingo. Looks like CHAV is a euphemism for WIGGER, otherwise known as lower class white trash kids who have nothing better to do than fuck with people and steal shit.

It's too bad he didn't catch them.

It's a term you don't see used much anymore, when I was a teen you called any sort of street trash a chav. I don't hear it much these days.

The stereotype is white trash in Burberry brand clothes and staffie breed dogs on chain leashes.
What's the current English slang for lower class street youths?

Alex

Arcane
He said the goons bothering his mom were 'chavs'. Had to go search up that Brit lingo. Looks like CHAV is a euphemism for WIGGER, otherwise known as lower class white trash kids who have nothing better to do than fuck with people and steal shit.

It's too bad he didn't catch them.

It's a term you don't see used much anymore, when I was a teen you called any sort of street trash a chav. I don't hear it much these days.

The stereotype is white trash in Burberry brand clothes and staffie breed dogs on chain leashes.
What's the current English slang for lower class street youths?

Asians.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

That's what I used to think, but on one of his shows. I think the Video Game Awards one, he was talking about why he fears being ruined and said something about being past retirement age which would put him up into his 60s unless I misunderstood what he was saying.
Nah. One time he had a video about building a chair or table with his wife/girlfriend, and his girlfriend was between 30-40. I guess he is 40ish at max.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Nah. One time he had a video about building a chair or table with his wife/girlfriend, and his girlfriend was between 30-40. I guess he is 40ish at max.

I must have misheard something then.

Recently, he broke his elbow when he tripped while chasing hooligans vandalizing his mother's home and from his most recent update video, he has refused a surgery to repair the elbow by affixing a prosthesis because of the chances of losing complete function in his right hand. The linked video plays at the correct time where he describes this.

Guy should do a surgery. My dad had a very similar elbow fracture in winter 2019 after tripping on tiled stairs covered in ice. It was shattered to the point most docs were skeptical about the possible recovery, but he did the surgery anyway and after a year of recovery the arm's function returned and they could remove the metal.

deama

Prophet
I'd be getting a second opinion, wouldn't care if I had to go abroad. No idea what the situation is over there with private care options but I sure as shit wouldn't allow the NHS to just take my fucking right arm after a nonchalant conversation. Hope he can find a way to recover somehow.
Medical care in UK is pretty bad these days, I have a friend who has gone into "Queue" multiple times over the course of about 10 months for his hernia surgery, so far the quality of analysis of his condition has been very varied, some doctors straight up dismissed his hernia, others said he needs surgery asap.
Definitely should go get a second opinion in a different country.

Medical care in UK is pretty bad these days, I have a friend who has gone into "Queue" multiple times over the course of about 10 months for his hernia surgery, so far the quality of analysis of his condition has been very varied, some doctors straight up dismissed his hernia, others said he needs surgery asap.
Definitely should go get a second opinion in a different country.

Hope your friend get the treatment he needs, whatever it may be.

Zlaja

Arcane

Must be, because no middle-aged dudes out there are together with younger women.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
The decline is complete - Mac is now a console gamer.

:negative:

Gotta play devil's advocate here. I have nerve damage in my right shoulder, and there's been times when doing mouse+keyboard is damn near impossible. Sometimes a controller is the only option when your shit's broken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom