Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Can someone rank the classes. My attempt from very little experience (just starting out)

best tier - soul saint, aldori defender, vivisectionist
medium tier - duelist
low tier - aldori swordlord

If you don't want spoilers just pick whatever.
Big percentage of how successful you will be depends on mythic paths more than class, or from synergies from mythics and your class, and also filling voids that the companions will leave.

Humbaba

Arcane
It's kinda funny that Fall From Grace is still the best and most amazing (chaste) succubus so far, and it's almost a quarter of a century since that game came out. Jennifer Hale adding to it too, of course.

Grace_concept_art.jpg
I mean there's not exactly an overabundance of succubus companions in cRPGs.

Humbaba

Arcane
I mean there's not exactly an overabundance of succubus companions in cRPGs.
I completely agree, and I hope this gets fixed asap. :D

>"Larian is proud to announce the first transgender companion in video gaming! Say hello to [insert dumb name here] an incubus who is a succubus at heart!"

And so the monkey's paw curled another finger.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did I just pick the gay path?

Azata = cosmic ancap.

In fact I don't understand how anyone on the codex picks anything but Aeon and Lich.

Aeon = Lawyers

I played as a Lich and Azata, this time(3rd) I will go Lich -> Legend.

>"Larian is proud to announce the first transgender companion in video gaming! Say hello to [insert dumb name here] an incubus who is a succubus at heart!"

Sadly 5E bastardized the demons of the lust race. Now, they aren't different creatures. Now Succubus and Incubus are more akin to Futanaris. Anyway, in therms of waifus, I still believe that this game needs a sexy blonde, blue eyed winter witch.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So... is mounted combat fixed yet?

Umm, its in a much better shape then before.

Still I occasionally get the bug where the mount charges but rider attacks normally.
Also, my char sometimes forgets he has Vulpine Pounce (might be reload-related).
Still, can't complain too much:

6B5193CA44174A84C60C9746FE6C799189A03DC0

06C7D2D47BD630ECCE92C70587EB400E346307D8

Definitely nice to have a Swift Action tool to reposition before Charging!

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
In less than 3 days i got Angel Powers , this might my fastest run from Kenabres to Drezen yet. I missed Radiance's upgrade but honestly, Seelah with Scimitar is good enough.

I can finally see why Angel is so fucking busted. I had issue with Staunton Vhane's fight in my Demon playthought , less with Azata Kineticist but Holy shit Angel Oracle is so fucking busted. Bolt of Justice Proned Stauton's sorry ass and then my character just auto attack him to death. Also Guarded Hearth, completly busted.

I gotta say , i loving spamming Bolt of Justice and Cleanse Flames while riding my Wolf with Infinite AC.

Humbaba

Arcane
Seelah is such a shite character who does not play her alignment at all. Fuck Paizo for forcing their garbage OC into this. At least Amiri is a proper barbarian.

My second run is nearing its end, only Ivory Labyrinth left before Threshold. Luv the Baphomet dungeons but I'm dreading the dretch suicide bombers. After that I'll go for the ascension ending. Gonna roll arcane bloodrager primalist just to see what the fuss is about. Planning to do a crit build with him and dump the first two arcane bloodrages for lethal stance and maybe something else. Seeing as I'm going azata on this one I can dump the auto haste because supersonic speed is a thing and better in every way. Should it turn out that azata is retarded and cringe I can still switch to devil. Interested to see how that alignment shift is gonna be justified.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Gonna roll arcane bloodrager primalist just to see what the fuss is about.
Last time I've checked Arcane Blooodrage was still broken - you could cast free Haste/Displacement/etc per rage but only with CL 1 that lasted 6sec. Tabletop Tweaks mod fixes it and make it actually usable but without it I would have tried this Archetype on test char first before committing to proper run.

Humbaba

Arcane
Last time I've checked Arcane Blooodrage was still broken - you could cast free Haste/Displacement/etc per rage but only with CL 1 that lasted 6sec. Tabletop Tweaks mod fixes it and make it actually usable but without it I would have tried this Archetype on test char first before committing to proper run.
Yeah but I'm ditching all that stuff and only keeping the disruptive abilities.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
so whats the most deep C&C mythic path atm? most options, most meaningful optjons and fun?

Demon path? Lich?

I was playing lich but stopped long time ago. Should i continue my early lich playthrough or start over?

so whats the most deep C&C mythic path atm? most options, most meaningful optjons and fun?

Demon path? Lich?

I was playing lich but stopped long time ago. Should i continue my early lich playthrough or start over?
Based Azata is developer favourite anon! It is true anon! It is!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Demon path? Lich?

Barbarian

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Angel and Demon are supposed to have the most and best integrated content.
Aeon... well... not sure about fun, but his actions have some of the greatest impact.

Lich would have plenty of unique content, I guess. Not necessarily integrated that well.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can someone rank the classes. My attempt from very little experience (just starting out)

best tier - soul saint, aldori defender, vivisectionist
medium tier - duelist
low tier - aldori swordlord

Unfortunately the viability of classes changes a lot with how you use them and who they have supporting them. But some standouts in general are:

• Mutation Warrior (Fighter).
  • Demon Slayer (Ranger).
  • Sword Saint (Magus).
  • Sohei (Monk).
  • Anything that can cast a lot of Hellfire Rays.
  • Some domain users - with Mythic Abilities/Feats to boost that.
  • If using Lich or Angel - the merged spellbooks are OP.
  • Brown Fur Transmuter (Arcanist).
  • Pet classes are still extremely good if you choose the right pet.
  • Skalds can make everyone pounce.
  • There are munchkin combos that double stack Cha to AC or Int to AC that require dips into a lot of stuff.
  • Some classes are really front loaded - making dips into them good - Rowdy (Rogue), the Monks, Instinctual Warrior (Barbarian), Vivi, Student of War, Mutation Warrior (at least 5 levels).

ArchAngel

Arcane
I didn't find Mutation Warrior good. You get mutagens that are once per rest and have a nasty penalty as well and you lose some of the useful fighter stuff. Pure fighter is very powerful due to those special Fighter group of feats that was added in WotR. Your fighter now has good Will save, good Reflex save and good Initiative in addition to awesome damage, good Fort and attack and life. Also access to more feats than anyone. You get everything you want for DPS and still have enough leftover for feats like Iron Will and such.

Humbaba

Arcane

Demon path? Lich?

Barbarian
Barbarian is trash tier apparently, because bloodrager exists.

As far as mythics go, lich is style over substance. This has become clear doing my current playthrough as Angel/Legend. Yes you get le epic ziggurat and undead companions but they are not that great and require you to carry negative healing around (granted if you're going lich you should've picked danse macabre but unless you yourself are a healer you should really not be spending time healing instead of fighting or casting spells). Staunton is supposed to be your undead healer but warpriest does not compare to a straight cleric and his stats suck. If you're not a caster or gish you can't even take full advantage of the lich spellbook. There are some good spells for martials, especially power from death but for example legend doesn't even need a spell to get sky high BAB.

Narratively speaking it is shite compared to either Angel or Legend at any rate.
All you do all game is make sure that Zacharius gets everything he needs to turn you into a lich. Aside from that you have no input. That's it. There's no exciting story beats, no interesting discoveries about lichdom, just nothing. Lichdom is also completely narratively divorced from the plot when compared to literally any other path. Zacharius only helps you out because the dumbass cursed himself to do so. He himself no longer gives a shit about the crusade or closing the Worldwound. In addition, unless you simp for him 100% of the way i.e. relinquish any agency from your PC, he betrays you and breaks your phylactery unless you grovel before him and beg him for mercy. You can still slap his head off if you don't wanna and break HIS damn phylactery, but yours is gone forever. The lich path is just one big fetch quest and Zacharius is your quest giver. The whole thing is also weirdly depressing, all your undead companions are consumed by nothing but hatred and SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE and personally I don't need that negativity in my life. They didn't even bother giving ghost Galfrey a full sized avatar.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I didn't find Mutation Warrior good. You get mutagens that are once per rest and have a nasty penalty as well and you lose some of the useful fighter stuff. Pure fighter is very powerful due to those special Fighter group of feats that was added in WotR. Your fighter now has good Will save, good Reflex save and good Initiative in addition to awesome damage, good Fort and attack and life. Also access to more feats than anyone. You get everything you want for DPS and still have enough leftover for feats like Iron Will and such.

Those 1 per day mutagens can easily last 24h with Enduring Spells. Not that you need much more then then 50 minutes 5 levels give you. They improve your Attack, damage, CMB, CMD and armor. The penalty is pretty minor. You still get all the Advanced Weapon Training options. Armor Advanced Training is not even in the game, I think?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom