Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE PROBLEMS WITH DOOM II

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

Sandy Peterson should stop making maps!

Generic-Giant-Spider

I really hope he was kidding on why it's lost on him why the map that begins with the two strongest enemies in the game right in front of you was called "Gotcha."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not going to watch a video but my problem with Doom II is that it feels like a meat grinder with all the enemies you have to kill. Quake felt a bit too few on account of the move to 3D, Doom was just right.

Alphons

Cipher
4. The spirit world

Bastard take this back.

No, you take it.
MAP28-map.png

GreyViper

Prophet
Coming from Wolf3d and Rise Of Triad, Doom 2 Map design was great. BUT it has nothing on original Doom 1 Episode 1, there I said it.

Arbiter

Scholar
Main problem is the lame auto-aiming at the vertical axis.

There was no other way to implement it, Doom engine did not feature look up/down. Without vertical auto-aim you would not be able to hit enemies located higher/lower than you are.

Curratum

There is no "problem" with Doom 2, you fucking autists.

Nobody has played these games for the stock content in over two decades. Doom 2 exists so you can play all the good custom content that is made for it and the enemy variety makes the game, as a platform, ultimately superior to Doom 1 because the new enemies can be used in ways that aren't shit.

Curratum

Kruno , where the hell did you find this channel? The guy's voice cadence and the way he rolls the ends of a lot of words makes me think of the most annoying type of pretentious queer and he's some zoomer who made a YT account in 2015.

Why are you watching zoomers explain Doom 2 to you?

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I had to check I was actually watching at 100% speed. This guy's voice is slow.

Anyway the problem with Doom 2 is that it aesthetically sucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom