Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

Keshik

Arcane
Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit came out today.

Legends of the past come back to life in this charming European mystery adventure.

Crowns and Pawns, a modern-day point and click adventure, inspired by classics such as Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Still Life, Syberia and others. The game highlights the less explored history of Europe to the world of adventurers. Experience the legendary stories of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, bring to light the villainous branch of the KGB, solve puzzles and follow hints to reveal the secrets of the King who was never crowned.

story.png

The story follows a girl from Chicago, Milda, who unexpectedly receives an inheritance from her grandfather – a house in Lithuania. She sets off to Europe, but upon arrival she is threatened by an unknown man, demanding that she gives up her inheritance. Determined and intrigued, she explores the run-down house, discovering old documents and clues dating back to the 15th century. Before long, Milda gets dragged into a dangerous search for a long-lost mysterious relic...

key-features.png

• A blend of history and myths set in a modern world, featuring real life locations all around Europe.
  • Crowns and Pawns is lead by the art director of the highly acclaimed fan-adventure Broken Sword 2.5.
  • Classic point-and-click puzzles that involve finding items hidden in beautiful environments, creatively combining the contents of your inventory, interesting dialogue choices, and more!
  • Beautiful hand painted art that comes to life with a touch of modern graphics features.
  • A world that reacts to your decisions.
  • Change the looks of the main character to solve puzzles (or for fun!).
  • Fully voiced dialogue.
  • Music written by the award winning composer Daniel Pharos (A New Beginning, Memoria, Blackguards).

CnP-gif-steam-2.gif

Brought to you by the award-winning indie game development studio Tag of Joy.

Classic point-and-click puzzles that involve finding items hidden in beautiful environments, creatively combining the contents of your inventory, interesting dialogue choices, and more!

Somehow I have a bad feeling about this...

But, good that there's a demo.

EDIT : Decided to buy it, is just $20. So far it's not too bad, at least there's not too much walking. The worst part is my character texting her friend complete with all this text speak which aggravates me for some reason (guess I am getting old). At least I've learned some things about Lithuania, so that's something.

Last edited:

WallaceChambers

Learned

From the developer of The House in Fata Morgana, NOVECT, currently in development is a brand new mystery adventure game set in a downtown Tokyo of modern Japan.
You, the player, create murder scenes as a killer, and pursue the truth of serial murder case as a sleuth.

Traditional adventure-style detective part and a special murder part
In the detective part, the player pursues the mystery of the case in an adventure game style where the player moves around the map, investigating and asking people.
In the murder part, the player becomes the murderer in a special game part where the player plans and executes various perfect crimes, such as completing a locked room murder or faking a suicide note.

Protagonist, a corpse disposal business, takes on a series of murders in downtown Tokyo in modern Japan.
Along with the protagonist, who works for a corpse disposal company, the story explores Asakusa and Yoshiwara, downtown Tokyo in modern Japan, to solve a serial murder case.
While depicting the dark side of Japan, including the Japanese underworld, the story follows the mysteries with a total of over 20 fascinating characters.
We are working hard to develop this game so that players can enjoy the exciting suspense and the thrill of solving a mystery.

Unwanted

Don Salieri

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit came out today.

Legends of the past come back to life in this charming European mystery adventure.

Crowns and Pawns, a modern-day point and click adventure, inspired by classics such as Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Still Life, Syberia and others. The game highlights the less explored history of Europe to the world of adventurers. Experience the legendary stories of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, bring to light the villainous branch of the KGB, solve puzzles and follow hints to reveal the secrets of the King who was never crowned.

story.png

The story follows a girl from Chicago, Milda, who unexpectedly receives an inheritance from her grandfather – a house in Lithuania. She sets off to Europe, but upon arrival she is threatened by an unknown man, demanding that she gives up her inheritance. Determined and intrigued, she explores the run-down house, discovering old documents and clues dating back to the 15th century. Before long, Milda gets dragged into a dangerous search for a long-lost mysterious relic...

key-features.png

• A blend of history and myths set in a modern world, featuring real life locations all around Europe.
  • Crowns and Pawns is lead by the art director of the highly acclaimed fan-adventure Broken Sword 2.5.
  • Classic point-and-click puzzles that involve finding items hidden in beautiful environments, creatively combining the contents of your inventory, interesting dialogue choices, and more!
  • Beautiful hand painted art that comes to life with a touch of modern graphics features.
  • A world that reacts to your decisions.
  • Change the looks of the main character to solve puzzles (or for fun!).
  • Fully voiced dialogue.
  • Music written by the award winning composer Daniel Pharos (A New Beginning, Memoria, Blackguards).

CnP-gif-steam-2.gif

Brought to you by the award-winning indie game development studio Tag of Joy.

Does this outfit have the right to use The Sims assets or have they just stolen them?

Modron

Arcane
This just came out

About This Game
If you’re looking for adventure, you will find it in Voodoo Detective, the point-and-click sensation!

New Ginen: a small island town steeped in rich Voodoo culture, overrun by chain stores, infested with privileged tourists. Where local color and colonial corruption clash in a desperate battle for survival.

Against this fascinating backdrop we meet a mysterious woman with no past standing at the center of a drama so profound the threads of reality are threatening to unravel!

Join Voodoo Detective on his latest case, where danger hides behind every dirty secret and each thrilling moment may be his last. It’s time to don your fedora and trench coat, detective, you’ve got a mystery to solve!

Features
  • Monkey Island inspired point-and-click adventure!
  • A rich story full of whimsy and intrigue!
  • Hand-drawn backgrounds, animations, and user interface!
  • High definition graphics!
  • Prominent voice talent from games and films such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, Fallout, Diablo, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Star Trek, Austin Powers, and many more!
  • A brilliant soundtrack recorded with live instruments composed by none other than Peter McConnell of Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, and Psychonauts fame!

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Awesome, Goetia was absolutely great.

Tried this today and it has many bugs, one of those is game breaking.

You need to break a mirror by throwing it on the floor from a height but the broken shards disappear (you need a shard obviously)

The worst thing is the autosave, you can't reload and retry. You have to replay the game from the start if you encounter a bug like this one (or backup your saves every time the game saves)
Pity cause it seems to have a bit of potential but I'm not interested in wasting my time to beta test their shit.
Uninstall for now.

Modron

Arcane
Now you to can do cocaine and come up with your own degenerate sexual conclusions.

It has a demo.

Modron

Arcane
Are those the Nancy Drew games that are supposed to be good traditional PnCs? I know they run the gamut in type of adventure and quality.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
That list seems weird. like a lot were just arbitrarily chosen. Why Personal Nightmare and Waxworks but not Elvira? Why Reality on the Norm, something I thought was an niche thing even in the AGS community? Why 7 Days a Skeptic, a title believed to be the worst of its series? Why Garage, a game known more for being incredibly obscure than anything else? Why a hidden object game, and that a very generic one at that?
Are those the Nancy Drew games that are supposed to be good traditional PnCs? I know they run the gamut in type of adventure and quality.
They're good, at least the ones I played, but I don't think they're traditional. Like they're not quite traditional, not quite Myst-like. Closer to a standard adventure than some of the titles on there.

V_K

Arcane
Goetia 2 snuck out

Either Covid shot made me dumb, or it's a fair bit harder than the first one (which already was fairly challenging by modern standards).

Ok, I need to qualify this: I think on average puzzles are a bit harder here, but no puzzle approaches the difficulty of some final ones in the first game. Also, no gaining new powers for alternative solutions (which may or may not have been what made puzzles harder on average).
Overall, a bit disappointed - it's a fine (and utterly beautiful) game, but it's a step back from the original, not forward. A bit shorter than the original too.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
CyberWhale What's the point of WTF I'm I reading? Are you implying that I'm lying just for the fun of it? I did encounter the fucking mirror bug.

V_K

Arcane
I'm shocked that devs still haven't fixed such a crucial game breaking bug.
Well it was crucial, couldn't progress to the next scene. The real shock is how much of a retard you are.
Mirror sometimes gets stuck to the floor, but in my case, it helped just to click on an arrow to the next screen when possessing it (you can still possess it even if it's stuck).

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Mirror sometimes gets stuck to the floor, but in my case, it helped just to click on an arrow to the next screen when possessing it (you can still possess it even if it's stuck).
In my case I couldn't find the broken pieces at all, nothing helped.

WallaceChambers

Learned
How are the Nancy Drew games not traditional? Does "tradition" not apply to a style of game that's been made since the early 90s?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom