Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher :: Super-Mega Fucking Awesome Edition

The Ticktockman

Scholar
Jasede said:
The first one will be "Ianus", and he'll be infamous for inadvertantly hitting you in the back with his greatsword.

Possibly the greatest accidentally gay comment ever.

Unless that was intentional.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Silellak said:
mondblut said:
Brother None said:
Who's doing a 180?

Well, you can't deny most of the rabid EE advocates are now strangely quiet :lol:

Which of course has nothing to do with the fact that the EE and this "Director's cut" have almost nothing in common.

One was a significant revamp of several highly-criticized features of the game. The other is a hyped-up nude patch.
This.

And: The hype for the EE version was bad. Nobody really disputed that. Now hyping the re-release of the game+nude patch is simply ridiculous. Neither do I see any lack of consistency nor did I keep quiet. I just see one dumbfuck being a dumbfuck. Thank you, for your attention.

And Ticktock, Jasede is gay. He's allowed to sound gay.

Tardvapor

Novice
press release said:
... now available legitimately for the first time in North America

That's funny, after I got the NA version of the witcher and found it it was censored, as a joke I emailed CDP and said something along the lines of, "send me links for all your boobiefiles are belong to us"

And they responded, slightly confused, assuming I wanted files for the uncensored content. The email was complete with links, hows that not legitimate?

mondblut

Arcane
Silellak said:
Which of course has nothing to do with the fact that the EE and this "Director's cut" have almost nothing in common.

One was a significant revamp of several highly-criticized features of the game. The other is a hyped-up nude patch.

ORLY? One was an overhyped translation patch, another an overhyped nude patch.

Hey, all companies make post-release fixes to their broken games, and some of them even include those into future reissues once the first print runs out, ok. But CDP are first to make it their primary marketing strategy :lol:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
CD Project Red are pretty much a joke now huh? It's a shame they turned out to be just as full of shit as any other mainstream developer, I hoped they might be different. Fuck knows why, I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to what they were actually saying and got caught up in the hype.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Bloodeyes said:
CD Project Red are pretty much a joke now huh? It's a shame they turned out to be just as full of shit as any other mainstream developer, I hoped they might be different. Fuck knows why, I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to what they were actually saying and got caught up in the hype.

Me too. :( But they fucking suck now. Oh well. Heres to modulation for Dragon Age! :drink:

AdrianWerner

Novice
Shannow said:
This is getting ridiculous.
Indeed, a developer still supporting their game almost two years after the release is indeed ridiculous :?

You people are all fucking crazy , you're bitching about free updates :?

felicity

Scholar
From their forum
The Director's Cut is basically an update for North American copies of TW: Enhanced Edition, which makes the content match up to the international release. We also happen to be just releasing the full game with the Director's Cut update already applied so that people who buy it now will just get the content we intended for people to see. We had to give it a name to resubmit through the ESRB process.

Can't blame them for wanting their players to see their full works.

MetalCraze

Arcane
AdrianWerner said:
Shannow said:
This is getting ridiculous.
Indeed, a developer still supporting their game almost two years after the release is indeed ridiculous :?

You people are all fucking crazy , you're bitching about free updates :?

But hyping free updates that don't even do what was promised like something out of this world and asking to buy the same game a second time (a third if you're american) is normal.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
The theory behind the Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut was that people who are going to buy it are going to buy it anyway and even if they dropped the idea to something more reasonable like only releasing a free update it removed any actual profit and basically made the entire concept pointless.

Have to agree with the minority here: This whining is ridiculous.

The hype is amusing, but it is really a benign hype. Everything is free for the owners. Yes, really it is. Nobody here can dispute that at all. It is a fact.

Meanwhile, Paradox entertainment stops its patching process, which used to contain free updates for games (EU2, Victoria, etc) with improvements included, but now you have to buy the new expansion pack, and then they will patch that. No big news threads about this horror to be seen.

Our best friends at Bethesda purposefully leave out rubbish in their equally hopeless games, and put up idiotic little pieces for sale on the internet. Yet I hear idiot savants praising them for releasing Daggerfall for free...

Creative Assembly cannot even finish their games before throwing their energies into an expansion pack, through which things will be fixed...apparently. Never has happened of course :cool:

Obsidian, that bastion of last hope, requires online patching for NWN2. Forget trying to download the patches so that you can just install the game one sunday afternoon and start playing. No, no, first you have to wait for years while it downloads all the rubbish (including updated patchers...), unless you want to try your hand at the unpatched versions...Or, you could buy the expansion packs with the patches on it! lulz

I can keep listing the travesties of online registering in order to play, limited installs, other pay-for-play idiocy, but everyone knows about the fun available out there, and yet...

Here we have people whining about free content because the company dared to hype it and hope for a few new converts? Terrible! Atrocious! Outlandish! Decline!

The hype is fun to poke a stick at. The levels of hate it has produced here is nothing short of retardation though. As our friend Bloodeyes says:

Yes, just as bad as everyone else :roll:

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Obsidian, that bastion of last hope, requires online patching for NWN2. Forget trying to download the patches so that you can just install the game one sunday afternoon and start playing. No, no, first you have to wait for years while it downloads all the rubbish (including updated patchers...), unless you want to try your hand at the unpatched versions...Or, you could buy the expansion packs with the patches on it! lulz

Umm... but in downloader you can right click and select "save downloaded files" so you don't have to download them every time...

Konjad said:

Umm... but in downloader you can right click and select "save downloaded files" so you don't have to download them every time...

Excellent. I was hoping for some weak counterattacks that I could have fun with, but your information is useful. I didn't think it allowed you to do that.

Jinxed

Liturgist
I read somewhere that they closed down the console project and moved the team to work on part 2?

I thoroughly enjoyed the witcher, I haven't been playing any new RPG games for 2 years and that contributes greatly to my experience, but even without this hunger I had I would still say it's a good game. I started from 1.4 and had no problems with it, loading times about 10 seconds on my 3 years old pc.

For me, getting this game just now 1.4 and patching 1.5 to remove the DRM works out great, as apposed to buying some unpatched and forgotten buggy piece of garbage from the bargain bin.

What some of you say is ridiculous. Is it hip to complain about something here? Its like a dick measuring contest on who can write the funniest post criticizing CDP.

Vandal

Novice
Ah, I guess I should have stopped in here when we made the Director's Cut announcement... should have known better :)

We're doing fine over at CDP, thanks for your concern. There are still other projects in the works at the studio, but the goal of the Director's Cut was to finally get the North American game in line with the international edition. To do so, we had to get it re-rated in North America, which required a new name. Enter the Director's Cut. Of course most people who already own the game will just download the patch. If you haven't bought it yet -- or as mentioned in the announcement, for some reason feel like buying another copy -- you can just buy the Director's Cut and not have to worry about installing a patch. Most digital distribution sites will likely ONLY offer the Director's Cut moving forward.

Definitely not a matter of trying to milk the audience more -- I would love to announce our next game, but we're just not at that stage yet.

But anyway, I'm not really sure what we're expected to do when we have a patch coming that does something a lot of fans have been asking for (as the Director's Cut does)... not tell anyone? Don't worry -- we're not doing a teaser trailer, a press tour and a wicked-awesome viral campaign. It's this "it's coming" announcement and the patch. Not exactly "hype" :)

Vandal said:
And have I mentioned recently how much I really do love you guys? :D

marriage-cake.jpg

Now, if you really love me, make me some old school RPG's.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thanks for the clerification Vandal. Forgot about the rating process requiring a new game.

Oh and we lub j00 too. <3

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm replaying the game right now and some dialogues in the Polish version are simply superb, they read perfectly and are usually voiced very well. Also, only now did I realise that in fact the Abigail situation is not clear - maybe she did
make Odo kill his brother by using the doll

[PENIS LOLOLOL]
? The game's miles above most other proposals by "big" studios from recent years.

Deleted member 7219

Shoelip said:
What exactly are people complaining about here? :?

Seriously, what?

This is the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom