Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Yosharian

Arcane
Bethesda is literally a scam now, push out low effort slop to farm money from console plebs

KeAShizuku

Novice
Starfield was supposed to be the Xbox system seller, with MS becoming a third-party publisher, SF will go down in history as the game that killed XBOX after 21 years.
Nope, not true, even Phil said this during a interview months before it's release:

"There is no world where Starfield's an 11 out of 10 and people start selling their PS5s. That's not gonna happen."

MS pretty much knows Bugthesda is a mess, in fact now the latest rumor is that the push for multiplat came from Zenimax. They also seem pissed cuz they're not receiving bonuses anymore for masterworks like Starfield or Redfall, that's why the rats like Peter Hines, are leaving the ship.

A Dutch football coach once said something that stuck with me: If you don't think you can win don't bother going to the world cup and just stay home.

ind33d

Educated
Is there a comparable sci-fi game made in a less homosexual country like China? I'm curious how much of Starfield being fucked up is due to Angloid successor ideology. How hard could it possibly be to make Skyrim in space? People modded the Pillar of Autumn into Morrowind, for fuck's sake

ind33d

Educated
People threw tens of thousands of dollars at Star Citizen, but there's no eccentric billionaire who would pay a Chink programmer on a Raspberry Pi to mod Star Trek into Starfield?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there a comparable sci-fi game made in a less homosexual country like China? I'm curious how much of Starfield being fucked up is due to Angloid successor ideology. How hard could it possibly be to make Skyrim in space? People modded the Pillar of Autumn into Morrowind, for fuck's sake
Try Spacebourne 2

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I don't trust you autists. Starfield "bad" but you said Mass Effect Andromeda was "bad" as well.

It's second only to the original Mass Effect.

I'm definitely buying Starfield when I have time to play it.

ADL

Prophet
It's second only to the original Mass Effect.
Not exactly high praise is it?

Anyways I'm itching to give this another go with the Starvival mod paired with Deadly Hazards but I'm probably gonna wait for a Creation Kit release so I don't fuck up my save file with weird hacky mods. Posting these because I think it's interesting what they've managed to do without a SDK release.

Not really a fan of survival mechanics because generally it just creates tedium but what's the point of "NASApunk" with such surface-level mechanics? Don't even bother with the setting if you're not gonna go all in on making the early space exploration era feel dangerous and intimidating. This isn't Star Wars or Dune, it's set a couple hundred years after the first moon landing and the collapse of Earth. I realize it's foolish to think nuBethesda would ever do such a thing but they did hire the Frostfall/Campfire guy and they've said survival options are coming in their 2024 roadmap... These things aren't gonna save the game but at least it'd make it more engaging.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's Precursors, made by Russians.

Peachcurl

Cipher
There's Precursors, made by Russians.
Buggy mess. Worse than anything Owlcat ever made. Never got that to run properly, even with all those inofficial fixes.

INSOMNIA: The Ark maybe? But that's more like Colony Ship I guess. But was fun but bugged.​

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

INSOMNIA: The Ark maybe? But that's more like Colony Ship I guess. But was fun but bugged.​

More like unfinished and abondoned...
I really liked that game, it even had mechanical Morte in it!

Yosharian

Arcane
Beth have become such whores for mainstream they won't even put good AI in the game because difficult enemies aren't 'fun'.

Fuck you Todd your game is boring as fuck.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
No, but in their defense, neither did the old Bethesda that was just a white sausage fest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom