Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

cdx

Novice
The demo is very enjoyable, some notes:
- It would be really good to add the emeny HP as a number on hover when the Health Bar is switched off. Can't see it anywhere now.
- Any particular reason the sword guard of the main menu sword is the wrong way up? It looks off. If a blade somehow gets between it and the hand it would be much more difficult to avoid having fingers chopped off compared to the correct way. Nitpicking, but it's a major element in the presentation of the game, so it seems worth mentioning.
- This probably has been reported, but when sitting to drink in the village, the character's equipped weapon disappears.
- The question mark in the otherwise great font is terrible, it really needs fixing.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Number #3 most viewed video on Youtube for Swordhaven RPG mere 30min. after upload. Brother Splattercat once again fights for good games and spreads word around Gamerdom. Hopefully this means Kickstarter $$$ will rain soon

[Longer Let's Play of DEMO]​

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's social media time: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/swordhaven-iron-conspiracy/posts/4067180

SOCIAL GOALS​

55276f7485b3962e44263079bab827cf_original.png

Greetings, friends!

So far - so good, the campaign is chugging along and your support is amazing on every step of the way! Therefore, today we would like to introduce you to our campaign's Social Goals.

Goals​

The completion of each goal will earn the campaign one to three Goal Coins as per the table below. Goal Coins unlock unique rewards added to the campaign. Reaching the first Social Goal unblocks the next one.

Kickstarter Backers​

Once we gain this number of backers, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

Steam Page Followers​

Once our Steam Page receives this number of followers, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

Twitter Followers​

Once we gain this number of followers on our official Twitter page, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

Retweets​

Once the following Tweet receives this number of Retweets, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

YouTube Subscribers​

Once our YouTube official channel reaches this number of Subscribers, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

Facebook Likes​

Once our Facebook Group receives this number of Likes, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

Facebook Followers​

Once we gain this number of Facebook Followers, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

Discord Members​

Once we gain this amount of users in our Discord chat, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

Instagram Followers​

Once we gain this amount of followers on Instagram, a Goal Coin will be unlocked!

Fan Art​

Every bit of Swordhaven fanart shared with us unlocks a Goal Coin! Please share your fan art of Swordhaven on social media and be sure to link it to us so we can check it out!

Rewards​

The Goal Coins won by reaching Social Goals will be accumulated and used to unlock the following rewards in the order of mention.

Unique Weapon Mastery Questline​

An awesome player suggestion we really hope to implement in the game would be a series of Weapon Mastery quests where your character would meet deadly challenges to learn unique abilities for their preferred weapon style from the mystical Masters.

New Hairstyle and Facial Hair​

There is never enough customization options during character creation. We promise to add some extra ones should this reward be reached.

Special Discord Emoji​

Designed by our team's talented artist Vitynskyi, this emoji will be a true badge of honor for everyone who joins our friendly chat group!

Unique Kickstarter Easter Egg​

We will commemorate that it is only thanks to you, our dear backers, that Swordhaven ever came to be, with a tasteful Easter Egg somewhere in the game world.

[Once one Reward is unlocked, another one will be opened. To be continued...]

jungl

Augur
Their best bet for more money is adding real time combat and showcasing that. Turn based is trash when the animations are not there and the combat is simplistic. Hopefully they keep the npc interactions to a minimum and focus more on exploration. This is the problem with atom rpg take fallout 2s dialogue and make it annoying zany outlandish soviet sitcom which only a very small niche group of gamers can appreciate. Underrail with its very not flexible 3rd edition inspired rpg mechanics scares away anyone that has a job and doesn't want to reroll builds in a indie rpg cause they made a mistake.

Their best bet for more money is adding real time combat and showcasing that. Turn based is trash when the animations are not there and the combat is simplistic. Hopefully they keep the npc interactions to a minimum and focus more on exploration. This is the problem with atom rpg take fallout 2s dialogue and make it annoying zany outlandish soviet sitcom which only a very small niche group of gamers can appreciate. Underrail with its very not flexible 3rd edition inspired rpg mechanics scares away anyone that has a job and doesn't want to reroll builds in a indie rpg cause they made a mistake.

This game can toggle between RTwP and Turn-based already. The demo has pretty good interactions with NPCs with lots of skill checks involved. All the dialogue was competent and concise. Only a few lore dumps, and those were only when provoked by the player. The player will be able to get as much or as little dialogue as they please. Mechanically speaking, the game is easy enough to follow. The tooltips are good and the player is given advanced notice on what each skill does and what bonuses it will provide as you advance it. At character creation, anyone will be able to theory-craft an entire build in a couple of minutes if they know what the level cap is. Multiple attributes contribute to each skill, so while it's still possible not to be optimal, it's hard for me to imagine creating a bad build in this game without trying. Character building in this game will be far less intimidating than Underrail.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm more curious about the amount of people who cheer just because this thing allegedly isn't woke. The bar, man.

Last edited:

Beans00

Erudite
I'm more curious about the amount of people who cheer just because this thing is allegedly isn't woke. The bar, man.

People are excited because we actually liked Atom rpg, you are just butthurt no one liked colon shit. Also your mom smoked cigarettes when she was pregnant with you, bitch.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm more curious about the amount of people who cheer just because this thing is allegedly isn't woke. The bar, man.

People are excited because we actually liked Atom rpg, you are just butthurt no one liked colon shit. Also your mom smoked cigarettes when she was pregnant with you, bitch.
Explain to me, fuckface, how the making of Fallout carbon copy which is ATOM RPG translates into making fun epic low fantasy totally not BG game. For instance, their devs can code, thats for sure which is nice and we all can be confident in the tech state of the game but further than that? You need faith, honestly. By the way, have you even played the demo? I know the answer, don't bother.

Litmanen

Educated

Explain to me, fuckface, how the making of Fallout carbon copy which is ATOM RPG translates into making fun epic low fantasy totally not BG game. For instance, their devs can code, thats for sure which is nice and we all can be confident in the tech state of the game but further than that? You need faith, honestly. By the way, have you even played the demo? I know the answer, don't bother.
Even if what you say it's true (they made a Fallout carbon copy), a lot have tried to do the same, failing. Catastrophically failing. Their games, for sure, are among the best of this genre in the latest 10 years.

And I'm not an Atom Boy. Plus, I love Age of Decadence and I think I will play Colony Ship next because I was really waiting for it.

But I do not understand, really, your (a lot of you) personal wars in defending a game attacking another. Doesn't make any fucking sense.

Litmanen

Educated
I do not understand, really, your (a lot of you) personal wars in defending a game attacking another. Doesn't make any fucking sense.
Yes, exactly. You have discovered cold water. It takes half an hour of lurking on each thread to understand how much a bunch of you are here just to unload your personnal life dilemmas in unending fights about RPGs.

Your fucking goal in the life is to say that any RPG in the world is shit and only that fucking stupid one that you only know and love is the best, unique one. Instead of doing what you should do: sit and play.

Play.

You are not bringing on any war here to save the civilization. You are a fucking forum of obsessed fanatics who believe they can "SAVE THE WESTERN WORLD FROM JEWISH AND NIGGA".

You are just fat assholes. Helpless, sociopatic with delusion of grandeur.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Your fucking goal in the life is to say that any RPG in the world is shit and only that fucking stupid one that you only know and love is the best, unique one. Instead of doing what you should do: sit and play
Spazmo: Odds are, something you like very much sucks. Why? Because this is RPG Codex.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I do not understand, really, your (a lot of you) personal wars in defending a game attacking another. Doesn't make any fucking sense.
Yes, exactly. You have discovered cold water. It takes half an hour of lurking on each thread to understand how much a bunch of you are here just to unload your personnal life dilemmas in unending fights about RPGs.

Your fucking goal in the life is to say that any RPG in the world is shit and only that fucking stupid one that you only know and love is the best, unique one. Instead of doing what you should do: sit and play.

Play.

You are not bringing on any war here to save the civilization. You are a fucking forum of obsessed fanatics who believe they can "SAVE THE WESTERN WORLD FROM JEWISH AND NIGGA".

Cool. Piss off, fag.

agris

Arcane
Patron
you sound upset

this site is an interesting melting pot of different ideas and perspectives. for all the anti-western crusaders, we have white knights and defenders of the status quo, as well as defenders of communism and larian studios

if frequent expressions of disagreement are psychologically uncomfortable for you, your social milieu may be too insular

Litmanen

Educated
you sound upset

this site is an interesting melting pot of different ideas and perspectives. for all the anti-western crusaders, we have white knights and defenders of the status quo, as well as defenders of communism and larian studios

if frequent expressions of disagreement are psychologically uncomfortable for you, your social milieu may be too insular
No, I'm not upset and I think that, obviously, on a forum you find hundreds of different opinions and, among them, some strong haters and blind lovers. It's completely normal.

What it's not normal is to erect all these bullshit to some social war in order to save the world, both ways. It's stupid. Makes me laugh.We are talking about RPGs, on a forum. Fucking stupid RPGs. No one is saving anything. No one is changing an inch of how to world is going on (and a lot here don't have even the potential mental capacity to try do it).

It makes me laugh, not upset, that people think they are some crusaders and heroes who have to save Western Europe, Eastern Europe or gaming industry thanks to their "this game is shit" in every single thread, repeated hundred of times, just because they have to unload their social ineptitude and mental problems here.

Almost everyone here is a fucking revolutionary and would have had better ideas on every single RPG to make it better. How many of them actually have done anything better of these games in their life: ~0.

agris

Arcane
Patron
you sound upset

No, I'm not upset and I think that, obviously, on a forum you find hundreds of different opinions and, among them, some strong haters and blind lovers. It's completely normal.

What it's not normal is to erect all these bullshit to some social war in order to save the world, both ways. It's stupid. Makes me laugh.We are talking about RPGs, on a forum. Fucking stupid RPGs. No one is saving anything. No one is changing an inch of how to world is going on (and a lot here don't have even the potential mental capacity to try do it).

It makes me laugh, not upset, that people think they are some crusaders and heroes who have to save Western Europe, Eastern Europe or gaming industry thanks to their "this game is shit" in every single thread, repeated hundred of times, just because they have to unload their social ineptitude and mental problems here.

Almost everyone here is a fucking revolutionary and would have been better ideas on every single RPG to make it better. How many of them actually have done anything better of these games in their life: ~0.
often, when people feel threatened they reconstruct their opposition in a caricature of its true form. such delusion helps justify an internal dismissal, without further examination.

a common tactic among racial supremacists, and those with poor taste in cRPGs

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
you sound upset

Almost everyone here is a fucking revolutionary and would have been better ideas on every single RPG to make it better. How many of them actually have done anything better of these games in their life: ~0.
Maybe take the fishy axe you have to grind over to site feedback and leave this thread for talk about Swordhaven?

Beans00

Erudite

Play.

Bro calm down some of us have fun arguing and calling each other autists and assholes. The most fun part about hating X game is insulting its fanboys. Just chill out dude and enjoy the toxicity.

Sloul

Savant
We are now in the 3rd title of this team, and combat is still extremelly poor.
I suspect that previous games might actually do a better job than this one.
We are talking about a no perk system à la Fallout (so thank you for bringing special, but without its linked perk system it's really just the trash), Skill tree (because they are so foony), cooldowns for skills, around 3 skills per character, and skill design very top notch ''oh hey you click under the button you get +20% damage'' hey ho.

Everybody's here is fine with shit combat? Really?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Social goal achieved: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/swordhaven-iron-conspiracy/posts/4068232

UNIQUE WEAPON MASTERY QUESTLINE + NEW SOCIAL REWARD​

8d2639b27af26541db0bf41211c999ae_original.png

Congratulations, everyone!

Today your effort has unlocked the Weapon Mastery Questline, which we will be happy to implement into the finished game. Here is how one of our writers describes it:

Nova Drakonia, a land untouched by the Celestial Dragon’s law, was a harsh frontier for the first settlers from the Kudônian Empire. Braving this savage continent meant entrusting your life to your weapon of choice. Many could not take this way of living for long, yet some mastered it to the point of perfection, developing entirely new techniques, absent from the Empire's fencing manuals.

These hardy folk became the legendary Masters, or Weapon Saints, one for each traditional weapon class. Rhalibar, Saint of the Blade; Svīra, Saint of the Voulge; Farrokh the Skull-Breaker and many more.

Of course, these days they are all dead and buried… Yet, great knowledge sometimes finds a way to resurface from the sands of obscurity, and you might just discover a hint that will lead you to those, who inherited the inhuman techniques of these great heroes of old. Now that the Social Goal is met, that’s actually a given.

[New Reward Added] Legendary Digital Poster​

Our artist will create an epic, high-definition, print-ready poster for the game and will make it available for download.

a994e87528eee9da1fb08a0f05d6f570_original.png
Updated Social Goal Chart

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There comes a time where all you need from life is Fallout with a Soviet flavor and some risky humor.

I for one am looking forward to see what those Ukrainian-Polish-Latvian madmen will do with Baldur's Gate formula.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom