Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stellar Blade - Korean mix of DMC/Nier Automata with hot model ass

911 Jumper

Educated
Still better than Kojima. Doesn't take much beat a egomaniacal asshat who thinks literal walking sims are fun. He gives walking sims a bad name. And it doesn't help that people still slurp his asshole. His last good game came out on... PS2.

Of all the great Japanese directors he would be at the bottom of the list. I'm not even sure if he belongs on it.
If Death Stranding is a walking simulator then all the Resident Evil and Elder Scrolls games are also walking simulators. Most of the problems I have with Death Stranding are story and character related (it's easily Kojima's worst in those areas). I do agree that he peaked during the PS2 era. MGS 1 to 3 were games that defined the PS1 and PS2 gens – it's hard not to talk about the those PlayStation generations without mentioning MGS at some point.

I've said before that I think that post-PS2 Kojima is an example of what happens when a game creator has too many influences. His games were better when they were more closer to your standard 90s techno thriller movie. Things started to go downhill when he began ramping up the magical realism and the abstract philosophical stuff (which Death Stranding is full of).

Kim Hyung Tae has yet to contribute anything significant. Those Magna Carta games are pretty mediocre. Seeing Western gamers fawning over Eve is interesting. The character looks like something you'd see in one of those C-tier PS2 action games that few would remember. Eve even has the comical “bouncing boobs” from the early 2000s DoA games. And it looks just as goofy as it did back then.

I think the fact that Eve's bizarre Africanised Asian hybrid design is now regarded as a wonderfully potent rejection of ugliness in lands where European women exist is in itself a sign of western decline and bad taste. Claire and Jill from the remakes of RE2 and RE3, for example, are far better looking than Eve, yet I don't remember western gamers going this wild over them.

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
You compare peak Kojima to the Silent Hill and Resident Evil devs back in the day he is utter dog shit. Wet, yellowish, putrid dogshit. Comparing his latest garbage to anything Resident Evil is a giant insult.

911 Jumper

Educated
The Korean branch of the men's magazine MAXIM has covered this controversy.

Which of the Following Has a Realistic Body Shape?

Realistic Body? Gamer Girl Shin Jae-eun(신재은) Tears Up the World with Her Figure

911 Jumper

Educated
I thought Asian women were popular here.

The host and the model she is reporting on could be sisters, they look so similar.

Modron

Arcane
This just came out today where is the kotaku brand outrage?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Those horrible EVIL sluts! They're literally killing MILLIONS of fat ugly woman all over the world!

Elttharion

Learned

Those horrible EVIL sluts! They're literally killing MILLIONS of fat ugly woman all over the world!

Yeah, both of these women killed millions

Machocruz

Arcane
The west is truly broken, cucked, and incel'd when bony asian thots cause this much excitement. Too much trauma from being surrounded by 70% female obesity rate for 20+ years, naturally.

911 Jumper

Educated
It's remarkable, really.

This is what “fighting back” against the uglification of western female video game characters looks like in 2024.
interview-shift-up-on-ps5s-highly-promising-stellar-blade-1.large.jpg

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Why nobody talk about the chick who died saving you in the opening? She was by far the sexiest imo. I forget her name. Why tf wasn't she the protagonist?

Spike

Educated
The west is truly broken, cucked, and incel'd when bony asian thots cause this much excitement. Too much trauma from being surrounded by 70% female obesity rate for 20+ years, naturally.
That middle (actual real life) Korean babe looks scorchin'.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
People are looking at this through the wrong end of the telescope, IMHO. This isn't a development of late-stage Western cuckoldry, it's a development of the beginnings of the cucking of the Asians.

Didn't Japan have something about the first batch of a mass of foreign immigrants being allowed in recently?

911 Jumper

Educated
You'd think the female characters being used to counter the uglification of Western female video game characters would at least be European in appearance. That these CG'd female anime characters from a Korean dev studio are being held up as fine examples of attractive female video game characters is in itself a sign of Western decline.

Claire Redfield from the remake of RE2 is, in my opinion, a far more attractive female video game character than all the bizarre-looking females in Stellar Blade, but I don't remember Western gamers going this wild over her [Claire's] looks. Compare:

Claire
E65x_0WXoAA5KNV.jpg

Eve
GFnyWeBacAA5h9y.jpg

The latter is being hailed as a glorious rejection of ugly female character designs, lol. The mind boggles.

Melcar

Arcane
It was about the blatant over sexualization of the character and having her as the main selling point of the game (coomer bait game). It sort of got muddied as people started to virtue signal in various directions. It's silly because fighting games do it all the time and they get little push back over it.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Japanese devs spent years releasing coomer action games (see: Oneechanbara and Senran Kagura) but the gaming community simply rejected them as "dumb anime games who sold themselves via sex appeal"

Melcar

Arcane
Yeah, it's nothing new. Someone somewhere got upset and had nothing better to do than to make a post on some shit social medium. Others started to pile on their grievances when they saw it trending in order to cash in. It's the same old story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom