Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Protip: do NOT use Martyr's Bolt when you're in the middle of Battahl. I currently have 1 hp, no camping gear, and no ferrystones LMAO. Pretty much fucked. In my defence I didn't mean to use it. Just hit the wrong button and didn't realize it AND THEN menu healed myself like a dumbass when I should have just let myself die.

Edit

Made it back to town and restored my hp. It took about an hour of trial and error bullshit.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
From the details the modder provided, it seems those mods generally reduce the charge times for a lot of abilities to make the transition between animations smoother.

On one hand, I can see that would change the flow of combat in a way some players would enjoy, but on the other hand it would also make the game even easier. In particular Spearhand does not need buffing and cutting the charge time on the bolt by 50% looks like it would further break an already exceedingly powerful class.

To be honest, I really don't know how I'd change Spearhand. It relies on its shield to survive, on the other hand being able to keep it up at all times makes any fight I've had using it virtually impossible to lose. Maybe increase the stamina consumption by around 35% so you have to use consumables or Thof to regen it? It's not an ideal solution but I also think cutting the duration the shield is up for or increasing the activation time is inelegant. Although it would increase the difficulty it would also make playing the vocation considerably more frustrating and increase the percentage of the time spent just refreshing the shield so you'd do relatively little else.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I read somewhere in this thread that vocations level up at 10% the speed when using warfarer. Is this true? If so I'm gonna need to level up a melee class individually. Trying to decide if I want thief or warrior skills.
I've maxed everything except Warfarer, Trickster, Mage, and Sorcerer but the latter 3 of those vocations I've also not unlocked so they're not gaining discipline for me at present. I'll unlock them and play test the mechanic for you.

EDIT: You just have to unlock the other vocations and if Warfarer is active they slowly gain discipline and rank up, you never actually have to use them or have their abilities selected as active for Warfarer.

I've also just tried using Warfarer with 4 Spearhand abilities just so I can equip Warrior armour while basically running the Spearhand vocation so I can avoid relying on shield spam without being knocked over as soon as I'm hit. So far it seems decent.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Lets be honest with our selves. This is the greatest game ever made. If this doesn't win goty Im attacking mfers

It's very close to all time greatness but it's not. It's on the same level as Gothic, Underrail or Kenshi (which it's not bad imho).

A great story, difficulty mods, reworked NG+/endgame and improved world layout would elevate this game to crack cocaine level.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lets be honest with our selves. This is the greatest game ever made. If this doesn't win goty Im attacking mfers

It's very close to all time greatness but it's not. It's on the same level as Gothic, Underrail or Kenshi (which it's not bad imho).

A great story, difficulty mods, reworked NG+/endgame and improved world layout would elevate this game to crack cocaine level.

This.

It's weird because although they've improved on DD1 in a variety of ways, they still have some weirdness that retraces some of the same flaws of the original. Fingers crossed that any expansion releases cover off some of those weaknesses like DA did for DD1.

Still though, a flawed gem is still miles ahead of most of the milquetoast dog shit we see these days.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Still though, a flawed gem is still miles ahead of most of the milquetoast dog shit we see these days.

Also it proves that soulsgames are going in the wrong direction.

Which is bad news because ER/soulslike content is plenty but DD2 content depends on Capcom.

:negative:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1000073668.jpg

Treasure this game

mediocrepoet

Patron
I often wonder if the pawns have taken so many hits to the head that they find their discussions interesting.

"A ballista is a ranged weapon!"
"We could use this in battle."
"Now there's a thought!"

"Different materials result in different creations!"

*Arisen, rubbing his temples* "Great. Thank you. Where's the nearest rift stone, cliff, or deep water?"

Shaki

Arbiter
I often wonder if the pawns have taken so many hits to the head that they find their discussions interesting.

"Now there's a thought!"

*Arisen, rubbing his temples* "Great. Thank you. Where's the nearest rift stone, cliff, or deep water?"
Yeah, it's one game where having more voice acting would actually be good, and instead they have just a few lines for pawns :negative: Meanwhile every janky indie isometric RPG, will spend half of their budget to have fucking essays fully voice acted. One mod I really want to see for DD2 at some point, would be more Pawn voices and banters, with AI it shouldn't be that hard to do, especially when current pawn VA already sounds like AI, at least in the english version.

Stoned Ape

Savant

"Now there's a thought!"

There's also the classic "I just thought of something..." followed by a pause that lasts until another pawn says something completely unrelated.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Korean games:

1. MMO like grinding mechanics
  2. Generic shitty looking anime protagonist
  3. Character is almost elven with indeterminate gender
  4. Asian kid with Jewish name and white boy features (skin tone, eye colour)
  5. Confused design doesn't know wtf it wants to be - binding ropes on a varsity jacket
  6. Random adjectives on screen related to God only knows
  7. Mobile phone looking UI

Japanese games:
  1. Rugged, grounded looking world
  2. NPC with Jewish name still has chiselled, grizzled features, definitely male
  3. No unnecessary UI clutter
  4. Clear period inspired clothing and architecture
  5. Theme reinforced by archaic language
  6. Detailed, realistic art style
  7. No cartoon shit in this one

This is what you meant, right?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
220/220

:shredder:

It's kind of funny because unless you're using a guide, by the time you get them all, there's probably no way you'll actually need it. :lol:

FFS :negative:
Did you do that all in one playthrough or use NG+ to respawn them? I can't imagine trying to get them all in one playthrough. The detection augment is ear cancer. It keeps going even during NPC interactions. It's enough to drive a man insane.

mediocrepoet

Patron
220/220

:shredder:

It's kind of funny because unless you're using a guide, by the time you get them all, there's probably no way you'll actually need it. :lol:

FFS :negative:
Did you do that all in one playthrough or use NG+ to respawn them? I can't imagine trying to get them all in one playthrough. The detection augment is ear cancer. It keeps going even during NPC interactions. It's enough to drive a man insane.
Still on my first playthrough. :lol:

I just have very selective weaponized autism, but when it kicks in...

I usually think of myself as a combatfag, but the older I get, the more I think I'm actually (or am becoming) an explorationfag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom