Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Friend wants his Xbox back in August, so i'll be looking to take the last couple of bites of this turd-burger in the coming weeks, after which I'll post a retrospective/review, though i'm not really sure what to say. It was a very mixed experience from start to finish, with high highs but some very low lows.

Maybe it will age better in my mind?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Friend wants his Xbox back in August, so i'll be looking to take the last couple of bites of this turd-burger in the coming weeks
A self loathing shit eater. That's a first.
A first? No the hell it isn't. I learned it from watching you, okay?! :negative:
I don't self loath over my taste in video games. My taste is exquisite. Codex still hasn't discovered how amazing RoboCop: Rogue City is but I knew it was amazing from day 1. I self loath over my real life failures like normal people do.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Is that DLSS worth anything?
I've bought 4060 mainly motivated by poor perfomance of DD2 on my trusty 970Ti. But when I tried that supersampling I was rather disgusted and turned it off ASAP. Everything became blurry AF.
Game became ugly, with blurry textures.

Is there some magic setting I'm missing?

The game itself just has shit upscaling implementation.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Last post in this thread from me.

I can't even be arsed to finish the game, while I finished Dark Arisen on three platforms multiple times.
I rated DD2 a 6/10 a couple pages ago, I'm sorry to say I have to downgrade that to a 4/10.

Delivering such a lacklustre sequel on the foundation of Dark Arisen is beyond pathetic.
I regret that I gave the game a chance.

Last edited:
I've bought 4060 mainly motivated by poor perfomance of DD2 on my trusty 970Ti. But when I tried that supersampling I was rather disgusted and turned it off ASAP. Everything became blurry AF.
DLSS comes with best antialiasing that is currently available for games but how good it looks depends on rendering resolution it's running at and also implementation within game itself. If you are on 1080p resolution, everything below DLAA (which is DLSS at 100% resolution) is unlikely to look good. You can try combining it with DLDSR (use 100% DSR smoothness with it unless you like sharpening). 1.78x DLDSR + DLSS Quality puts rendering resolution only slightly below your native. On 1080p screen it would translate to 960p. There's also DLSS Tweaks tool that allows you to set custom DLSS scaling, anything up to 1 (DLAA). By default Quality scaling is 0.66666667.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

4r6t28.jpg

Shinji

Savant
Guess the DLC will be announced at Gamescom in August or TGS in September.

Which makes sense, assuming it will release around November or so.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Possibly
But Capcom are supposed to announce multiple things at Dorito Pope's celebration and so far they've only dropped a new MonHun trailer...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DLSS comes with best antialiasing that is currently available for games but how good it looks depends on rendering resolution it's running at and also implementation within game itself. If you are on 1080p resolution, everything below DLAA (which is DLSS at 100% resolution) is unlikely to look good. You can try combining it with DLDSR (use 100% DSR smoothness with it unless you like sharpening). 1.78x DLDSR + DLSS Quality puts rendering resolution only slightly below your native. On 1080p screen it would translate to 960p. There's also DLSS Tweaks tool that allows you to set custom DLSS scaling, anything up to 1 (DLAA). By default Quality scaling is 0.66666667.

Game kept crashing on me, but finally managed to launch Frame Generation DLSS alongside True Fantasy ReShade.
Doesn't look bad, does seem more fluid.

Although the flickering is annoying.

Also went one step further with Warfarer. Equipped Rearmanent alongside mostly Fighter skills. Letting go off Gouging Strike wasn't so bad. Upgraded and equipped the ice daggers, played a bit with Implicate. Though it also cost me Full Moon Slash, which I like, so IDK. I'm quite confident about keeping Vengeance Slash, also like Skyward a lot.

Maybe I'll just use vanilla dagger skills for drakes and other enemies I'd rather rapidly stab with Cold enchanted arms. Or play a bit with Smokescreen - though that might feel a bit like cheating (and my Full Moon, eeeh).
Maybe I need to get a bow next. Could maybe skip Skyward Slash then. Blighting Arrows could be nice to get drakes down and apply a DOT... but that's another skill for my limited slots.
Then there's Sorcerer and Flare...

Shinji

Savant
I've installed an infinite levitation mod for the fun of it, and took this picture of the world from above.
The red outline roughly marks the playable area of the (non-unmoored) world

dd2-world-stroke.jpg

As you can see, there's a lot of non-playable terrain in the game.
There's a big region up to the north and to the east, along with that small island in the corner.

Interesting that to the east there's kind of a beach there, just north of the small island.
They were definitely planning something there, as to the west there's no such a thing near the coast, just rocks.

east-beach-scaled.jpg

The land to the north looks like this.
Nothing exciting, but could be a placeholder for something else in the future.

north-scaled.jpg

Here's the rough extent of these two regions on the map:
map-north-stroke.jpg

map-east-stroked.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Hm, even though the flicker and shadow edge tearing are somewhat annoying, with Frame Generation + True Fantasy Reshade enabled, the game finally looks and runs pretty epic.
Should have been like this from the start.
Better late then never I guess.

Bought and upgraded a bow (Medusan is too heavy) to be able to skip Cloudward, finished upgrading the frost daggers to dragonforged. Must say I like the setup of Mage Pawn using Fire enchant on my fighter sword & board plus my Archer Pawn using Tarring arrows to kill most enemies really fast with support from Torching status, while still being able to switch to frost daggers for drakes and some other fire / physical resistant enemies.

Using Vengeance Slash, Full Moon Slash, Rearmanent and another flux skill, currently playing with Smokescreen. Probably won't ever be able to use Blighting Arrows or the Augural Flare due to Vocation Rank requirements.
Could equip my archer pawn with Blighting arrows... but do I want to block a skill slot for such a rare and expensive use case? She's already using Tarring & Explosive arrows - which are cheap and plentiful.

Oh and having Light encumbrance + the Warfarer Augment is pretty great for running.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
The Unmoored World is rather fun. Quite a power fantasy! But also with some attrition elements baked in.

Seems like I cannot save the elves from the Sacred Arbor, as I haven't done their quests to save their Heart or something. Whatever.
Maybe the world will be better without them.

Bought and upgraded the Dragon's Dogma sword. Does this mean I've won the game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom