Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems like I cannot save the elves from the Sacred Arbor, as I haven't done their quests to save their Heart or something. Whatever.
Maybe the world will be better without them.
You needed to have completed Glendower's Glyndwr's questline through saving his sister Doireann, then assist her in a quest involving the elven tree Arborheart.
Yeah, I never bothered with that archer's quest. Or even visiting Sacred Arbor before end game, actually. Kinda weird that an elf needs a primitive bow of human make to learn archery.
It's actually that
it removes the pressure from his lineage about how he should be shooting and excelling and lets him shoot his own way and realize his own potential. Daddy issues, basically.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aaand finished. Reached level 63.

Liked the post game, it didn't waste the main chad's time and was a fun power trip.
Guess being OP would grow old pretty fast, but as is, you don't have time to get bored and shit happens.

Kinda shame the ending sequence was basically a cutscene again... nearly the same too. Though the Pawn's role was kinda moving.

Shinji

Savant
Now, I'll wait for the DLC.
Here's hoping the leaks are real and we get lots of content.
Where is info on this leak?
This is pure speculation, mind you.

• Title: Dragon Princess
  • DLC is considerably bigger than Dark Arisen
  • DLC isn't planning to alter content from the base game
  • New Area is Swamp and Tundra of a country called Galacyia, based on European Northen Countries, it's about the size of the main map in the game (Battahl and Venworth), it will be accesible by some points in the East of Vernworth
  • Story is about another Arisen (female), chosen by the another dragon. The main story is only accessible after the main game, but the region can be accesed at any point in the game.
  • DLC Price will be around $29.99, it wil be the biggest ever made by Capcom and it has been in the works alongside the main game.
  • There will be around 10 new big monsters and around 35 new enemy types, the ones i've seen are a giant snow troll, a giant spided bear, poison wyvern and cerberus (hydra and cockatrice are not one of them)
  • Release Date is November, but it might get delayed

There's an NPC in Checkpoint Rest Town that tells you a rumor about the residents of a village to the north all dying overnight.

Sounds familiar?
If your pawn gets infected with Dragonsplague and you rest at an inn, all the NPCs in that location die overnight.
If the DLC involves another Arisen -- and consequentially another Main Pawn -- it all fits together.

Sure this could be just a coincidence, but there's also equipment in-game that mentions the "Hyperboreans", describing them as "legendary bow-wielding people of the north".

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
  • New Area is Swamp and Tundra of a country called Galacyia, based on European Northen Countries, it's about the size of the main map in the game (Battahl and Venworth), it will be accesible by some points in the East of Vernworth
  • Story is about another Arisen (female), chosen by the another dragon. The main story is only accessible after the main game, but the region can be accesed at any point in the game.
  • DLC Price will be around $29.99, it wil be the biggest ever made by Capcom and it has been in the works alongside the main game.
  • There will be around 10 new big monsters and around 35 new enemy types, the ones i've seen are a giant snow troll, a giant spided bear, poison wyvern and cerberus (hydra and cockatrice are not one of them)

No mega dungeon? :killit:

Self-Ejected

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron

Declined game all around.
Who cares.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Declined game all around.
Who cares.
Not you! Lurking around to hop in to provide your valuable input on how little you care.

purpleblob

Augur
Now, I'll wait for the DLC.
Here's hoping the leaks are real and we get lots of content.
Where is info on this leak?
This is pure speculation, mind you.

There's an NPC in Checkpoint Rest Town that tells you a rumor about the residents of a village to the north all dying overnight.

Sounds familiar?
If your pawn gets infected with Dragonsplague and you rest at an inn, all the NPCs in that location die overnight.
If the DLC involves another Arisen -- and consequentially another Main Pawn -- it all fits together.

Sure this could be just a coincidence, but there's also equipment in-game that mentions the "Hyperboreans", describing them as "legendary bow-wielding people of the north".

Interesting.... I hope this leak is true. I also hope they fix/add back stuff cut from the base game with this DLC - but I'm probably hoping for too much at this point.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I won't begrudge them the lack of a megadungeon if the new area is good.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I didn’t mind the spaghetti design of the world’s paths, but with it’s attrition system and the great early level long-form exploration/combat (before level 20 or 30) it will be a shame if they don’t give us a hard mode and large dungeon to get lost in. The best part of classic crawling is feeling desperation for supplies while lost on another floor..

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I won't begrudge them the lack of a megadungeon if the new area is good.
This game has more than enough wilderness. It is lacking heavily in dungeons. For me is its main weakness.

purpleblob

Augur
Capcom released another survey - https://jp.research.net/r/P_DD2?lang=en

Change the language from Japanese to English using the drop down menu on top right.

Last question let you share your feedback in free text format - hope this means they will release a huge patch to add back in cut contents and other improvements.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Capcom released another survey - https://jp.research.net/r/P_DD2?lang=en

Change the language from Japanese to English using the drop down menu on top right.

Last question let you share your feedback in free text format - hope this means they will release a huge patch to add back in cut contents and other improvements.
I dont know about that, did Capcom lately added/restored something substantial that was based on community feedback? Situation for DD2 could be different considering its successfull launch, still i would rather avoid being overly optimistic for anything like that. Restoring DD1 equipment system would be great though...

deuxhero

Arcane
There's a section that asks you to rate the text making sense. Put a 0 in the field and complain about "body type" being a translation error. Also the artifical minimum height and performance being shit.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
How is gothic 2 in comparison to this game?
Both games share similarities in map design
Both put an emphasis on exploration and a sense of adventure - Gothic is more rewarding in the former, DD2 is more intense in the latter
Gothic 2 quests and wordlbuilding are superior
DD2 combat and enemy design are light-years ahead of G2

Carceri

Arcane
No difficulty tweaks. Wtf are they even doing? They're "fixing" shit that was never a problem and doing nothing to correct the biggest flaw in the game. WOW!

I wouldn't call addressing some performance issues and storage amputated functionality 'shit that was never a problem'. In fact, I think this is the first truly significant update so far.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
No difficulty tweaks. Wtf are they even doing? They're "fixing" shit that was never a problem and doing nothing to correct the biggest flaw in the game. WOW!

I wouldn't call addressing some performance issues and storage amputated functionality 'shit that was never a problem'. In fact, I think this is the first truly significant update so far.
The game being piss easy at higher character levels was always the biggest problem. It should have been addressed by now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom