Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Suicidal

Arcane
I think if there will be stuff like hard mode it will come with the DLC.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
They don't mention this in the updates notes, but they've added new Pawn chatter
Or perhaps finally implemented (they may have plenty of already recorded but unused dialogue)...
IMO, based on how disjointed and barely coherent some of the dialogue is, this is proof that the campgain's story got reworked sometime in the year leading up to launch
For example:
  • the pawns talk like all of Vernworth has turned on you during the fight with Brine Chicken
  • the comment of the leaving behind the city seems almost if at some point in the story the Arisen and pawns were to be exiled (which could have been the orignal reason we go to Battahl)
  • it's possible they trashed some sort of story quest to infiltrate the forbidden magic research area, since there's that weird unmarked one that lets you get the outfit

I guess this is on par with tradition for the series, one such example from DD1 is when the Duke says he's sending us to an expedition, that doesn't happen - but later in the GDC Itsuno did show that we were supposed to go on an expedition to a "Dragon Island".

Did they actually fix the performance issues though?
From what I've seen on /v/ and /vg/, apparentely the 1% lows have increased by a lot.
People that had the game run sometimes even as low as 30fps in Vernworth, now get stable 50fps
Performance also improved for consoles - the game was clearly undercooked when it released, fucking Crapcom

Sentinel

Arcane
Game has a 2 hour long free trial.

DRAGON'S DOGMA 2 FREE TRIAL​

The free trial campaign is running until:
July 18 2024 16:59 (UTC)
During this time, you can play Dragon's Dogma 2 for up to two hours free of charge.

*Save data from the free trial can be transferred to the full version of the game if purchased.
*You can make the most of your playtime by creating your characters in advance using the free Character Creator & Storage tool.
*Playable hours will continue to count while the game is running in the background.
*Campaign may change or end at any time without prior notice.
Steam13_GL_DD2_custom_info_trial.png

Y4wK95.jpg

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
There have been demos where they were a large portion of the full game with a just time limit before like Octopath Traveller 2 (you could freeze the time using cheat engine kek). I think one of the monster hunter games had a time limited demo as well.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Did they actually fix the performance issues though?
From what I've seen on /v/ and /vg/, apparentely the 1% lows have increased by a lot.
People that had the game run sometimes even as low as 30fps in Vernworth, now get stable 50fps
Performance also improved for consoles - the game was clearly undercooked when it released, fucking Crapcom
Is this "kill Denuvo get 100 FPS"?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yea this is exactly situation "when you remove DRM, you get 100 FPS instead of 50".

Also the correct code is:
Code:
For(int c = 0; c<characters.length; c++){
do stuff(characters[c]);
}
If you have densely populated simulation.
Not some shit scripting stuff.

Frankly even Bethesda got it somewhat right in Oblivion. Or perhaps I should mention Hitman trilogy. Imagine these 30 FPS in main city in Oblivion, or these 0.3 FPS in Hitman trilogy if these Japanese were tasked to develop these games. They got environments mostly right, but if they need to use Denuvo longer than half year to protect sales, who cares. I'd rather pay for DualShock 4 to replace my 6-axis with dead battery than for a privilege to get my game disabled on a third party's whim.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Or maybe, just maybe, these japanese devs had different priorities. There aren't games out there that do what DD2 does to call them incompentent by comparison. I think it's the first game in last decade that impressed me from a technical standpoint. And with gameplay implications, not just squeezing more and more eye candy for the sake of it.

Runs good enough on consoles and a 2-3 year old PC and and I don't remember any outrageous bug. Discussing their competence is absurd.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
the game runs at 30fps on a 4090 & 7800X3D
That's a ridiculous lie
The game's optimization is poor, but no where near that bad
Vernworth is the only place I get 30fps, running the game with a 9th gen i7 and a GTX 1660
The only way you're getting framerates that low with those specs, is if you're playing the game with the Path Tracing mod

Duplarius

Literate
Japanese devs shoehorn blacks into my European medieval fantasy world.
Yasuke is now a samurai in full samurai panopoly in historical Japan.
Ah, vengeance is mine...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Or maybe, just maybe, these japanese devs had different priorities. There aren't games out there that do what DD2 does to call them incompentent by comparison. I think it's the first game in last decade that impressed me from a technical standpoint. And with gameplay implications, not just squeezing more and more eye candy for the sake of it.

Runs good enough on consoles and a 2-3 year old PC and and I don't remember any outrageous bug. Discussing their competence is absurd.

Good enough on 2-3 year old PC is a terrible benchmark TBH. When 90% of the games I remotely care about run just fine on 10 year old PCs. Including block busters like Elden Ring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom